Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Add Vertex Coloring support, as set by the VertexPaint modifier. This one is really important as it's not a convenience feature but a make or break kind of deal.

Comment

OSL shader support / conversion would be great as well.

Comment

Imagine if the Merge Actors tool knew which actors it merged, and would update when the source actors changed (ie, when you re-import a datasmith assy).

Imagine if the Merge Actor result could contain a list of objects it had merged, so if you forget one object, you can open it up again and add it to the merge, without having to re-do everything.

Imagine if you were able to select a pivot point for the Merge Actor tool to use.

That would make the tool way, way more useful in conjunction with Datasmith.

Either that, or you put some of the Merge Actors functionality into the magic special object that is the "datasmith scene" object.

Comment

Feature Request: Unreal studio datasmith add importing CAD file format - JT PLMXML (.plmxml) - An open XML-based file format, specified by Siemens PLM Software. A PLMXML-structure could link to the model data in another file (an External Representation), or the data can be embedded within the Representation element in the XML file (an InternalRepresentation).

Comment

REQUEST: Please let us CHANGE LANDSCAPE (Height, build new, kill landscape, edit foliage, flatten either the whole thing, or just a section etc etc) at RUN TIME. also, if nothing else, allow us to import landscape heightmaps, then apply it to said landscape at runtime.

I've been considering for the past few days on killing my project and restarting it on Unity because from what I can gather, it allows at runtime-terrain editing. I'm not entirely sure what i'm going to do. There are a lot of want to be city builder projects, but they all get stomped by this not being allowed in blueprints, and being SO unreasonably difficult in C++ that it's inaccessible to higher (bp, language) level programmers.

Comment

REALLY looking forward to Cinema 4D Datasmith plugin!!!!

Comment

Hi,

First of all thank you so much for the great work.

Feature Request: It would be great if you could add a built-in voice chat system to multi user template, since you really need to discuss in runtime when there are multiple users visiting the project from a distance, another great addition would be a grab system for multi user template, similar to VR Template. Also I cant make the actor begin overlap funtion work when I am on the VR mode, thats I assume something that has to do with collisions so it could be great if that was built-in inside the template. Thank you so much.

Comment

Happy new year everyone (we still have all the month to wish it right) !

Feature suggestion > being able to bulk edit the "Min Lightmap Resolution" setting in the mesh properties, as most of the time the Datasmith importer doesnt really do a good job at choosing what value to go for...

Or maybe a toggle to match the Min Lightmap Resolution to the Lightmap Resolution value, and rebuild every UV accordingly ?

Cheers !
                  Antoine Guillo, FR
                  Virtual Reality Designer
                  https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

There needs to be an option to disable the VR launch when opening the UE editor. It doesn't matter what project I'm working on; both Windows MR and Steam VR launch when UE editor is started, and I'll close them. Then they launch again when I select a project. It's really annoying, and I currently see no way to disable them when I'm not working on a VR-based project.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post
                      Happy new year everyone (we still have all the month to wish it right) !

Feature suggestion > being able to bulk edit the "Min Lightmap Resolution" setting in the mesh properties, as most of the time the Datasmith importer doesnt really do a good job at choosing what value to go for...

Or maybe a toggle to match the Min Lightmap Resolution to the Lightmap Resolution value, and rebuild every UV accordingly ?

Cheers !
                      Yep, we have been putting thoughts into this and we get way better results in internal builds. (everything is turning more less the same color in the lightmap density viz mode now). Stay tuned!
                      Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Manager AEC, Unreal Engine Enterprise
                      Epic Games - LinkedIn

Unreal Studio Documentation
                      Unreal Studio Technical Support
                      Report Unreal Studio Bugs

Comment

Originally posted by pf_breton View Post

Yep, we have been putting thoughts into this and we get way better results in internal builds. (everything is turning more less the same color in the lightmap density viz mode now). Stay tuned!
                        Now that is proper awesome !
                        Antoine Guillo, FR
                        Virtual Reality Designer
                        https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Option to not actually bake displacement maps onto the mesh itself on import.

Boy, we had some weird results of that and it never actaually looked good at any point either.

(How about creating a parallax occlusion map material instead of baking displacement maps onto the mesh?)
                          Last edited by roberteker; 01-24-2019, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Fix the issue with Corona lights importing through datasmith with values in the tens of billions. Crashes immediately if you try and change the intensity too.

Comment

Has there been any progress on the Solidworks assembly importer. The current one does not work. If so is there a alpha or beta build I can try.

Comment

As request i'd like to have an option when import a datasmith file from max to check if a material with the same name already exist and to use that instead of creating a new on.

Comment

Working...
                                X