Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoccoFX View Post
    Hi Jujaswe, question:

How to make a more fluid movement for Flying characters?

Example UFOS, move from point to point, but, i want them to be more fluid and natural, not a linear navigation but a curved movement, but how?
    Do you have any reference videos for that? Maybe from an existing game like Witcher or anything? That would help in visualizing what exactly the AI movement should look like.
    Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

Jujaswe flying AI should surround target while attacking, keep moving, rotating around; right now, AI, stops at certain distance, and if target is not moving, AI stay in place while attacking, it does changes location while attacking, but every X seconds, sometimes even 30 seconds...If i found a video, i´ll share.

Thanks
      Last edited by RoccoFX; 05-13-2020, 05:12 AM.

Comment

RoccoFX I couldn't find any videos that showed what you described, but I believe I was able to produce the results you want. First off, you need the BP_NPC_FlyingAggro to test this. Open the BT_FlyingAI and remove this node shown here - https://imgur.com/E6gdiw5

This should make the AI move continuously. If you find that it still stops once in a while, you can edit BTT_RandomFlyLocation. This blueprint is responsible for the finding of line of sight between the target and the attacker. You'll need to edit the parts highlighted here - https://imgur.com/uVKpBvp
        The Query template is optional as it requires intermediate knowledge of EQS. But if you're already familiar with them, feel free to edit it.

I hope this helps.

Comment

The AI Behavior Toolkit has been updated for 4.25.
          - Fixed a crash in 4.25 related to an engine bug that causes a crash on End Play. Epic is aware of the engine bug and should be fixed in either 4.26 or the next minor patch for the current version.

What's Next for AIBT?
          I released my game last March so I finally have time to work on the toolkit some more. These are the features that will be coming in the next few weeks.
          - Attack Melee improvements. More options and customization for the melee behavior. The default examples will also be improved to be similar to popular RPGs like Witcher 3 and Assassins Creed.
          - Improved Parkour mechanics and a new ladder system where AIs will be able to climb ladders.
          - AI aim offsets when targeting with Attack Ranged behavior.
          - More tutorials showing how to create specific AI interactions for different kinds of games.
          - Documentation updates and improvements.
          - General bug fixes.

Cheers!

Comment

Jujaswe It's good to have you back in the forum and working on updates. Your AI asset is still one of the best but there are some new strong competitors such as SmartAI, AI Patrol & Action System, and ABK.

BUGS:
            1. Using the Player Activation and adding a second tag in the Player Tags array, doesn't work. Let's say I have two Player tags, Player and Friend. Only characters with the Player tag triggers the spawn and the Friend tag doesn't. Unless I place the Friend tag at index 0 then friend tag works but not the later tags.

TROUBLESHOOT:
            1. Using the Player Activation and the workspace feature, when the player spawns for the first time, the workspace feature works pretty well. But let's say I destroy actor when the player is not around and spawns again when the player within the area then the workspace doesn't work for some reason. This is how I'm spawning and destroying the actors when in/out of bound:

Click image for larger version  Name:	d1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	178.3 KB ID:	1766271Click image for larger version  Name:	d2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	237.0 KB ID:	1766272
            TUTORIAL REQUESTS:
            1 - AI jumps or ducks to go through obstacles. For example, if I have a small fence that the player can jump over so the AI should be able to jump over as well.
            2. AI capable of range attack while riding a car or horse. I know it's possible with the current system but a demo or tutorial would be helpful. I created a AI horse then just placed a human character on top of it. It works but it can't attack me since the horse is the brain AI.
            3. More on the parkour system.

FEATURE REQUESTS:
            1. Melee AI especially Animal AI, should be able to attack while in-motion without fully stopping.
            2. AI can handle different guns such as rifle, shotgun, bow & arrow. Maybe the usage of line trace instead of a projectile would be ideal.
            3. AI capable of range attack while riding a car or horse, if not possible with the current system.
            4. A checkbox to destroy the actors when outside the boundary and a checkbox to add delay so that all the actors don't get destroyed all at once.
            5. A checkbox to add delay during spawning so that it consumes less processing power.
            6. Flock system so that zombies chase in groups as seen in the WWZ game
            7. AI capable of terraforming landscape if the terrain allows.and if the checkbox enabled. Just like 7daysToDie
            Last edited by Zeon0101; 05-29-2020, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Can you unlock the Marketplace toolkit for the gumroad purchasers? Thanks

Comment

Congrats on the release of your game

Looking forward to the next update. If possible could you document where the changes are? I'll need to manually bring them in as I've made changes to the behavior component, behavior tree and some of the tasks.

