Generic AI Behavior Toolkit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jujaswe View Post

Formations aren't supported out of the box yet. You could try to manually edit where they go similar to RTS games.
    If you don't mind I'd like to ask a couple more questions.

Firstly what determines the location the AI runs to on the follow behavior? My theory is to have the formation set as arrows attached to the player. Then I'd have the selected AIs follow the respective arrow locations.

Secondly it appears that having 80 AIs on the field disables about half from any behaviors. They just stand there unresponsive. Is there a way to up the amount of AIs that can receive behaviors at one time?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Comment

omg…. Jujaswe , sorry for your lost!

best wishes and positive energy!

Comment

Hi Jujaswe,

i finally tried to package my Project, and i got a lot of warnings, should i just ignore them or should we do something to fix them? also, no idea why UE is trying to compile things that i never used in the outlinerlike the AssaultRiffle, i think it is trying to compile everything in my content browser too, but still some warnings about things i did used:

LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_BehaviorType.Enum_BehaviorType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_PatrolType.Enum_PatrolType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTT_MoveToBlackboard] [0304.44] Compile of BTT_MoveToBlackboard successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 3,170 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_MoveToBlackboard.BTT_MoveToBlackboard)
        LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTS_Parkour] [0304.44] Compile of BTS_Parkour successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 3,170 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Services/BTS_Parkour.BTS_Parkour)
        LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTT_RandomFlyLocation] [0307.59] Compile of BTT_RandomFlyLocation successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 17 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_RandomFlyLocation.BTT_RandomFlyLocation)
        LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_IdleType.Enum_IdleType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_MessageTag.Enum_MessageTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_OperationType.Enum_OperationType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_BehaviorType.Enum_BehaviorType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        PackagingResults: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_BehaviorType.Enum_BehaviorType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_PatrolType.Enum_PatrolType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        PackagingResults: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_PatrolType.Enum_PatrolType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTT_MoveToBlackboard] [0155.69] Compile of BTT_MoveToBlackboard successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 7,202 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_MoveToBlackboard.BTT_MoveToBlackboard)
        PackagingResults: Warning: [Compiler BTT_MoveToBlackboard] [0155.69] Compile of BTT_MoveToBlackboard successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 7,202 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_MoveToBlackboard.BTT_MoveToBlackboard)
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTS_Parkour] [0155.69] Compile of BTS_Parkour successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 7,205 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Services/BTS_Parkour.BTS_Parkour)
        PackagingResults: Warning: [Compiler BTS_Parkour] [0155.69] Compile of BTS_Parkour successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 7,205 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Services/BTS_Parkour.BTS_Parkour)
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_MessageTag.Enum_MessageTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        PackagingResults: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_MessageTag.Enum_MessageTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_OperationType.Enum_OperationType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        PackagingResults: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_OperationType.Enum_OperationType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_IdleType.Enum_IdleType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        PackagingResults: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_IdleType.Enum_IdleType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTT_RandomFlyLocation] [0182.14] Compile of BTT_RandomFlyLocation successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 42 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_RandomFlyLocation.BTT_RandomFlyLocation)
        PackagingResults: Warning: [Compiler BTT_RandomFlyLocation] [0182.14] Compile of BTT_RandomFlyLocation successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 42 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_RandomFlyLocation.BTT_RandomFlyLocation)
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogAudioDerivedData: Display: Updated SoundWave->RawPCMDataSize from 0 to 166776 while cooking SoundWave /Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Assets/Sounds/Rifle/S_AssaultRifle_Shot03.S_AssaultRifle_Shot03.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogAudioDerivedData: Display: Updated SoundWave->RawPCMDataSize from 0 to 69908 while cooking SoundWave /Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Assets/Sounds/Rifle/S_AssaultRifle_Reload01.S_AssaultRifle_Reload01.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogAudioDerivedData: Display: Updated SoundWave->RawPCMDataSize from 0 to 172986 while cooking SoundWave /Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Assets/Sounds/Rifle/S_AssaultRifle_Shot02.S_AssaultRifle_Shot02.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogAudioDerivedData: Display: Updated SoundWave->RawPCMDataSize from 0 to 80556 while cooking SoundWave /Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Assets/Sounds/Rifle/S_AssaultRifle_Reload02.S_AssaultRifle_Reload02.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogAudioDerivedData: Display: Updated SoundWave->RawPCMDataSize from 0 to 138090 while cooking SoundWave /Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Assets/Sounds/Rifle/S_AssaultRifle_Shot01.S_AssaultRifle_Shot01.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogAudioDerivedData: Display: Updated SoundWave->RawPCMDataSize from 0 to 98784 while cooking SoundWave /Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Assets/Sounds/Sword/S_Sword_Swing01.S_Sword_Swing01.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_ActorTag.Enum_ActorTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        PackagingResults: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_ActorTag.Enum_ActorTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_BehaviorType.Enum_BehaviorType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_PatrolType.Enum_PatrolType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTT_MoveToBlackboard] [0155.69] Compile of BTT_MoveToBlackboard successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 7,202 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_MoveToBlackboard.BTT_MoveToBlackboard)
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTS_Parkour] [0155.69] Compile of BTS_Parkour successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 7,205 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Services/BTS_Parkour.BTS_Parkour)
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_MessageTag.Enum_MessageTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_OperationType.Enum_OperationType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_IdleType.Enum_IdleType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTT_RandomFlyLocation] [0182.14] Compile of BTT_RandomFlyLocation successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 42 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_RandomFlyLocation.BTT_RandomFlyLocation)
        LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_ActorTag.Enum_ActorTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.

