Look Alive Plugin: Special Eyes for your Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	construct.jpg Views:	1 Size:	198.2 KB ID:	1521071
    Click image for larger version  Name:	func.jpg Views:	1 Size:	383.1 KB ID:	1521072
    This is my setup. In 4.19 this made the eyes slightly "dart" around because the focus was slightly changing position every 0.5-2 seconds. Making eye movement very realistic. Now the behavior is different. The character seems to still focus, but the movement has changed in 4.20, ignoring the subtle changes, making it less realistic.

The relative locations will probably make little sense, this is because my rig is upscaled by 100.
    Last edited by Blue669; 08-28-2018, 05:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Blue669 View Post
    Hello!
    The 4.20 version doesn't work with the Focus anymore.

I have a focus attached to my character and before 4.20 the character was looking at that focus and I was able to make very realistic eye movements with it (subtle darting). Since 4.20 the character completely ignores the focus and just stares dead ahead.

Please tell me how to fix this. Thanks!
    Sorry about that. I'll try to replicate that on my end and get back to you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello!
    The 4.20 version doesn't work with the Focus anymore.

I have a focus attached to my character and before 4.20 the character was looking at that focus and I was able to make very realistic eye movements with it (subtle darting). Since 4.20 the character completely ignores the focus and just stares dead ahead.

Please tell me how to fix this. Thanks!
    Last edited by Blue669; 08-19-2018, 06:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Submitting version 4.0 for 4.16 and 4.17 today.
    Here are some screenshots using Look Alive in the Photorealistic Character project. I've added 9 more realistic iris textures, 3 stylized iris textures, and added support for asymmetric settings.

Doing my best to give you guys good value,
    BlackFang

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi [MENTION=1500]BlackRang666[/MENTION]

This is going to be very cool !!!!.

In addition to moving the eyes and moving neck bone and head to look at to target. Why not to think also in one way to make the eye dynamically blink using a animated skin texture inside the eyes material. This would greatly help by eliminating the work of creating morph targets for the eyelids.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post

Would be cool the feature to character to turn its head to look at any player or character within a configurable component radius.

I think Look At Skeletal Control Node in animation blueprint can be used to achieve it.
    That should be easily doable by getting the focus location from the component. I'll submit an update that exposes the focus location to blueprints.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Would be cool the feature to character to turn its head to look at any player or character within a configurable component radius.

I think Look At Skeletal Control Node in animation blueprint can be used to achieve it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post
    Gah, that's unfortunate.

I trust you'll get it sorted out though.
    Got an email from Epic saying the update is live.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Gah, that's unfortunate.

I trust you'll get it sorted out though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And wait you shall! Epic shot me an email saying there was a problem with XCode preventing them from making the plugin binaries on their end. I looked up XCode and it seems to some type of Apple thingy. I haven't marked the plugin for compatibility with Mac because I don't own any Apple stuff to test on. Idk. We'll have to wait through the weekend for them to get back to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WOW, that's what I've been waiting for

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A lot of people have asked me to use the shading model from the epic character rendering demo. Today, I am pleased to anounce that I am submitting version 3.0 of the plugin as I write this.

New eye model, new eye material, new hand-painted textures. I've done away with using instances to change eye color and incorporated appearance controls into the Look Alive Component. Keep checking your launcher for an update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for that. The last time I tried it was about a week or two ago and it was still 4.13 at that point. Thats perfect now. I'll update it when I get home from work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ Tír na nÓg Games I'm sorry. I submitted the 4.14 update some time ago and I can confirm that it is available through the marketplace. Are you saying that it will not install to the 4.14 version of the engine?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tír na nÓg Games View Post
    Hey BlackRang666 just bumping because I'm still looking for an answer to see will this be updated to 4.14. I'll send you a PM also in case you're not getting notifications for these posts.
    Did he get back to you with a PM? I'm looking to find this out also but I wouldn't even bother asking him after the last way he spoke to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X