This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I would love an easy way to undo "Merge Actors".

It's really destructive right now, and really problematic to revert.

Very often, I discover that I accidentally merged something I shouldn't have, and then I need to start from zero again and hope I don't do another mistake.

Mistakes are really easy to creep in when you have thousands of parts in an import.

EDIT: To clarify, I was talking about the "Merge Actors" found in the developer menu. Apparently, there's a different workflow with Visual Dataprep as well.
    Last edited by roberteker; 12-13-2019, 07:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MaxISoP View Post
    Both Unity and Lumberyard now have ECS workflow built-in. It would be awesome if Unreal has a ECS workflow.
    Unreal has ECS system available to integrate way before Unity and Lumberyard actually made it. You can google for ECS system for C++ and simply integrate with Unreal Engine and use it. You can find this framework in variety on Github

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Joshua42777 View Post
    Feature request: native c# support. Or at least epic helping to debug the usharp plugin and make it production ready.
    I know by now, our position on C# is that it is essential for AEC development. So many tools are made using C# and being able to port them to UE4 would make it a such a powerhouse for development. Developing the same functionality across multiple languages isn't the best thing. Grasshopper is C#, Revit/Dynamo is C# and Unity is too, so support of this would open the floodgates for so many tools to be made available in UE4.

Would be interesting to hear from other Enterprise users what they think

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Request please - Slice modifier animation support from 3ds max

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Feature request: native c# support. Or at least epic helping to debug the usharp plugin and make it production ready.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by david.gillespie View Post
    Awesome to see such a great list of supported file formats. I'm 99% sure IFC is supported. Have you tried 4.24 preview?
    I tried it now, it works in 4.24 preview. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome to see such a great list of supported file formats. I'm 99% sure IFC is supported. Have you tried 4.24 preview?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pf_breton View Post

The plugin is deactivated by default but once it’s on, it should be there.
    I'm trying to do the same thing, but the DataPrep input selector doesn't seem to allow IFC files, is this something we can expect in the future? Or is there another way to do this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dataprep.png
Views:	73
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1689923

Leave a comment:

• replied
    pf_breton any thoughts on an fbx exporter that would have distinguishable materials? They wouldn't have to be realistic but just have different diffuse colors.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HiIAmMoot View Post
    Thanks. Regarding that however. In the inputs we can only specify datasmith filetypes. I'm dealing with IFCs however, would it be possible to handle IFC files through DataPrep as well?
    The plugin is deactivated by default but once it’s on, it should be there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks. Regarding that however. In the inputs we can only specify datasmith filetypes. I'm dealing with IFCs however, would it be possible to handle IFC files through DataPrep as well?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HiIAmMoot View Post
    Would it be possible for Datasmith to allow you to specify material replacements upon import? Something similarly to what you have when importing an fbx into a level. And pleade have it so where you can select more than 1 material at a time and specify its replacement.
    Have a look at the material substitution table in the Dataprep workflow

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would it be possible for Datasmith to allow you to specify material replacements upon import? Something similarly to what you have when importing an fbx into a level. And pleade have it so where you can select more than 1 material at a time and specify its replacement.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sonic_reducer View Post
    It would be great if the metadata could be imported as integers/doubles as well instead of only as strings. Right now a lot of metadata I get from Revit is kind of useless because it usually includes the unit format as well, making it impossible to convert to an integer/double. For instance: square footage metadata is displayed as '100 m²'. It would be better if it would just be displayed as 100 as a string (so you can convert it) but preferably as an actual int/dbl.
    You could query the string to find the unit type? However it would make more sense that the data at least came out mapped to floats/integers etc (which would seem feasible as Revit knows the data type it stores). I don't think sqM however is a normal data type inside UE4 however so some consideration on that may be needed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It would be great if the metadata could be imported as integers/doubles as well instead of only as strings. Right now a lot of metadata I get from Revit is kind of useless because it usually includes the unit format as well, making it impossible to convert to an integer/double. For instance: square footage metadata is displayed as '100 m²'. It would be better if it would just be displayed as 100 as a string (so you can convert it) but preferably as an actual int/dbl.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X