Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, dunno if its already available or requested. If we could specify the lightmap resolution per object via Datasmith Atributes modifier in 3ds max. Thanks.

Comment

you have to specify the lightmap resolution object while importing or after you import, Datasmith Atributes modifier is to export mesh. if that object is not getting import in right form.
      Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY...97QaoBbllHR4_g
      Behance - https://www.behance.net/UE4_Archviz

My System
      Cpu - i9 7980XE
      MB - Asus X299 Pro Se Motherboard
      Gpu - Zotac GTX1060 AMP 6GB DDR5 Graphic Card
      Ram - Corsair Dual RGB 32 GB
      SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD

Comment

Hey so, I have a project that's grown and gone through a number of changes. The issue I have is I'm not sure what is using some of my collision trace/object responses anymore and I'd like to update and remove them if they serve no purpose now.

At this point digging through every component of every blueprint trying to find every reference of that response is not possible.

Can I request that collision responses be searched the same way "Find References" is used?

Comment

Originally posted by sergey.cataev View Post
          Hi, dunno if its already available or requested. If we could specify the lightmap resolution per object via Datasmith Atributes modifier in 3ds max. Thanks.
          Have you looked into visual data prep in 4.23? It let's you specify a process of setting up an import workflow that is based off attributes of the datammith and applying rules to this (such as replace tree meshes with specific assets or overriding materials). This may be useful?
          David Gillespie
          Associate
          Foster + Partners

Comment

I've noticed DGN in the Datasmith file import options. Is this format being considered at all for inclusion? Attempting to import at the moment just seems to create a Datasmith actor.
            Richard Frost

Head of VR & AR
            Pilbrow & Partners

Comment

It would be great if the metadata could be imported as integers/doubles as well instead of only as strings. Right now a lot of metadata I get from Revit is kind of useless because it usually includes the unit format as well, making it impossible to convert to an integer/double. For instance: square footage metadata is displayed as '100 m²'. It would be better if it would just be displayed as 100 as a string (so you can convert it) but preferably as an actual int/dbl.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic_reducer View Post
                It would be great if the metadata could be imported as integers/doubles as well instead of only as strings. Right now a lot of metadata I get from Revit is kind of useless because it usually includes the unit format as well, making it impossible to convert to an integer/double. For instance: square footage metadata is displayed as '100 m²'. It would be better if it would just be displayed as 100 as a string (so you can convert it) but preferably as an actual int/dbl.
                You could query the string to find the unit type? However it would make more sense that the data at least came out mapped to floats/integers etc (which would seem feasible as Revit knows the data type it stores). I don't think sqM however is a normal data type inside UE4 however so some consideration on that may be needed.
                David Gillespie
                Associate
                Foster + Partners

Comment

Would it be possible for Datasmith to allow you to specify material replacements upon import? Something similarly to what you have when importing an fbx into a level. And pleade have it so where you can select more than 1 material at a time and specify its replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by HiIAmMoot View Post
                    Would it be possible for Datasmith to allow you to specify material replacements upon import? Something similarly to what you have when importing an fbx into a level. And pleade have it so where you can select more than 1 material at a time and specify its replacement.
                    Have a look at the material substitution table in the Dataprep workflow
                    Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Manager AEC, Unreal Engine Enterprise
                    Epic Games - LinkedIn

Unreal Studio Documentation
                    Unreal Studio Technical Support
                    Report Unreal Studio Bugs

Comment

Thanks. Regarding that however. In the inputs we can only specify datasmith filetypes. I'm dealing with IFCs however, would it be possible to handle IFC files through DataPrep as well?

Comment

Originally posted by HiIAmMoot View Post
                        Thanks. Regarding that however. In the inputs we can only specify datasmith filetypes. I'm dealing with IFCs however, would it be possible to handle IFC files through DataPrep as well?
                        The plugin is deactivated by default but once it’s on, it should be there.

Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Manager AEC, Unreal Engine Enterprise
                        Epic Games - LinkedIn

Unreal Studio Documentation
                        Unreal Studio Technical Support
                        Report Unreal Studio Bugs

Comment

pf_breton any thoughts on an fbx exporter that would have distinguishable materials? They wouldn't have to be realistic but just have different diffuse colors.

Comment

Originally posted by pf_breton View Post

The plugin is deactivated by default but once it’s on, it should be there.
                            I'm trying to do the same thing, but the DataPrep input selector doesn't seem to allow IFC files, is this something we can expect in the future? Or is there another way to do this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dataprep.png
Views:	54
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1689923

Comment

Awesome to see such a great list of supported file formats. I'm 99% sure IFC is supported. Have you tried 4.24 preview?
                              David Gillespie
                              Associate
                              Foster + Partners

Comment

Originally posted by david.gillespie View Post
                                Awesome to see such a great list of supported file formats. I'm 99% sure IFC is supported. Have you tried 4.24 preview?
                                I tried it now, it works in 4.24 preview. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X