Generic AI Behavior Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jujaswe View Post

Formations aren't supported out of the box yet. You could try to manually edit where they go similar to RTS games.
    If you don't mind I'd like to ask a couple more questions.

Firstly what determines the location the AI runs to on the follow behavior? My theory is to have the formation set as arrows attached to the player. Then I'd have the selected AIs follow the respective arrow locations.

Secondly it appears that having 80 AIs on the field disables about half from any behaviors. They just stand there unresponsive. Is there a way to up the amount of AIs that can receive behaviors at one time?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Comment

omg…. Jujaswe , sorry for your lost!

best wishes and positive energy!

Comment

Hi Jujaswe,

i finally tried to package my Project, and i got a lot of warnings, should i just ignore them or should we do something to fix them? also, no idea why UE is trying to compile things that i never used in the outlinerlike the AssaultRiffle, i think it is trying to compile everything in my content browser too, but still some warnings about things i did used:

LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_BehaviorType.Enum_BehaviorType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_PatrolType.Enum_PatrolType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTT_MoveToBlackboard] [0304.44] Compile of BTT_MoveToBlackboard successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 3,170 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_MoveToBlackboard.BTT_MoveToBlackboard)
        LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTS_Parkour] [0304.44] Compile of BTS_Parkour successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 3,170 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Services/BTS_Parkour.BTS_Parkour)
        LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTT_RandomFlyLocation] [0307.59] Compile of BTT_RandomFlyLocation successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 17 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_RandomFlyLocation.BTT_RandomFlyLocation)
        LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_IdleType.Enum_IdleType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_MessageTag.Enum_MessageTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_OperationType.Enum_OperationType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_BehaviorType.Enum_BehaviorType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        PackagingResults: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_BehaviorType.Enum_BehaviorType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_PatrolType.Enum_PatrolType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        PackagingResults: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_PatrolType.Enum_PatrolType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTT_MoveToBlackboard] [0155.69] Compile of BTT_MoveToBlackboard successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 7,202 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_MoveToBlackboard.BTT_MoveToBlackboard)
        PackagingResults: Warning: [Compiler BTT_MoveToBlackboard] [0155.69] Compile of BTT_MoveToBlackboard successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 7,202 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_MoveToBlackboard.BTT_MoveToBlackboard)
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTS_Parkour] [0155.69] Compile of BTS_Parkour successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 7,205 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Services/BTS_Parkour.BTS_Parkour)
        PackagingResults: Warning: [Compiler BTS_Parkour] [0155.69] Compile of BTS_Parkour successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 7,205 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Services/BTS_Parkour.BTS_Parkour)
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_MessageTag.Enum_MessageTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        PackagingResults: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_MessageTag.Enum_MessageTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_OperationType.Enum_OperationType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        PackagingResults: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_OperationType.Enum_OperationType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_IdleType.Enum_IdleType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        PackagingResults: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_IdleType.Enum_IdleType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTT_RandomFlyLocation] [0182.14] Compile of BTT_RandomFlyLocation successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 42 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_RandomFlyLocation.BTT_RandomFlyLocation)
        PackagingResults: Warning: [Compiler BTT_RandomFlyLocation] [0182.14] Compile of BTT_RandomFlyLocation successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 42 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_RandomFlyLocation.BTT_RandomFlyLocation)
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogAudioDerivedData: Display: Updated SoundWave->RawPCMDataSize from 0 to 166776 while cooking SoundWave /Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Assets/Sounds/Rifle/S_AssaultRifle_Shot03.S_AssaultRifle_Shot03.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogAudioDerivedData: Display: Updated SoundWave->RawPCMDataSize from 0 to 69908 while cooking SoundWave /Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Assets/Sounds/Rifle/S_AssaultRifle_Reload01.S_AssaultRifle_Reload01.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogAudioDerivedData: Display: Updated SoundWave->RawPCMDataSize from 0 to 172986 while cooking SoundWave /Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Assets/Sounds/Rifle/S_AssaultRifle_Shot02.S_AssaultRifle_Shot02.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogAudioDerivedData: Display: Updated SoundWave->RawPCMDataSize from 0 to 80556 while cooking SoundWave /Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Assets/Sounds/Rifle/S_AssaultRifle_Reload02.S_AssaultRifle_Reload02.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogAudioDerivedData: Display: Updated SoundWave->RawPCMDataSize from 0 to 138090 while cooking SoundWave /Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Assets/Sounds/Rifle/S_AssaultRifle_Shot01.S_AssaultRifle_Shot01.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogAudioDerivedData: Display: Updated SoundWave->RawPCMDataSize from 0 to 98784 while cooking SoundWave /Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Assets/Sounds/Sword/S_Sword_Swing01.S_Sword_Swing01.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_ActorTag.Enum_ActorTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        PackagingResults: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_ActorTag.Enum_ActorTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_BehaviorType.Enum_BehaviorType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_PatrolType.Enum_PatrolType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTT_MoveToBlackboard] [0155.69] Compile of BTT_MoveToBlackboard successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 7,202 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_MoveToBlackboard.BTT_MoveToBlackboard)
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTS_Parkour] [0155.69] Compile of BTS_Parkour successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 7,205 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Services/BTS_Parkour.BTS_Parkour)
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_MessageTag.Enum_MessageTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_OperationType.Enum_OperationType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_IdleType.Enum_IdleType' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Warning: [Compiler BTT_RandomFlyLocation] [0182.14] Compile of BTT_RandomFlyLocation successful, but with 1 Warning(s) [in 42 ms] (/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/BehaviorTree/Tasks/BTT_RandomFlyLocation.BTT_RandomFlyLocation)
        LogClass: Warning: Enum '/Game/AIBehaviorToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Enum_ActorTag.Enum_ActorTag' was upgraded to use FText to store its display name data. Please re-save this asset to avoid issues with localization and determinstic cooking.

