Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are about to kick off that project, so stay tuned.
    Sr. Product Manager
    Epic Games

Comment

is .ifc import not something that would be useful to have?

Comment

Originally posted by J.Kimberley View Post
        is .ifc import not something that would be useful to have?
        Hi J.

You may want to add to the discussion here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...itects-via-ifc
        Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Hi All,

Not sure if its possible to do what I am asking currently or if this would be a feature request? I would love to have the ability to save presets.
          For example when I start a project I always have certain settings on and or off. I setup a lightmassimportance volume, skylight with a hdri etc etc. It would be great to save this scene as the startup default scene so I do not have to do that for every scene I open.

Would be great to save out presets, for example lightmass settings. I have different settings for my first bake and final bake, would be great to just save those out and load them into any scene, instead of redoing them every time.

Even material defaults and presets that could be loaded into other scene would be very helpful.

The ability to network render the build. I know you have swarm but I still cant seem to get that to work correctly and or efficiently. ( Is there a good video showing the setup of this on computers across a network.

Thanks
          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by werx60 View Post
            Hi All,

Not sure if its possible to do what I am asking currently or if this would be a feature request? I would love to have the ability to save presets.
            For example when I start a project I always have certain settings on and or off. I setup a lightmassimportance volume, skylight with a hdri etc etc. It would be great to save this scene as the startup default scene so I do not have to do that for every scene I open.

Would be great to save out presets, for example lightmass settings. I have different settings for my first bake and final bake, would be great to just save those out and load them into any scene, instead of redoing them every time.

Even material defaults and presets that could be loaded into other scene would be very helpful.

The ability to network render the build. I know you have swarm but I still cant seem to get that to work correctly and or efficiently. ( Is there a good video showing the setup of this on computers across a network.

Thanks
            Alex

I agree word by word. For lightmassing on swarm here you have recent documentation. I've got near 90 cores running fine.
            Santiago Rivera.
            > 25 years as 3D and 4D AEC Freelance CGI Artist.
            Worldwide technical AEC and Laboratory projects.

4dconstructionphasing.com

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks
              Alex

Originally posted by Anaximedes View Post

I agree word by word. For lightmassing on swarm here you have recent documentation. I've got near 90 cores running fine.
              Setting up a project the way you want it, and then saving that as a Template may help with some of your request. https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...atingTemplates
              Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

I don't know if this is the right place to do this but i'm voting for datasmith maya plugin.. I do my architectural work in Maya. The plugin will make my workflow much easier.

Comment

I'd like the ability to explode and un-explode CAD assemblies with smooth animation. This is a pretty important/standard feature for viewing any CAD assembly. Are there any plans in the works for this already?

A quick and dirty solution could be having all parts move away from a central point, but that probably wouldn't look too good and wouldn't represent how the product actually comes apart. It would be great if there was a good workflow for positioning all of the parts in the exploded state, saving that exploded state, and then having the ability to animate all of the parts between exploded and un-exploded positions (similar to what can be done within any CAD software).

Here is what I think would be ideal: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...al-parts-in-vr

To give you some context, I am a Mechanical Engineer by day and a freelance game developer by night. I have lots of experience with various CAD software (Solidworks, Creo/Pro Engineer, Fusion 360, OnShape) and I think Unreal Studio could be greatly improved by implementing some of the standard features of any CAD software such as exploding assemblies. There is a chance I'll be implementing Unreal Studio into a large Engineering company if we find it suits our needs, and such a feature would greatly help.
                  Last edited by Matt2468rv; 09-12-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

OK so you are the only person on this forum to answer my question pertaining to my swarm issue. So I thank you for that.

I did follow the link you sent. Unfortunately I am still running into the same problem I was prior.

I keep getting the same error message. "certifcate check has failed.....then Failed to load error messages. 4 different ones.

I have four machines that I can use on my network all day except I cant get swarm to work.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
                    Alex

Attached Files

Comment

OK so you are the only person on this forum to answer my question pertaining to my swarm issue. So I thank you for that.

I did follow the link you sent. Unfortunately I am still running into the same problem I was prior.

I keep getting the same error message. "certifcate check has failed.....then Failed to load error messages. 4 different ones.

I have four machines that I can use on my network all day except I cant get swarm to work.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
                      Alex
                      Ok. I saw your private message but the image was too small. Here I can see it better.

The line that says "Failed to determine engine directory..." may be the key. Did you installed Prerequisites of the same UE4 version in all the machines?

Give me some days, I'm actually overworked...
                      Santiago Rivera.
                      > 25 years as 3D and 4D AEC Freelance CGI Artist.
                      Worldwide technical AEC and Laboratory projects.

4dconstructionphasing.com

Comment

Have to ask - MDL import process from 3DS max -> prevents retexturing the model with the exact MDL materials all over again in Unreal and having to import each one individually (Either vray or iray - Would just love this feature). If that was done, our office would adopt unreal within a heart beat!

Comment

Yes, we know we have to go back and look at these workflows now that we have MDL/AxF support. Did you create your own library of MDL?
                          Sr. Product Manager
                          Epic Games

Comment

Ok. I saw your private message but the image was too small. Here I can see it better.

The line that says "Failed to determine engine directory..." may be the key. Did you installed Prerequisites of the same UE4 version in all the machines?

Give me some days, I'm actually overworked...
                            I did not install prerequisites of the same UE4 version on all machines. Should I?

No worries if your busy I understand.

Thanks

AM

Comment

In order for Unreal Studio to capture archvis market, 'Simplification' is the key, I believe.

1. Simpler Setups
                              Currently Unreal Engine is just too complex to be used for day-to-day visualisation for archi / archvis firms & artists. It requires steep learning process and more manpower than the conventional visualisation tools. In archvis industry, design changes regularly and often happens in the last minutes. Many opt to Enscape, Twinmotion or Lumion to produce quick / instant realtime visualisation. VRay, for instance, has this Quick Settings for starters who do not wish to dig into all the settings.
                              Personally I think, it would be great if Unreal Studio provides alternative simpler settings / interface for starters, while all settings (incl. blueprints) are still avaiable at the background for expert users.

2. Stock Libraries / Pre-built Modules
                              Not merely meshes and materials.
                              Having many small 'modules' can help speed up the process. This can be for example : a default unreal master material, realtime clock, open/close door, light switch or other 'most-used' items. I understand these items can be easily built & setup at the background, but as speed matters in this industry, having those in some kind of modules that we can simply drag & drop will definitely speed up the process.

Datasmith in this case is one good example of what archvis industry really needs. It does simplify the process.
                              Looking forward to a 'simpler' Unreal Engine / Unreal Studio.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, this is all on our agenda.
                                Sr. Product Manager
                                Epic Games

Comment

Working...
                                X