Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SetupUEr, a configurable UE4 game launcher plugin with graphics and keyboard settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lumina3D View Post
    Oh, yes, after I added folder with my image logo, in "Additional Asset Directories To Cook", it's appears in cooked game. Thank you.
    No problem.
    Guess I'll have to add a note to that effect in the next version of the documentation if the texture isn't used anywhere else.
    Creator of

and also

Comment

Both the Epic Marketplace and itch.io versions are 5% off for the holidays.
      Last edited by turfster; 01-04-2017, 05:13 PM.
      Creator of

and also

Comment

I really like this plugin and works great for testing my levels on different computers. But, I'm not a C++ programmer. Could you explain how to " pass command line parameter '-setup' ". Can this be done in blueprints? It would be great if you could call this from another menu or a key press.

Comment

Originally posted by Denmengel View Post
          I really like this plugin and works great for testing my levels on different computers. But, I'm not a C++ programmer. Could you explain how to " pass command line parameter '-setup' ". Can this be done in blueprints? It would be great if you could call this from another menu or a key press.
          It has nothing to do with programming, and isn't really something for you to worry about in general usage.
          Imagine people started your game from the command prompt instead of just clicking on it in an explorer window.
          They'd type something like
          yourgame.exe
          to make it run, and it would take you to the game, or show the SetupUEr window, depending on if you turned on showing it on start.
          If they however typed
          yourgame.exe -setup
          , they would definitely get the SetupUEr settings window (in case they turned it off by accident, for example) before the game, no matter what.

Look at it this way: say you get your game on steam.
          Now the normal "Play Game..." menu option would just run
          yourgame.exe
          However, say you wanted to add another menu option called "Setup..." like some other games have. You would make that call
          yourgame.exe -setup
          instead.
          Or if you didn't, and people wanted to see the SetupUEr window at the start, they could go to the library properties for your game, click "set launch options..." and just type
          -setup
          there and they'd get the same effect.
          Makes sense?
          Creator of

and also

Comment

Got it.
            Is there a way to completely disable it for games I use my own settings menu?

Never mind I figured it out.
            Last edited by Denmengel; 01-26-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

In case there's anyone else that wants to disable any plugin, go to Edit/Plugins, go to the plugin you want to disable and uncheck "enabled"
              Creator of

and also

Comment

Preview of a new user-requested feature that'll appear in the next public build (which should happen whenever 4.15.0 drops)
                Click image for larger version

Name:	C3a5UcaXUAAwTFU.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1122272
                Creator of

and also

Comment

An updated build for 4.13.0-4.15.0 has been sent to Epic for the marketplace that includes the multi monitor support functionality, and is already available for itch buyers.
                  Creator of

and also

Comment

4.15 Epic Marketplace update is now live, as are the 4.13 and 4.14 builds that include multi-monitor support.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	C3a5UcaXUAAwTFU.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1122272
                    Creator of

and also

Comment

Hi,
                      has the source been released and can I access it if I purchase the Marketplace version?
                      I want to use this to add an EULA, basically just a textbox and a OK button, and remove all the other sections. That should be possible?
                      Best,
                      Ben
                      Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
                      Hands for VR - Space HDRI Skyboxes [Marketplace]

Comment

Yes, all marketplace code plugins are required to come with (pretty much) full source code, and that should be more than doable (replace the box that shows the different functionality plugin widgets with your EULA text box and comment out the command line input box, make it so the launch button is only active when the checkbox is checked and you're pretty much done apart from some housekeeping)
                        Last edited by turfster; 03-30-2017, 10:42 AM.
                        Creator of

and also

Comment

Cool, thanks! Bought
                          Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
                          Hands for VR - Space HDRI Skyboxes [Marketplace]

Comment

Hi turfster, i have a question regarding having my own in-game settings menu and I wonder how to pair and connect with SetupUEr, I have gone through the documentation though i think i need abit of extra pointers here, also do you load the configuration on level BP or elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Zharcus View Post
                              Hi turfster, i have a question regarding having my own in-game settings menu and I wonder how to pair and connect with SetupUEr, I have gone through the documentation though i think i need abit of extra pointers here, also do you load the configuration on level BP or elsewhere?
                              Sorry I missed this, for some reason the forum didn't alert me to this. You've probably already figured it out by now, but here's a quick runthrough:
                              Ideally, you run the "Load SetupUEr configuration" blueprint node when you go to your in-game settings menu and store that in a setupUErInformation variable, which you can then read to display (or whatever you want to do).
                              When you're applying settings in your in-game menu, set the relevant members of that setupUErInformation variable to their new values and call "Save SetupUEr configuration" with it
                              Creator of

and also

Comment

Working...
                              X