No announcement yet.

Horse Riding and Taming Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello, please update your package. i did not noticed it will only work as 4.17 and i am on 4.17.2.

Comment

How hard is it to set this up with out reparenting my character? My character is already parented to a combat bp so how could I go about implementing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Old-Crow View Post
        Frostic, you need to use the logic in the horsemen char itself so you will want to parent the horsemen character (bp) to whichever character of yours shows armor or clothes while wearing them, then re-target his skeleton to your character's skeleton with the bones you want, set his mesh to your skeletal mesh after retarget, then you can delete his skelletal mesh and physical mesh, and redirect references to the ones on your character. Parenting will make your armor slots show up on him.

Let me know if you need more help and we can use discord or something.
        Hey Old Crow so I'm not quite sure what you mean past the reparenting part. I have the horseman character parented to my custom character. I am able to mount the horse and ride but its just the base level skeleton and all my armor is gone from the character. So where I am confused is the portion where you re-target his skeleton to my characters skeleton with the bones I want? An so forth after I am confused

Comment

Originally posted by chackaloso View Post
          So where I am confused is the portion where you re-target his skeleton to my characters skeleton with the bones I want?
          Hello. It meant re-targeting mounting/whistle animations and AnimBP, by right clicking on Content\ThirdPersonBP\Character\MeshUE4_Mannequin_Skeleton and choosing Retarget to Another Skeleton.

Originally posted by chackaloso View Post
          How hard is it to set this up with out reparenting my character? My character is already parented to a combat bp so how could I go about implementing this?
          You can create chains of parents:
          • Your character parented to Horseman, while Horseman parented to Combat BP;
          • Your character parented to Combat BP, while Combat BP parented to Horseman.

I guess, your AnimBP has some logic for Combat, then you probably can also use chain re-parenting to include AnimBP_Horseman.
          Or just copy/paste logic from AnimBP_Horseman/AnimGraph into your AnimBP, it's just a few nodes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (Horse_AnimBP).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	1397868

Comment

Awesome thank you for the reply I managed to get to the point you mentioned above today and I have a screenshot below of where I am currently stuck.

So basically with trying to set them both up together I am running into the issue where only one works with out the other... or only the left hand will move in the animation and my characters body will stay positioned off to the left side of the horse as I ride it.

The Combat Anim event graph has a lot of nodes to it so Im thinking it is causing complications with the movement portion. I can reparent the Horseman BP to the Combat BP an I can see the mounting animations etc, but the combat movement animations don't play an my guys all outa whack so its gotta be related to the movement? I've got roll ability, unsheath, resheath weapon functions idk what the hell the problem is but as I said my guess is movement some where.
            Anyway heres a picture of the CombatAnim Event Graph:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by chackaloso; 12-11-2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

That is not how Anim BP works Remove all horseman related nodes and restore Combat Anim to prior your changes. In "Content\HorseRidingTamingKit\Horseman" for all Animation Montages, change DefaultSlot to FullBody.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Slot.png
Views:	1
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1399008
              It will be without Whistle though. Using support email will be faster: genmindo@gmail.com

Comment

is anyone able to help me get the controller issue fixed? im using the action rpg inventory system as well and cant seem to figure out which logic i need to use from my custom cuntroller in the kit. i can mount the horse but cant get it to move

Comment

Working...
                X