Generic AI Behavior Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jujaswe View Post

This is mentioned in the documentation. Just go to Project Settings -> Crowd Manager -> and set Max Agents value to something higher. By default, it's set to 50.
    Jujaswe, i have tried what you mentioned, and i have raised the max agents to 2000 (Arround the ammount of agents that i pretend to have.) but the frame drop (20+FPS) is still happening.

Regards!

Comment

Hello I've sent various updated emails the past week requesting help with sight trigger while hiding issue.

Thank you.

Comment

Jujaswe So I created a NPC with AI behavior of a Sheriff. So if the civilians are being attacked they send messages nearby and Sheriff NPCs nearby receive the message and respond by attacking the character attacking the civilians. It works well in a normal level. But it doesn't work properly in World Composition levels for some reasons. The Sherrif NPC AI are sometimes triggered for some reason and attacks the player without any reason. They suppose to attack the player ONLY if the civilians are being attacked. Do you have any idea why that happens and what needs to be done in World Composition levels? By the way, I'm running UE 4.23.1.
        Last edited by Zeon0101; 12-01-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Jujaswe
          There seems to be a small inconvenience in the asset:

Suppose you have player1 distance from npc = 100
          Suppose you have player2 distance from npc = 120
          Player2 attacks the npc, however NPC will target player1 because distance is closer.

any fix for this? that.. well, the npc targets the player that hits him?
          thanks!

I mean.. I know this seems to be intended.. would be good to have an update that kind of have this added

2. I've noticed that when I have one player (game is multiplayer, network) the WithinDistanceTrigger works fine.. the npc targets my user
          however, when two players are online, the npc gets kind of stucked switching behaviors or at least I noticed that... basically it wont target any user, unless both are close and then it picks one
          update: I believe the BeyondDistanceTrigger is the problem.. for smoe reason it takes into cnosideration ALL actors, instead of only the one being targeted.

#update
          No worries.
          I read all this thread and noticed you mentioned playing with Tags on runtime. I did this and everything seems to be working.

The BeyondDistance is always set to None, however when a player is WithinTrigger, I set the withtinTrigger from Player tag to PlayerName tag and the beyonddistance tag also to this playername, so when the player leaves, it only takes into consideration the targeted one and goes back to Idle.
          Last edited by Namesis; 12-15-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Awesome! Yeah, in multiplayer you have to decide when to use universal Tags and when to use unique ones in order to get the correct reactions you want.
            Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

how do I get the AI to move faster after a melee? right now it attacks, but if I move away there is like a 1 or 2 second delay before it turns around to attack again I tried changing the animation speed but its still a delay.

Comment

Jujaswe What does "Attack Ranged Distance" do? I'm trying to use it for the team basted shooter and testing using the example shooter map. When you hover over it, it says "range of range attack" but no matter what you set it to 40000 or 0 the ranged attack won't begin until they are within 1990 units of each other. You can see this for yourself on a new project. When you simulate using your example shooter map. The two teams will run towards each other and only begin shooting at each other when they are 1990 units away from each other so obviously attack ranged distance is not the distance they begin shooting at each other so that begs the question how can I change it so that they start shooting at each other at a further distance?

Comment

I am having issues with the AI following me over different maps. The AI is on the persistant level with me, but as soon as I enter a new streaming volume and load a new map, the AI will stay in the map that it was previously on.

so basically the AI is not following me across streaming levels

Comment

tcla75 Sorry for the late reply. If your trigger for the attack is something like On Sight, then the AI is still limited by their line of sight to other AIs. The only way to adjust sight range in UE4 is through the AI controller's Perception component. In this case, the AI controller is the BP_AIC. Alternatively, you can use WithinDistance Triggers.

PRESSURE2000 By stay, do you mean they just don't move or do they get unloaded with the previous map? Also, how are you moving through each streaming level? A short video would definitely help diagnose the problem.
                    Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

Jujaswe I have some ranged AI. When they attack they move around. Is there anyway to make them go back to their original locations once done attacking?
                      Last edited by Zeon0101; 01-27-2020, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jujaswe View Post
                        [USER="50701"]

PRESSURE2000 By stay, do you mean they just don't move or do they get unloaded with the previous map? Also, how are you moving through each streaming level? A short video would definitely help diagnose the problem.
                        I fixed the issue, I placed blocking volumes on the places where the ground, it had to do with a strange collision issue.

but now I have an issue where if I spawn an enemy a floor above me, instead of looking for me the just move around on the floor above me instead of the floor bellow me, its like they can see me through the walls. I put block all in the floors collision but it still sees me and attacks no one of the other floor. I checked require line of sight in the attack settings but still didnt fix it

Comment

Zeon0101
                          I have some ranged AI. When they attack they move around. Is there anyway to make them go back to their original locations once done attacking?
                          I just completed this for my game. I don't think you can do this out of the box. I needed to create the following:

1) Create a new "return to post" enum behavior (see pdf document)
                          2) Update the behavior component to use this new state (see pdf document)
                          3) Create a behavior tree state to handle the "return to post" behavior.
                          4) Tree state does the following
                          i) Use the built in MoveTo task to move to the original start location
                          ii) A custom task to rotate to the original rotation and in my case switch back to the initial behavior

Then change to this behavior state when it makes sense to do so in your game.
                          Last edited by Bino; 03-02-2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X