Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would strongly suggest some workflow improvements for partial updates. Unless I'm being really dense and I'm missing something very obvious, when you make changes only to a few elements on the model you need to export the entire datasmith file again (which can take north of 15 minutes for really large projects)

The only way I found of speeding up that process is by splitting the model into several datasmith files, which is definitively not ideal and rather error prone if you're not extremely meticulous.

That makes it really difficult to work with datasmith when iterating on the project design, something that is very fast and straightforward with Lumion and (to a slightly lesser extent) TwinMotion.

Comment

Compliments for the way Datasmith evolved over the years. I tested it in the beginning but it didn't work for me at that time and I stuck to a fbx workflow. Its much better now.

Requests for SketchUp;
      - export selected
      - reuse the groups names from SketchUp for the geometries in UE so you can use the names (filter contains) in the actions when using dataprep. At the moment nicely named objects in SketchUp are converted to group_1 group_2 etc.
      Last edited by maxbrown; 05-17-2020, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankiePibbs View Post
        Please also have a look to latest BLUI version:

https://github.com/getnamo/BLUI/releases/tag/3.7.0

It supports natively PDF rendering, and seems best method to do everything.
        We've looked into this and whilst it looks good, it doesn't currently work building to Hololens2

David Gillespie
        Associate
        Foster + Partners

Comment

Originally posted by david.gillespie View Post

We've looked into this and whilst it looks good, it doesn't currently work building to Hololens2
          Hi David,
          I solved with this one

https://virtualbird.de/ue4Doku/HTMLMenu/html/index.jsp

Have a look

Comment

FrankiePibbs - Thanks we'll take a look at your plugin again for this as I believe previously HL2 wasn't working as expected.

We are also interested in how we could replicate a browser window to multiple users - (not just the URL) - if anyone has had any thoughts on this. We've struggled with how this may replicate as you can't replicate the texture every frame etc as that would really strain the replication system.
            - anyway perhaps this musing is better directed outside of the DataSmith forum!
            David Gillespie
            Associate
            Foster + Partners

Comment

Previous Datasmith plugin has the feature 'Conversion Option'. The integrated Datasmith for Unreal Engine 4.25.3 doesn't have that option!

Comment

Working...
              X