No announcement yet.

Unreal studio for blender?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! This would be extremely useful. I use blender frequently, and i can imagine there are plenty of Indies who can't afford an Autodesk seat out there who would want this too.

Comment

There is some activity to create this exporter by someone other than us. Stay tuned.
      Sr. Product Manager
      Epic Games

Comment

kenpimentel I was just about to add my vote for blender support. Thank you for the info! Please give us more when you know. I couldn't locate the third-party exporter you're talking about.

Comment

I will ask him to post on this thread when he has something you can test with.
          Sr. Product Manager
          Epic Games

Comment

Wow when I saw this thread I was preparing to be disappointed but I'm glad I was wrong. Can't wait to test Blender exporter.

Comment

Yes please, that would be awesome!

Comment

The developer is delayed on working on this, he hasn't given me an ETA as to when it will be available. We've provided him with the Datasmith APIs, so we're hoping we'll see something soon. He's done some experiments already.
                Sr. Product Manager
                Epic Games

Comment

Absolutely would love to see this, glad to see it's happening

Comment

Originally posted by kenpimentel View Post
                    The developer is delayed on working on this, he hasn't given me an ETA as to when it will be available. We've provided him with the Datasmith APIs, so we're hoping we'll see something soon. He's done some experiments already.
                    Does this mean that Blender integration will require Datasmith and Unreal Studio? With its future subscription fees, that won't be good news for small, independent developers.

Comment

Why not worry about that IF we ever charge for it?
                      Sr. Product Manager
                      Epic Games

Comment

It says it is already there Blender to Unreal via Datasmith or is it in developement ? (I found this in Unreal Studio download page)

Comment

i am working with blender many years and making interiors viz. and i love it. and i also love UE4 for its power. i totally would love to see a datasmith plugin for blender

Comment

Originally posted by Wincent82 View Post
                            It says it is already there Blender to Unreal via Datasmith or is it in developement ? (I found this in Unreal Studio download page)
                            The way I see it, that chart actually shows the exact opposite. That for those mentioned packages, the intention is for data exchange to not go through Datasmith. That being said, I have very high hopes for GLTF. It's a great format which once finished should allow you to transfer data between UE4 and DCC packages, including Blender, very efficiently. Preserving PBR materials and such.
                            https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

Comment

Originally posted by Rawalanche View Post
                              The way I see it, that chart actually shows the exact opposite. That for those mentioned packages, the intention is for data exchange to not go through Datasmith.
                              You are correct. What you say is accurate for the current timeframe, and Wincent82...thank you for pointing out that the graphic is inaccurate. The data flow for these formats should not be seen flowing through the Datasmith plugin, but directly into the Unreal Engine instead. We'll look into fixing the graphic.

That said, we do intend eventually to support additional software like these via the Datasmith importer.
                              Stephen Ellis | @TheEpicStephen
                              Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for reply. Ofcourse, I would also love to see Datasmith for Blender to UE4 in action if this are the forecasts, I'm looking forward

Comment

Working...
                                X