Volumetric, generative and interactive
    Space Cloud and Starfield System
    News
    Major 2020 Update
    - Major overhaul of the plugin with many bugfixes and updates
    Major 2019 Update
    - Massive Usability and Workflow Improvements
    - Added new Creation Algorithms

- Added VDB support (in particular from SideFX Houdini)
    Unreal Engine 4 Marketplace

V2 Marketplace
    V1 Marketplace

TechDemos
    New V1+V2 Tech Demo - Download (Win64, 112 Mb)
    (For some reason Unreal Engine requests firewall access.
    You can safely ignore this request.)

- Old Demos -
    V2 Download(Win64)
    V1 Download(Win64)
    [Controls for old demos]

Spoiler

Space Nebula and Starfield V1 and V2

Spoiler

✧✧✧
    V2
    ✧✧✧

Spoiler

✧✧✧ V1 ✧✧✧

Spoiler

SCIENCE

First Mapping of Interstellar Clouds in Three Dimensions - NASA Astrobiology

Scientists just 3D imaged the birthplace of stars using sound - Science

New 3D map will help solve long-standing cosmic mysteries - Australian National University

Magnetic Field of the Musca molecular cloud (G301.70-7.16) located ~150 to 200 pc from Earth
    -

The image shows parts of the ~1TB ESA GAIA
    Satellite Star Atlas of the milky way.
    3D Visualization of the Gaia Star Atlas Data
    Sets.
    Fuchs (2019). Publication and Process (PDF)

Acknowledgements:
    Ryan Brucks (Principal Technical Artist at Epic Games) - for his works on
    volumetrics and textures. http://shaderbits.com

IQ (Pixar and co-founder of ShaderToy) for his revolutionary work and tutorials.
    http://www.iquilezles.org

Aris Tritsis (Astrophysics Research - Australian National University) for his work on
    the mapping of Space Nebulae. Link

Prof. Dr. Christof Rezk-Salama (Graphics and Visualization Department,
    Hochschule Trier). Link
    - Communication -

contact@thauros-development.com
    Last edited by LeeFX; 06-05-2020, 11:45 AM.

This is amaaaaaazing! How much is this going to cost?

Comment

Thank you!

If someone doesn't have a lot of money but wants to do something awesome with our plugin,
      he/she should feel free to get in contact with us so we can figure something out
      Last edited by LeeFX; 11-23-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Ooooh. I need this!
        Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

Want! Any plans to release project assets?

Comment

I hope you'll put this up for sale soon. I would love to use this!

Comment

ETA 7 Days
              [CENTER][IMG2=JSON]{

Comment

[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]…

{Welcome Message}
                Today (((the ESA Mars Probe did it,)))
                the crew of the ISS did it,
                and we did it!

Hello and welcome to the Space Corporation (formerly known as Interstellar Journey InCorp., IJI), your new spaceline-journey carrier!

Get an impression of our custom flight offers in the teaser. For longer flights, please lean back, get in a comfortable position and select your desired mood with the available musical soundtrack choices.

Thank you very much and enjoy your flight!

Your Space Corporation - Your Journey

…[END OF TRANSMISSION]
                Last edited by LeeFX; 12-29-2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Good luck but Edit needed on Mars probe reference.. (Pity)

Comment

I posted this on your marketplace comments section. Any chance this would work on 4.12? It looks great and I would love to buy it if it does.

Comment

itsalwayssummer we provide a 4.12 version now
                      currently testing the Nebula and Starfield for mobile as well
                      Last edited by LeeFX; 11-23-2017, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Ahhhhhh, thanks. I'm going to buy it now!
                        Last edited by infinite.galaxie; 10-21-2016, 03:07 PM.

Comment

thank you <3
                          Last edited by LeeFX; 10-22-2016, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Hey there; I'm interested in this but I'm having framerate issues with the executable demo. I also noticed there's a fair amount of framerate hitching in the video too. Is this a particularly graphically demanding effect?
                            Twitter: @zerofiftyone_
                            Website: zerofiftyone.net - My game development blog
                            Button Frenzy store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/454630

Comment

// (focuses on early v1 related properties)

Hey there; I'm interested in this but I'm having framerate issues with the executable demo. I also noticed there's a fair amount of framerate hitching in the video too. Is this a particularly graphically demanding effect?
                              Hello zerofiftyone, yes you are right,

3D noise generation and opacity/transparency calculation in real-time is a very demanding render task. The Nebula is nearly just GPU-/per-pixel-processing so every opaque object covering the Nebula (like a cockpit) will save these instructions. Additionally the starfield particle system influences the overall performance, especially the particle count parameter. But we tried to balance performance and appearance to allow a large amount of scalability on demand.

LOD and Noise Characteristics
                              By default you can choose between 3 different quality settings (switch these in the demo with key '1', '2' and '3' in real-time), plus we have a variety of noise functions that all perform differently, based on the algorithm and implementation (different noises also look more or less differently). We recommend using the custom iq-value-noise or one of unreal engines noise functions for your personal preferred look and performance-profile.

Experimental Features
                              Advanced processing settings (additional light source, advanced color variation, ...) are influencing the overall performance as well. In your final stage of the game you want to strip down all unused aspects of the package, like UI or Experimental Features (that are also running in the background within the demo). The demo currently offers very limited settings, for instance you cannot change the underlying noise function, which is critical and we might provide a more customizable demo in the future.

Render-to-texture
                              Additionally, if you don't need a fully moving nebula, for f.i. a background, you can use the render-to-texture feature to create a cubemap, this way you get unlimited performance on the fly, f. i. if you arrive at a location within the universe.

Computational Limits
                              Experiences from the community already reported that quite beautiful and smooth space levels had been created for VR, but on the other side you could push any hardware to its limits by settings certain parameters out of bounds. We tried to balance the complex system by setting preset ranges and behavior to each of the parameters and UI sliders, while ordering and commenting all the functions and parameters extensively. As I said, the plugin basically contains one complex shader nebula material and one single starfield particle system (with quite impressive particle counts), and we we're surprised how smooth it was running even on old hardware - not to mention that Unreal Engine is doing a lot of performance tweaks under the hood, which will even improve better in the near future, especially in the context of VR and upcoming features, like automatic LOD generation or noise improvements.

Regarding the feature video - this is really not very smooth - which is caused to a large part by my hardware that was really struggling with HD-screencapture, while running the game from within the UE editor

Hope I could help

//depreciated (focuses on v1 related properties)
                              Last edited by LeeFX; 02-27-2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X