Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by pf_breton View Post

The new pixel streaming system is a way towards this type of workflow, where the same quality is available no matter what platform you use, provided that a powerful desktop runs the app somewhere
    pf_breton Your response about the new pixel streaming system was to a question regarding multi-player virtual reality spaces. Are you saying the pixel streaming solution is suitable for remotely rendered VR? I could see for a phone based touch app, but the latency seems a major hurdle for VR. Is there some awesome client side re-projection tech in the works?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tredigraph View Post

Yes, i know the Stream media source workflow, but i need an offline system for fast and reliable solutions.
    I can't stream from url 360° videos without a proper connection (that in some case i might not have) and i have multiple video for each clients factory (so many GB of files).
    Loading video from the phone storage is the only pratical solution i need to use right now.
    Same problem for me. I was thinking about setup a local web server on phone to adress the "url" function, but maybe it's an overkill solution for such a simple problem...
    Any android player can read from storage, i guess unreal won't allow that for security reason, but with the studio version i wish for a more "flexible" control over such matters.

Prince_By-Tor if there's a solution to this problem i'll be very interested in testing it. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Prince_By-Tor View Post
    Tredigraph you should be able to stream a video from a URL if you use the Stream Media Source.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...eamMediaSource

Maybe that would be a way get around your space limitations?
    Yes, i know the Stream media source workflow, but i need an offline system for fast and reliable solutions.
    I can't stream from url 360° videos without a proper connection (that in some case i might not have) and i have multiple video for each clients factory (so many GB of files).
    Loading video from the phone storage is the only pratical solution i need to use right now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tredigraph you should be able to stream a video from a URL if you use the Stream Media Source.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...eamMediaSource

Maybe that would be a way get around your space limitations?

Leave a comment:

• replied

The new pixel streaming system is a way towards this type of workflow, where the same quality is available no matter what platform you use, provided that a powerful desktop runs the app somewhere
    Nice, i can't wait to test it.
    I'm also interested in how we can read video from storage for a buisness app to show 3D and video in the same vr space.
    Unreal studio have the same limitation for the "movie" folder on mobile app and we can't put more than a video in the 2GB limits.
    I don't know if is a permission reason or player limitation but we didn't find any solution for this problems yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Daniele Barone View Post

I tried but I did not find any material about it.
    But is it a function that has yet to come out?
    It’s in 4.21 preview at the moment. A great deal of docs is underway as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I tried but I did not find any material about it.
    But is it a function that has yet to come out?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Silver3D View Post
    I'd really like a simple multiplayer system or template for android to build buisness meeting app and share virtual reality space.
    The viewer template is not built to be "mobile friendly" and this is unfortunate

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd really like a simple multiplayer system or template for android to build buisness meeting app and share virtual reality space.
    The viewer template is not built to be "mobile friendly" and this is unfortunate

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Those can be done now, provided that you get involved in blueprints.
    Originally posted by Anaximedes View Post
    All of this is possible, (...) Programming puts the limits above on the sky...
    Thank you both for the feedback, I'll dive in the details soon.

Another thing that just popped up in my mind, is to have options for LOD settings immediately at the Unreal Studio CAD import menu:

The CAD import already has import settings for Chord Tolerance, Max Edge Length and Normal Tolerance, but only for single imports as far as I know. It would be great if some of these settings would directly result into different LOD's.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kenpimentel View Post
    That is pretty impressive Santiago!
    Thanks Ken! I really enjoy coding blueprints for improve UE4 / US capabilities for AEC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is pretty impressive Santiago!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by spinaze View Post
    Hello, I would like to use Unreal engine to adjust interior arrangements in VR.

Therefore, I would like to have the functionality to import and export a data-table containing the positions of all objects in a level.
    • On one hand, I would like to automatically insert instances based on coordinates provided a .csv/data-table.
    • On the other hand, I want to make changes in VR and store (export) the deviations.
    • Or alternatively, set all changes back to their initial positions in that datatable.
    • Also, if I add new items within Unreal based on existing instances, I want to export their coordinates.
    Does a functionality like this already exist, or is it yet under development? If not, I might write my own blueprint for this. However, I am pretty new to Unreal.
    All of this is possible, but node programming is needed fortunately. Here a sample we use, exporting transform data for laboratory equipment from Revit with Dynamo and reading into UE4 with blueprints. Loving Data Structures...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5t01bsh6o...t2UE4.mp4?dl=0

Realtime exporting to Excel is possible, there are some good plugins in marketplace for doing it.

Here you can see how we did a RAL Color Scheme menu in VR for design decisions for bridge structures, all with blueprints:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/alx70lvcsv...AL_VR.mp4?dl=0

Programming puts the limits above on the sky...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by spinaze View Post

Therefore, I would like to have the functionality to import and export a data-table containing the positions of all objects in a level.
    • On one hand, I would like to automatically insert instances based on coordinates provided a .csv/data-table.
    • On the other hand, I want to make changes in VR and store (export) the deviations.
    • Or alternatively, set all changes back to their initial positions in that datatable.
    • Also, if I add new items within Unreal based on existing instances, I want to export their coordinates.
    Does a functionality like this already exist, or is it yet under development? If not, I might write my own blueprint for this. However, I am pretty new to Unreal.
    Those can be done now, provided that you get involved in blueprints.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X