No announcement yet.

Generic AI Behavior Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been using the spawner and for some reason it wont spawn players when I pick use player activation, only works when I dont choose it, is there anything else we need to set?

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post

think you need to make the melee distance more in the settings
      I tried this but then when he swings his hand without the sword that reach is too long, think I'll have to make the weapon a 2nd character or something.

Comment

Hi, Impossible to flip flop "Is Alive" I want to set Is Alive to false when the game starts with "event begin play", then, use a overlapper to switch it true, but i cant, whenever i turn "Is alive" to false, AI´s are never able to be turned back to true, i can perfeclty check "is alive" to true, and then turn them to false to disable them, but then i canot enable them back, no idea what to do.

Crowd Manager problems again… now with manually added AI´s

While testing spawning AI´s, after 51 they could not respond, move or do anything, so i increased Crowd Manager Max Agents to 100 and now it worked fine.... UNTIL, instead of spawning them i decided to add them manually to the game, after adding 100 AI´s to the scene BTK startsfailing again, some work, some don´t, if i choose to only add 50 AI´s to my game, it takes 2 to 3 minutes for some to start working, but if i add 100 by hand, they start working after 5 to 10 minutes, i even tried to fix it by increasing both Max Agents to 1000 and Max Agent Radious to 1000 too, but still the same problem, i can only manually add less than 30 now, more and it starts causing delay issues, they appear freezed and the ones that do move, cant detect tags until extra 15 minutes, what can i do?

Click image for larger version  Name:	corwdproblems.png Views:	1 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	1621032
        Last edited by RoccoFX; 05-18-2019, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post
          I have been using the spawner and for some reason it wont spawn players when I pick use player activation, only works when I dont choose it, is there anything else we need to set?
          The included Spawner is only meant to respawn NPCs and not players. The Player Activation means the spawner will be activated by a Player when it enters the bounds.
          Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

Originally posted by padr81 View Post

I tried this but then when he swings his hand without the sword that reach is too long, think I'll have to make the weapon a 2nd character or something.
            Try using your weapon's collision instead of the Melee collision by replacing all its references in the blueprint.

Comment

RoccoFX Not sure why you can't set it back to true, but setting Is Alive doesn't do anything on its own. If you want to disable the AI you need "Stop Logic" to stop the behavior tree.

Sounds like a hardware limitation. Even if your machine ends up running 100 AIs, it's not guaranteed for your players to have the same performance especially if they have a lower end PC. From a design standpoint, you have to consider if your game really needs 100 AIs all using the EQS at the same time. The EQS in itself is very costly when used by multiple AIs because it queries the environment. Even AAA games use far less "real" AIs at a time and most are just "fake" or disabled AIs that still have animations, etc.

Comment

Ok, thanks! Questions:

1) How to edit BTree tasks and allow AI´s to follow player in straight line instead of changing direction while following?

2) How you stop logic?

3) Is there a posibility to disable EQS just for some AI´s to be able to have more tan 100 AI´s without performance issues?
                Last edited by RoccoFX; 05-21-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

First off, would like to say great work on this, only issue im having right now is though,
                  Queries used to work fine, enabled in editor preferences etc.. But all of a sudden, can't tell what changed this, But querying always brings up no results. either 0.0.0 location, or a false bool. Not sure what to do, haven't messed with any querying systems, even replaced all the blueprints back to default, besides bp_NPC_base.

Is this a known issue with a fix? or did I stumble into something else here..
                  Any help would be great, thanks.

PS: any suggestions on swapping out different behavior component presets in runtime per npc? Current method is to swap out each setting within the struct individually. But that's a hassle, any other way?
                  Last edited by thelazylion; 05-20-2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Hello! I want to play ThirdPerson game for any of my AI characters army. How to use your toolkit to correctly implement the move in and out of the character through player controller possess? When I try to do this, after unpossessed, the AIBehaviorComponent stops init movement, but still working.

Comment

Sorry for the lat reply everyone. I lost a close family member recently so I had to take a week away from work.

RoccoFX 1) You can remove the EQS Query task from the Follow Branch in the tree and just have the Move To node with Target Actor as the parameter.
                      2) Call "Stop Logic" from the Brain component of the AI Controller.
                      3) I assume this is from the Random Location idle type. You can have a few Stationary AIs that don't use the Query.

thelazylion I haven't encountered this issue. Are you sure the EQS is still enabled? Did you change anything in the Behavior tree? Do you have a Nav Mesh volume in the level?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenix From Rus View Post
                        Hello! I want to play ThirdPerson game for any of my AI characters army. How to use your toolkit to correctly implement the move in and out of the character through player controller possess? When I try to do this, after unpossessed, the AIBehaviorComponent stops init movement, but still working.
                        Thanks! I replied to your email.

Comment

Jujaswe First I want to say, I love your AI Toolkit. I have a couple of questions for you.
                          1. Is there any way to make AI aware that they are getting shot from distance which is way beyond their attack range? For example, my AI range attack range is 1000, I shoot that AI from distance of 2000. What are some of the things could be done to make my AI aware of me?
                          2. If I want my AI to be able to open doors to get in and out of house, how would i do that?
                          3. Does this toolkit has the feature so that when I'm hiding inside of a house, AI would be able to enter the house and locate me, instead of standing outside and next to the wall keep attacking me?
                          4. I couldn't get my AI to do both ranged attack and melee attack. For example, when I'm in distance, I expect the AI to use his ranged attack on me but when I'm close to AI I expect him to do melee attack on me. I tried to use AttackMelee in WithinDistanceTriggers of ranged attack setting. I can't find a way to do that.
                          Last edited by Zeon0101; 06-04-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure if it was covered before on this forum, but is there a way to change the formation that companion AIs follow you? I've set up a system for rallying companions but I can't figure out how to change them out of the circle formation to a square formation for instance. Can you set me on the right track?

Comment

KorvaxGaming sorry for the late reply.
                              1. You could use message triggers. You could also manually make the AI investigate the area where the shot came from.
                              2. In one of my older games, I just used a box trigger to make the AI open doors that they overlap with. Make sure the door isn't affecting the Nav Mesh volume by unchecking "Can Ever Affect Navigation".
                              3. Yes, make sure to check for visibility. In the attack settings you can enable LoS or Line of Sight.
                              4. I'm not sure why it's not working. That is the same solution I used in another game. Adding a Within Distance trigger in the Attack Ranged settings with Behavior to Attack Melee. Make sure your attack melee settings are correct. Maybe the AI is just skipping it.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostnova91 View Post
                                I'm not sure if it was covered before on this forum, but is there a way to change the formation that companion AIs follow you? I've set up a system for rallying companions but I can't figure out how to change them out of the circle formation to a square formation for instance. Can you set me on the right track?
                                Formations aren't supported out of the box yet. You could try to manually edit where they go similar to RTS games.

Comment

Working...
                                X