Comment

ghostnova91 I'm really sorry for the late reply. I had to take a short vacation because of some personal problems. Anyways, you can increase the max AI by going to Project Settings -> Crowd manager -> Max Agents. The arrow algorithm might work since the Follow behavior already uses points around the Player to determine the location.
          Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

RoccoFX Sorry for the late reply. I had to take a break because of personal things. What engine version are you using? Some of those warnings involve Enums. Simply resaving the said enums should fix those warnings. Not sure about the Blackboard warnings. I'll look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jujaswe View Post
              ghostnova91 I'm really sorry for the late reply. I had to take a short vacation because of some personal problems. Anyways, you can increase the max AI by going to Project Settings -> Crowd manager -> Max Agents. The arrow algorithm might work since the Follow behavior already uses points around the Player to determine the location.
              Hey no worries man you guys have lives too. You've been a great help to me and I appreciate the support.

Comment

Jujaswe How to make ranged AI to consider Z axis when shooting? By that I mean, I want my AI to be able to shoot up and down depending on my location in Z axis. Currently, I can crouch in front of my ranged AI and take no damage,
                Last edited by Zeon0101; 07-04-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShojibTutorials View Post
                  Jujaswe How to make ranged AI to consider Z axis when shooting? By that I mean, I want my AI to be able to shoot up and down depending on my location in Z axis. Currently, I can crouch in front of my ranged AI and take no damage,
                  The AI toolkit automatically handles this. The AI will always shoot towards the center of the Player's capsule component. If you're crouching and the AI is still shooting above you, then that means the capsule height was not adjusted (E.g. the center of the capsule is above the head of crouched player). Try and check if this is the case

Comment

Hi, is there any way to place considerable ammounts of NPCs in different map places without highly affecting the performance? im trying to put spawn points of about 50 npcs in different places of the same map, this spawn points will not be focused by the camera at the same time never because this is a topdown project. but even when they are not being focused by the camera, im having a heavy frame drop caused by the toolkit. any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by imnomad View Post
                      Hi, is there any way to place considerable ammounts of NPCs in different map places without highly affecting the performance? im trying to put spawn points of about 50 npcs in different places of the same map, this spawn points will not be focused by the camera at the same time never because this is a topdown project. but even when they are not being focused by the camera, im having a heavy frame drop caused by the toolkit. any thoughts?
                      This is mentioned in the documentation. Just go to Project Settings -> Crowd Manager -> and set Max Agents value to something higher. By default, it's set to 50.

Comment

Jujaswe I am still having trouble getting the ai to select the specific location of my arrows instead of the random location around the target.

