No announcement yet.

Generic AI Behavior Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jujaswe I´m not using any login system. No idea what an AI Storage is or why is related… you got me with that one LOL, For all those testings i added all AI´s manually to the scene.

Do you have within distance trigger examples in the example Project or a video? what´s "LoS", or did you mean LOD? wich post do you mean with above, i searched LoS but found nothing. Or just explain why is it used for, so i can apply it, did you mean Line of Sight? i have checked them before just for testings but hardly use them, maybe because i don´t really understand in wich cases to apply, because if i check it, sometimes AI´s can´t find players unless they are very very close.

@PRESSURE2000 I already tried defender, but this cube is an element that suddely appears in the game, and i also want my AI´s to have other alive targets.... not just static actors, it also have issues with other AI BTK child characters…. after all the testings i have done, I think the main issue here, is the actual tags. If i´m been followed by the enemy, if this element or another AI target appears very close to them, enemies should stop following me, stop the BT and restart it with the new target and go to that cube or alive AI (so, they choose to attack the second target) and try to destroy it, but if i go back and i´m to close to that enemy (it choose to attack me instead) they need to be able to switch targets again, like a flip flop of enemies depending on how close,

actually i thought this was a built concept already in the system, and i never worried about it, just because tutorials have that tag list, or the "seek target" not anymore in the system, i thought jee… if it has tags for every state, it means the AI´s can attack multiple targets and choose wich depending on proximity. But apparently they don´t or they keep as priority the first tag of the list.

That´s why i asked for a switching video tutorial, alive or not, feels weird if enemy stops following me (target2), leaves, starts attacking target1 like a zombi, and then it can not detected or follow me anymore and also wont stop attacking target1 even if it´s already dead, so they are trapped with that first tag and... its an easy kill for me.
    Last edited by RoccoFX; 04-22-2019, 09:19 PM.

Comment

I have run into something strange, my AI wont parkour and instead run away. I dont know why they run away, but they run away back to where they started.

I put the default blue companion there to test, I made a video you can see where, it has the AI debug on but I dont know why they run away

https://streamable.com/9rtnz

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post
        I have run into something strange, my AI wont parkour and instead run away. I dont know why they run away, but they run away back to where they started.

I put the default blue companion there to test, I made a video you can see where, it has the AI debug on but I dont know why they run away

https://streamable.com/9rtnz
        I dont think its a kit bug, see this picture from your video, the navmesh cuts, heence I believe they start looking for a path to reach you, as they cant go over the black line.

https://ibb.co/X4VghVx

Comment

Originally posted by Namesis View Post

I dont think its a kit bug, see this picture from your video, the navmesh cuts, heence I believe they start looking for a path to reach you, as they cant go over the black line.

https://ibb.co/X4VghVx
          I updated to 4.22 and the issue is gone. the AI works as should now

Comment

Namesis from what I understand, you have a multiplayer-related problem? If so, try adding the "AI Storage component" to your Player Blueprint's components. This will make sure the Player is registered in the system no matter what.

As for tags, by default the AI chooses the nearest tagged actor. However, you can enable "Prioritize List" so that it will follow the order of which the Tags are listed. So if you have "Player", and "Companion" tags listed for the enemy AI, it will always try to attack the Player first even if the Companion is nearer.
            Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

RoccoFX Sorry for not being clear. LoS means line of sight. The difference between Distance Triggers and Sight Triggers is that the Distance triggers can ignore line of sight and can have custom distances unlike the sight where it has a fixed maximum distance.

For the tags issue, by default the AI chooses the nearest tagged actor so it doesn't matter what order you listed them. If an AI is engaged with multiple targets, it will attack the nearest one. You can see this in the example RPG and example Shooter maps. However, there is a "Prioritize List" boolean which will consider the order of tags instead of who's nearest.

Tags are not removed automatically when your Player, object, etc. dies. This is so users can customize how they want AIs to react to various situations. For example, you may want other AIs to react to a dead body by being "Alarmed" or "Investigating".

So if your AI is still trying to attack a dead player, you need to change your "Player" tag to "PlayerDead" when he dies. Or you can also just remove the tag entirely after death.

