No announcement yet.

Universal AI Behavior Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

daveSchoneveld thanks for the suggestion! That makes a lot of sense to me. Will try to include it asap.

LewieChewie20 do you have covers/obstacles that could block vision? The AI prioritizes LoS over the distance you've set but they should still maintain a considerable distance away from the target. Can you maybe record a video showing the issue?

Matthew.Douglas Yes the navmesh is still needed for some of the behavior states using EQS. Unreal will not generate the EQS actors without the navmesh.

ykhangkeong You will need to go to Project Settings -> Crowd Manager -> and increase the Max Agents value.

AIBT DISCORD SERVER
    As promised, I made a Discord server for the AI Behavior Toolkit. Feel free to join and discuss anything AI. I'll try to answer as many questions as I can.
    Join Here - https://discord.gg/VeVfTcm
    Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

Is there an easy way to issue commands such as Move to, Follow, Fire at will & Hold fire? The AI moveto node isn't working for me at the moment as they cancel it immediately after they start towards the spot.

Comment

Hi there,

Did the follow behavior break for anyone else in the latest update? I checked the RPG example without any modifications and the friendly AI no longer follow you there either. I will try and investigate more.

Comment

Originally posted by Witdarkstar View Post
          Hi there,

Did the follow behavior break for anyone else in the latest update? I checked the RPG example without any modifications and the friendly AI no longer follow you there either. I will try and investigate more.
          Just tested it with new project and it works. They do take a while to get startted with the following. Run away in the RPG demo and keep going and they'll follow.
          www.youtube.com/user/destruct007

Comment

Sorry if this seems like a redundant question, but a quick search and i couldn't find this issue, i'm pretty sure it's something i'm doing wrong on my end.

First off wanna say thanks for the flexibility on this component.. Combining it with my utility ai mechanics works really well..

Though an issue is when i use the provided bp_player, ai's react to just as expected.. only thing it has i believe is the player tag added, and behavior trigger component..

I added both of these to our own player class, and matched up the collisions/visiblity etc.. to be about the same, however ai's/npc's don't seem to react to the player, just each other and the provided player bp..

Anything I could have missed when setting up the player bp to be reactive towards the ai?

Thanks again for any info

Edit:
            Self solved,
            Every actor that is going to be interacted with by an ai, needs to be added to an "ai masterlist" on begin play.. Seem's I missed this..

Is this needed for anything in particular, besides confirming if an actor is to be interacted with or not?
            Last edited by thelazylion; 10-04-2020, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Hey there,

Any chance you can add the most recent update to Gumroad? I'd love to use the ladder system.

Thank you!

Comment

thelazylion You can also add the AIStorage Component for auto registration of the Pawn or Character. This is mostly done for Multiplayer games.

infinite.galaxie Gumroad users should have access to the Unreal Marketplace version now. I submitted the emails of the Gumroad users to Epic. If you don't have access still, just let me know your email for the Gumroad account and the email for your Epic account so I can verify.

Comment

Jujaswe Hi, how to make a Flying AI to always return to certain location for an inspection?:

My flying AI, starts Idle, changing locations, wich is fine... but 5 minutes later they are super away from the original location or way too high up in the air, when the actual player walks above, the AI never finds him, because the AI is so high or so far, instead I would like the AI, to return to his initial location once every 60 seconds, but using BP, I don't want to change the BT.

I already tried using "AI MoveTo" node to set a custom location to move to, as pawn, using "self" and as destination a custom location, but it always fails... also tried seting them in-game to Idle type stationary but all they do is stop moving, never return.

Please help.
                  Last edited by DraxFX; 10-15-2020, 04:50 AM.

Comment

DraxFX You could try using Patrol state instead and assign a Patrol Route to it. If not, then you can also try setting the IdleType to RandomLocation and then after a few seconds, set it to Stationary. This will make the AI go back to the starting point. When it gets back, set the IdleType to RandomLocation again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jujaswe View Post
                      DraxFX You could try using Patrol state instead and assign a Patrol Route to it. If not, then you can also try setting the IdleType to RandomLocation and then after a few seconds, set it to Stationary. This will make the AI go back to the starting point. When it gets back, set the IdleType to RandomLocation again.
                      That´s what i tried, It starts with Idle in random location and every 60 seconds I change the Idle type to stationary, but, what it does, it just stops in the air without doing anytime, it never returns, just stops

Comment

Working...
                      X