Where exactly is the random location set for the follow behavior? Maybe if I can find it I can set my arrow's location there instead. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Comment

Hi, I am having a problem with adding AI. i am trying to simulate a battel the problem is when i add AI it gives me an error saying (Infinite Loop Detected: BP_BehaviorComponent Function : Output) and when i delete one AI it works. i have like 200 AI in my scene 201 it will give this message. how can i solve this issue?
                          Last edited by wingman103; 09-17-2019, 05:18 PM. Reason: Solved! Ok so i went into project settings and searched for Loop and there is an option there which says Maximum Loop Iteration Count i set it to 0 and it is working now.

Comment

wingman103 I'm glad you were able to solve your problem! One quick tip though, most games that have a lot of AIs in combat (like Shadow of War) actually don't activate their AI until the player hits them or is really close. Most just play an animation to have the "illusion" that they are active. This is to save a lot of performance especially for lower spec PCs or consoles.

Comment

Hey all, I have a few questions hoping to be figured out

1) How are the units/numbers in the details panel for npc measured? For things like view distance, target consideration radius, other distance trigger and so on, I press the ' key for debugging and then numpad 4 to see wire/outlines of colliders - but it doesn't appear to adjust the distances to any number changes... is there a way to view these changes so I can accurately see what the distances look like? Right now, enemies in an alley way (if far enough will not be bothered by the player until the player enters a hard coded perimeter) (see attached image).

2) I'm having a hard time figuring out the delay trigger and getting to work correctly, it's meant to add a timed delay before switching between behavior types, and allowing however many seconds of deviation, right? So if I put 5 second delay, with 2 second random deviation it will choose any number from 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and then switch to the behavior chosen from the drop down?

3) Is there a way to have a short skype session with the dev to have some one on one assistance?

4) Where do I control the attack duration of melee attacks - for example if I want the npc to up to the player to melee for 2 seconds, then flee how would I achieve that?

5) I notice sometimes there's a state change from melee to flee (how I set it up) and the melee animation will play while the NPC is turning (please reference this gyazo clip at 0:44 seconds)
                              https://gyazo.com/1c875471bc61a3faa5a757cc56491545. The animation is a place holder zombie melee, but you can see when I jump over the npc - it tries to melee and turns away, looks odd...

6) I'm checking out flying AI and out of the box they REALLY seem to be struggling by means of VERY twitchy movement. The human ai I have going so far show no problems like this so it got me thinking to check the AI Behavior project flying example map in an unaltered project, it works as it should. I'm using the right Player Tags for the airborne enemy to ID the player as a threat, but even on idle they won't move to a random location - I checked and compared side by side both project/editor settings and saw no difference, I checked the AI itself to make sure and still find no differences. Is there a hidden variable somewhere that MUST be checked for the airborne AI to work with a modified player character? I have a nav mesh in my scene, but so does the example map and I saw in the notes that this was fixed in an earlier patch Please advise any solution to fix... https://gyazo.com/d22104442db4b81b92d34dece3b8fc05

7) There seems to be an issue with getting "work animations" going using the default shooter ai/skeleton. Even in the ExampleRPG map where there are work station points, civilian NPCs work no problem, the NPC_ShooterEnemy won't transition to doing the jumping jacks like the civilian will (yes, there is a navigation path), please see it in action here... https://gyazo.com/e8b88fbdcac547a859f5d47b1ad73b27

Thank you for the amazing pack, it's slowly making sense with all the documentation and YouTube tutorials!
                              Last edited by RangePlusOne; 10-10-2019, 12:17 AM.

Comment

RangePlusOne sorry for the late reply. You can contact me via email for faster response - info@drix-studios.com

1) Everything is measured in centimeters since that is the standard in Unreal. 1 Unreal Unit = 1 cm.

2) Yes that is correct. Deviation means +-2 so you'll get anywhere from 3 to 7 seconds in your example.

3) I can do emails as mentioned. I have a full time job so normally I can't do Skype.

4) Attacks are animation based. So if you want the AI to attack for 2 seconds, you just need to add a 2 second attack animation combo.

5) If you're manually changing to Flee from Melee, you can check "Stop Animations" in the Change Behavior function.

6) There's no hidden thing that needs to be changed. To clarify, you're using your own Character for the Flying AI? If so, check your Movement settings for the twitchy movement.

7) That's because the Example Shooter AI has a Delay Trigger in the Idle Settings that goes to Seek after 1 second. This is specifically for the shooter AI example. If you remove this delay trigger, it will be able to do the Work Animation properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X