EDIT: Here's a video about the Tagging System and how it can be used for different things - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6wD82vDzmo
              Last edited by Jujaswe; 04-26-2019, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jujaswe View Post
                Namesis from what I understand, you have a multiplayer-related problem? If so, try adding the "AI Storage component" to your Player Blueprint's components. This will make sure the Player is registered in the system no matter what.

As for tags, by default the AI chooses the nearest tagged actor. However, you can enable "Prioritize List" so that it will follow the order of which the Tags are listed. So if you have "Player", and "Companion" tags listed for the enemy AI, it will always try to attack the Player first even if the Companion is nearer.
                The problem ended up being the "BEYOND DISTANCE TRIGGER" in the behavior config (Idle/Defense/AttackMelee), switching to Idle.

As a last request from my side, could you explain a bit the purpose and functionality of the Beyond Distance Trigger vs On Lose Sight? I do understand the difference based on the Documentation, however what Im wondering is how to proper use it, hopefully obtaining a quick example (written is perfect) would help me quite a bit to understand it correctly and hopefully use it correctly.

I have also noted this warnings spam, which I think is the cause of the ingame lag, as if i set it to Stationary the lag fades... this is for mobs set up as RandomLocation.
                https://ibb.co/YQTjV2f

Best regards and once again, excelent kit.
                Last edited by Namesis; 04-27-2019, 01:22 AM.

Comment

how do we get the AI the follow the patrol route AFTER spawn? We cant choose the path until they are actually on the map

Comment

Namesis For Beyond Distance Trigger, you can use this for removing Aggro. Say you have a monster that's chasing the Player. You want this monster to disengage if the Player is too far or the monster is too far from his "territory". You will use the Beyond Distance for this. This is mostly found in MMOs.

Now say you have another enemy but you want this enemy to only disengage when it loses sight of the Player. You will need to use Lose Sight trigger. You can't use the beyond distance here since there may be cases where the Player turns into a corner so the enemy loses sight but is not necessarily too far from the enemy. This behavior is mostly in Stealth based games.

As for the warning, you probably have too high a value for the Random Location distance. What's your settings?

Comment

PRESSURE2000 are you using the BP_Spawner? You could add a Patrol Route variable to the spawner and assign this to the spawned AI.
                      A lot of people have recently requested this so I might add it in for the next update.

Comment

Jujaswe
                        Setting:
                        + Type: random Location
                        + Max Rand Location Distance: 300
                        + Rand Location Delay: 10

the Distance/Loose sight should only be added on defense behavior?
                        Last edited by Namesis; 05-01-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Jujaswe I'm having issues when I add hit anims and death anims. So I am using Apply Damage then Play Animation to play an animation after taking a hit. I also have the UseDeathAnmations checked and added an animation at index 0. So what happens is that when the AI takes a hit it plays the hit animation. Then when the AI fire his weapon it acts weird. Also when the AI's health is 0, it doesn't play the death animation. This issue ONLY occurs when I use the Play Animation. By the way, I'm using the Event Damage from the Survival Game Kit from the marketplace.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HitAnim.PNG Views:	1 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	1615908

Output:
                          https://imgur.com/bsXfvKn
                          Last edited by Zeon0101; 05-06-2019, 08:40 PM.

Comment

KorvaxGaming the Play Animation node actually plays the animation and then stops at the last frame of that animation. It never blends back to the original animation (Idle, etc.) That is why you should make use of Anim Montages and use "Montage Play" because these types of animations will always blend back to the original animation

Comment

Hi guys is there anyway to deal damage with the mesh weapon overlapping the player instead of the AI character mesh. I have an enemy with a long sword which does no damage but unless I walk inside his arm length.
                              Last edited by padr81; 05-09-2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by padr81 View Post
                                Hi guys is there anyway to deal damage with the mesh weapon overlapping the player instead of the AI character mesh. I have an enemy with a long sword which does no damage but unless I walk inside his arm length.
                                think you need to make the melee distance more in the settings

Comment

Working...
                                X