No announcement yet.

Instance Tool - Editing instances directly in editor viewport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instance Tool 1.2.4 for 4.18 update is now live on itch.io. Marketplace version submitted.
    | twitter | github | #ue4tip

Comment

Thanks Nate - The Marketplace version has shown up, but when I click install "Slot to add plugin to: 4.18" it does nothing. I think it may be launcher bug. I tried re-launching the launcher.

Can you test and see if yours works?

https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

OptimisticMonkey , yes, the 4.18 version shown up but currently can't be downloaded, it seems the actual file not been staged in the server correctly. I have sent mail to marketplace support, will post update when I got reply. Thanks for bring it to my attention!

Comment

I cant get the Mesh Tool plugin to install into 4.18, I click on the install to engine button and click on 4.18 but nothing happens

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
            I cant get the Mesh Tool plugin to install into 4.18, I click on the install to engine button and click on 4.18 but nothing happens
            same here and same problem with all plugins... it seems that launcher can't simply install plugin in 4.18 folder...

Comment

Sorry folks, I tried to update all my plugins to 4.18 the same day 4.18 released, but so far only 2 of them (Prefab Tool and Instance Tool) been updated successfully. Both Pivot Tool and Mesh Tool have their status been updated to 4.18 but can't be downloaded from launcher yet.

I've been contacting Unreal Marketplace support and trying to re-update the plugins at the same time. I wish those issues could be addressed soon and sorry again for the downloading problems. I'll update the status here when I got reply from marketplace support.

Comment

Instace Tool 1.2.5 update is now live on both Unreal Marketplace and itch.io.

Code:
                ------------------
                * Add option to frame viewport to indicate actor or instance selection
                * Fix potential editor crash when convert/add instances in 4.17.2
                There's a 4.17.2 specific bug fix for potential editor crash when converting/adding instances. The cause of the bug is that in 4.17.2 render data of instances static mesh component might not be initialized properly (it's fixed in 4.18).

You might also noticed that in this update, there's a red/green frame over viewport to indicate whether you've selected an actor or an instance.

Actor selected.

Instance selected

The option can be turn on or off in Options panel. Also the frame color can be customized there.

Comment

Loving the tool but I am having difficulties getting my LODs to work. Does anyone have a few simple steps or know a tutorial for HISM and LODs? So far I've found scale needs to remain at 1 (in level and in blueprint) and the material needs the "Dither LOD Transition" checked.

My draw calls are way down but my triangles are now 4x because LODs are not working.

Comment

Hi, I'm setting up discord server for all my tools:

https://discord.gg/dT3QWx9

Please feel free to post discussion / feature request / bug report in either place.

( I'm travelling from 14.Nov 2017 to 1 Dec.2017, and will be more active on discord when I'm back.)

Comment

Could you explain how to use it with a spline?

Comment

Originally posted by DonFrag View Post
                        Could you explain how to use it with a spline?
                        Hi DonFrag, the workflow of using spline to spawn instances would be:

1. Convert the mesh you want to instancing on spline to HISM or ISM

2. Select an actor with spline component

3. Click "Spawn Instances" button to spawn instances on selected spline points.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post

Hi DonFrag, the workflow of using spline to spawn instances would be:

1. Convert the mesh you want to instancing on spline to HISM or ISM

2. Select an actor with spline component

3. Click "Spawn Instances" button to spawn instances on selected spline points.
                          thank you!
                          any chances of have something llike splinne mesh component. i know that you cannot bend ISM, but i believed that spline would locate every mesh side by side by extending the spline

Comment

Good morning,

Any prevision of when you have planned to update to the latest released engine 4.19?

Thank you in advance.
                            Wishlist DreamBack VR on Steam
                            www.comeovergaming.com

Comment

ComeOverG

Instance Tool 4.19 update is now live on itch.io. I've submitted 4.19 update to marketplace, hopefully it will go live soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                                ComeOverG

Instance Tool 4.19 update is now live on itch.io. I've submitted 4.19 update to marketplace, hopefully it will go live soon.
                                Thank you!
                                Wishlist DreamBack VR on Steam
                                www.comeovergaming.com

Comment

Working...
                                X