Spell and Damage System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charliepilotti View Post
    I am having difficulty adding an animation to the spell casts. Where would you apply this? I've tried adding simple play montage nodes in the player bp before a spell cast, but that doesn't work. Also, I am trying to make a 'Mario'' jump on enemy damage spell. I see you've given others advice on game specific stuff, so I was seeing how you would handle that? Thanks!
    I am sorry but you will have to be a bit more specific. One issue might be that the callbacks for spell casting are only trigerred on the server, and you are not getting them on clients. But basically you can broadcast this events (just create a new function, set replication to broadcast, and call it from the events you want).
    Žiga Osolin
    Available on Marketplace: Spell and Damage System

Comment

I would like to create a spell where the spell caster needs to continue to channel the spell. Is this possible? Or could you describe how you would implement this kind of spell. Thanks.

Comment

Thinks of XCOM where a creature takes control of another creature and boots their health while channeling. If the castor dies during channeling, other creature takes damage and loses buff.

Comment

LogInit: Display: LogLinker: Warning: Asset '../../../../../Projects/Current/Content/SpellAndDamageSystem/Examples/Spells/BP_Grenade.uasset' has been saved with empty engine version. The asset will be loaded but may be incompatible.
          LogInit: Display: LogLinker: Warning: Asset '../../../../../Projects/Current/Content/SpellAndDamageSystem/Templates/BP_Projectile_Gravity.uasset' has been saved with empty engine version. The asset will be loaded but may be incompatible.
          LogInit: Display: LogLinker: Warning: Asset '../../../../../Projects/Current/Content/SpellAndDamageSystem/Templates/BP_DirectSpell.uasset' has been saved with empty engine version. The asset will be loaded but may be incompatible.

What's going on here? I can't export my game because of your system. How do I fix this?

Comment

These are warnings. You can disable them by pasting

[Core.System]
            ZeroEngineVersionWarning=False

into DefaultEngine.ini. Unreal projects (apparently) also have this version disables. As far as I know, they appear because I use build of engine from source. I didn't have any problems because of them up till now in my projects.
            Žiga Osolin
            Available on Marketplace: Spell and Damage System

Comment

Working...
            X