Great support as always!

The crash fix should be in the next minor update for 4.25.

Comment

Greetings. I'm looking for an AI behavior system like this for my open-world car combat rpg. I'm using the Vehicle AI Plugin found here: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...icle-ai-plugin It uses a customized version of the PathFollowingComponent, so it works with UE4's existing framework of behavior trees and navmesh based path following. I'm wondering if this would work with the vehicle ai plugin (since it uses UE4's standard behavior trees), so I could easily setup follow, idle, attack and other various actions. This is a vehicle only game where essentially, the vehicles are the characters for the most part. I understand I'd have to adapt it to vehicle use, but I thought it would at least give me something to start with instead of starting from scratch. This looks pretty robust and a great foundation to build upon. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
                    Can you unlock the Marketplace toolkit for the gumroad purchasers? Thanks
                    I agree with this!

Comment

Hi Jujaswe

Thanks for the advise, Question: How to create a new behavior and make it appear in the BehaviorComponent?

I want to duplicate Idle behavior and all its config values, set a new name, and make it appear inside the BT component as a new behavior, But.. i cant make it happen, i tried to do this, following video tutorial "Interrupt and Resume" but it never appears in the component, and basically its the same idle since a new bahavior config was never created in that tutorial; I already tried to use other behaviors but they do not have all Idle settings wich i like, the closest to me is "investigate" but i already use it for another thing.

I created a turret type of AI, wich finds you from very very far, if you are not in range, it starts idle to random locations, but since idle location distances are hudge, it starts walking forever in some direction, i canot interrupt this unless I change to another BTK state, wich i dont want, and there is a bit more functionality i need, and some issues, that´s why i want to emulate idle and create a new behaviour; also i cant "on begin idle" make a delay node and set idle again as new behavior... it keeps the old target, also if there is an invisible wall between AI and target it never changes targets and AI starts making circles around the wall, forever.... it never fails as BP "move to" node does. i already increased "acceptable radius" and "avoidance" in BT, but since the random distance is so hudge, it will never work, just smaller regular AI actors wich work perfect with BTK; but, even if there is a workaround, i think learning to add new behaviors will be great, and a video tutorial will be awesome.

Please help
                      Last edited by RoccoFX; 05-27-2020, 05:45 AM.

Comment

HI there! my task is to make an AI with the ability to change its state from flying to walking and viceversa but I'am unable to do it probably because I can't figure out what condition(s) I need to use to make it able to choose one of these state and where/how put the condition(s) in the BT; can some one try to put me in the right way?

Comment

Wb Drix!

Have a question for you, or maybe someone here knows, I'd like to change the chance of animations, sounds, reload animations etc. But I cant find out where they are located in bp? Anyone have any ideas?? Would mucho-appreciat-o any help!

https://gyazo.com/789963e44a7aabc546bce044eff947dc

Cheers!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jujaswe ,

I have posted it before but maybe you just did not see it, so i will try my luck again.

I have a problem that when I have companions that follow me and they somehow cannot get to a point where I am they will go back to their initial spawning location.
                            They will then use the run animation but they are stuck there and won't move from this point.
                            It does not matter then if I am close or far away from them as they will not move anymore and are stuck with their run animation.

Comment

Zeon0101 Thank you for the reports and suggestions! I'm actually planning on doing a series of videos where I'll cover some "How To" stuff about the toolkit. I get a lot of questions about the Attack Melee state similar to yours. Most of the time, the solution is actually to use animations that have root motion (E.g. a wolf lunge attack with root motion) so the AI "keeps" the momentum while attacking. The ranged attack while riding something is quite interesting. I'll add it to my list of future videos.

Cmcginn Thunderstruck I'll see if I can do anything about the Gumroad to Marketplace support. I tried emailing Epic before but I never seemed to get a reply from them about it.

RoccoFX If it's not too late, creating a custom behavior state is explained in the documentation section 6.1 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

michele84 You have to make use of 2 Behavior Trees (1 for walking and 1 for flying) for this one and change which one the AI is using during runtime. This is because walking and flying use different tasks. You can call "Run Behavior Tree" to change which behavior tree the AI is using. Lastly, you need to switch the Movement Mode from the character movement component. I plan on making a video about this as well using some kind of dragon or griffon AI

Jinvira Can you email me a video of the issue so I can take a look at what's going on? It could be a number of reasons. My email is info@drix-studios.com

Comment

Working...
                                X