Comment

ghostnova91 I'm really sorry for the late reply. I had to take a short vacation because of some personal problems. Anyways, you can increase the max AI by going to Project Settings -> Crowd manager -> Max Agents. The arrow algorithm might work since the Follow behavior already uses points around the Player to determine the location.
          Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

RoccoFX Sorry for the late reply. I had to take a break because of personal things. What engine version are you using? Some of those warnings involve Enums. Simply resaving the said enums should fix those warnings. Not sure about the Blackboard warnings. I'll look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jujaswe View Post
              ghostnova91 I'm really sorry for the late reply. I had to take a short vacation because of some personal problems. Anyways, you can increase the max AI by going to Project Settings -> Crowd manager -> Max Agents. The arrow algorithm might work since the Follow behavior already uses points around the Player to determine the location.
              Hey no worries man you guys have lives too. You've been a great help to me and I appreciate the support.

Comment

Jujaswe How to make ranged AI to consider Z axis when shooting? By that I mean, I want my AI to be able to shoot up and down depending on my location in Z axis. Currently, I can crouch in front of my ranged AI and take no damage,
                Last edited by ShojibTutorials; 07-04-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShojibTutorials View Post
                  Jujaswe How to make ranged AI to consider Z axis when shooting? By that I mean, I want my AI to be able to shoot up and down depending on my location in Z axis. Currently, I can crouch in front of my ranged AI and take no damage,
                  The AI toolkit automatically handles this. The AI will always shoot towards the center of the Player's capsule component. If you're crouching and the AI is still shooting above you, then that means the capsule height was not adjusted (E.g. the center of the capsule is above the head of crouched player). Try and check if this is the case

Comment

Hi, is there any way to place considerable ammounts of NPCs in different map places without highly affecting the performance? im trying to put spawn points of about 50 npcs in different places of the same map, this spawn points will not be focused by the camera at the same time never because this is a topdown project. but even when they are not being focused by the camera, im having a heavy frame drop caused by the toolkit. any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by imnomad View Post
                      Hi, is there any way to place considerable ammounts of NPCs in different map places without highly affecting the performance? im trying to put spawn points of about 50 npcs in different places of the same map, this spawn points will not be focused by the camera at the same time never because this is a topdown project. but even when they are not being focused by the camera, im having a heavy frame drop caused by the toolkit. any thoughts?
                      This is mentioned in the documentation. Just go to Project Settings -> Crowd Manager -> and set Max Agents value to something higher. By default, it's set to 50.

Comment

Jujaswe I am still having trouble getting the ai to select the specific location of my arrows instead of the random location around the target.

Where exactly is the random location set for the follow behavior? Maybe if I can find it I can set my arrow's location there instead. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Comment

Working...
                        X