Affordable Landscapes 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
    I'm getting ~80 fps with all tiles loaded at once (64 tiles). If people use tile streaming so the lods will show at far and it switch to actual tile as you approach it it'd be locked at 120 FPS.
    Awesome. Thanks. Will buy it.

Comment

[MENTION=347684]Monsterlutz[/MENTION], Thanks man.

Updated lighting and the look of the second landscape.

Comment

Alright, looks like this is going to be phenomenal.

What is the estimated price, and when may I purchase it?

Comment

We're aiming to launch the package for $139.99 and will keep adding landscapes to the pack as we have done for Infinite Affordable Landscapes 1. As we add more landscapes, the price for the pack will rise.
          Our Ghosts of War - The World's First World War 2 Survival Game
          Twitter: @ourghostsofwar

Comment

This is wonderful! For us that bought the pack in the first place, will we still get the updates for free?
            System
            ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
            Artwork thread

Comment

Originally posted by Frequia View Post
              This is wonderful! For us that bought the pack in the first place, will we still get the updates for free?
              The first pack will continue to be updated separately from this.
              Our Ghosts of War - The World's First World War 2 Survival Game
              Twitter: @ourghostsofwar

Comment

Originally posted by PixelPerfectPolygons View Post
                The first pack will continue to be updated separately from this.
                I think he means will people who buy the AL2 pack in the beginning get the updates for free.

Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

[MENTION=14190]LeamDelaney[/MENTION], Should be finished up soon. Thanks!
                  [MENTION=10681]Frequia[/MENTION], Affordable Landscapes 2 isn't an update for AL1. It's a completely new package.
                  [MENTION=544]SE_JonF[/MENTION], Definitely anybody who owns a package should have access to the updates for free.

I need to clarify about free updates here. We're not promising free monthly landscapes for AL2 at the moment. We had quite some refunds on AL1 mainly because we made a promise to deliver a free update every month and then due to the long process of publishing an update and sometimes getting swamped at work we couldn't give them out to the customers hands on time, usually like a 2 weeks delay. And to be honest, some people really abused this situation. For AL2 we'd like to state that free updates would be more on the "You'll get it when it's done" basis as creating a landscape for AL2 is 4-6 times more work than in AL1 and on top of that we're currently swamped with work on Ghosts of War, 2 Freelance projects, AL1 updates and maintaining our other 5 packages as well.

If anything remains unclear feel free to ask.
                  Thanks.
                  Last edited by Maximum-Dev; 09-18-2016, 05:41 AM.

Comment

how are you making these landscapes? what program are you using to make these amazing landcsapes?

Comment

[MENTION=10681]Frequia[/MENTION], Affordable Landscapes 2 isn't an update for AL1. It's a completely new package.

Got it. But Im glad the new landscapes made it into AL1. Loving the Trion level
                      System
                      ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
                      Artwork thread

Comment

Hey guys
                        [MENTION=111052]CodyKnight[/MENTION], Used to use WM2 for AL1 landscapes all the way but for AL2 we're using a different approach where WM2 is just a part of it. I can't share more in depth details of the workflow atm.
                        [MENTION=10681]Frequia[/MENTION], Nice to hear you liked it!

The news is we see much more potential in AL2 than just landscapes so we've decided to make it more like "Level Construction Kits" where with each landscape you have a bunch of assets that you can use to do level design and develop areas that suit your gameplay.

Keep your eyes on!

Comment

with each landscape you have a bunch of assets that you can use to do level design
                          I think that's a great step forward!
                          If you designed the landscapes with more obviously leveled/flattened areas (terraced, in some places?) that'd help a lot too.

Comment

Looks awesome! Great progress
                            Free tutorials here!

See my work here to grab free resources for game dev

Comment

[MENTION=2525]jwatte[/MENTION], Sure. The lava landscape has a lot of flat areas beside the mountains as well. Obviously, because 64 Square Kilometers is very vast we can afford to have best of both worlds.
                              [MENTION=700]Mauriccio[/MENTION], Thanks buddy!

I think we haven't mentioned this before but AL2 will get released with all paintable (new word?) layers.

Comment

The news is we see much more potential in AL2 than just landscapes so we've decided to make it more like "Level Construction Kits" where with each landscape you have a bunch of assets that you can use to do level design and develop areas that suit your gameplay.
                                Santa got my Christmas list already?

Comment

Working...
                                X