No announcement yet.

Generic AI Behavior Toolkit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jujaswe Thanks for the fast reply. It works the way you mentioned on Human AI but not on animals, since it moves sideways. But I was able to combine to get it working based on my need.

Also. I was checking out the NPC Social. It works. I was wondering if I could set it up based on time. For example, from 8pm - 6am the NPC will sleep, then it will go to another location and do some work until 12pm then go to another location for lunch. The whole thing would be repeated everyday. You got the idea. Is that possible combining what you have in the AI Toolkit?

Comment

Originally posted by KorvaxGaming View Post
      Jujaswe Thanks for the fast reply. It works the way you mentioned on Human AI but not on animals, since it moves sideways. But I was able to combine to get it working based on my need.

Also. I was checking out the NPC Social. It works. I was wondering if I could set it up based on time. For example, from 8pm - 6am the NPC will sleep, then it will go to another location and do some work until 12pm then go to another location for lunch. The whole thing would be repeated everyday. You got the idea. Is that possible combining what you have in the AI Toolkit?
      Glad it worked for you. Well, if you have your time system set up, I think it would just be a matter of giving appropriate workspaces for the AI. For example, at 8pm you'll set the AIs workspace to be the Bed. At 9am you can give it another set of workspaces in the office, etc.

There's an improved Workspace blueprint in the coming update. It has more options for animations and things like snapping, etc. I think it would work nicely for what you need.
      Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

Jujaswe I'm facing some interesting challenges. I was wondering, let's say I've a horse mount. Would I be able to create an AI which knows how to mount to a horse and do all the AI stuffs? It could be a horse or a car, perhaps. Let's say I already have the feature added to the character and horse for horse riding. Then I want to use the character and the horse with your component to create the AI.
        Last edited by KorvaxGaming; 11-23-2018, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KorvaxGaming View Post
          Jujaswe I'm facing some interesting challenges. I was wondering, let's say I've a horse mount. Would I be able to create an AI which knows how to mount to a horse and do all the AI stuffs? It could be a horse or a car, perhaps. Let's say I already have the feature added to the character and horse for horse riding. Then I want to use the character and the horse with your component to create the AI.
          That's a good question! What I would do is to treat the rider and the horse as separate AIs. Once the rider mounts the horse and everything is attached, I would stop the behavior tree on the rider and let the horse AI do everything from that point on since the rider is simply attached to it.

Now maybe you want the rider AI to still have some form of AI. Maybe he's shooting at people while riding the horse. What you can do is instead of completely stopping the behavior tree of the rider, you would switch it's behavior tree to a simpler version. For example, you don't need Move To tasks because the mount is already handling those. Then when you dismount, switch the behavior tree again.

I hope that makes sense.

Comment

AI TOOLKIT UPDATE
            The latest update has been submitted to Epic while the Gumroad version should be live right now.

Version 1.5.0 Changelist
            - NEW: Rootmotion Animation Blueprint
            - NEW: Expanded Workspace actor
            - NEW: Aggressive Flying AI example NPC
            - NEW: Animation-based Defend state logic
            - Improvement: Shooter AI behavior tree logic
            - Improvement: Flying AI behavior tree logic
            - Improvement: MoveToBlackboard task

- Fixed Path Corner overlap bug
            - Fixed bug with game not packaging if using Blueprint Nativization
            - Fixed Level Streaming workspace bug
            - Fixed AI not automatically exiting workspace when interrupted.
            - Fixed parkour AI climbing through roof
            - Fixed multiplayer animations not always playing
            - Fixed Spawner multiplayer authority
            - Fixed death animation repeating bug
            - Fixed talking AI permanently changing other AIs behavior state
            - Fixed bug with SetAttackTarget getting stuck
            - Changed sound play from location to attached

I'll be making new videos going over the changes in this version. Expect the first video to be uploaded within the week.

Thanks for your continued support!

EDIT: To fix the Blueprint Nativization issue on existing projects, simply overwrite BTT_MoveToBlackboard. The cause of the issue was the RequestID from the MoveCompleted event, which has now been replaced. You can safely overwrite the file if you didn't change anything in it.
            Last edited by Jujaswe; 12-04-2018, 01:57 AM.

Comment

So glad I bought this, thanks for continuing development

Comment

Great Stuff! Great Asset!

Comment

Glad you like the updates! Here's a video showing how to use custom animations and meshes for the new Rootmotion Anim Blueprint

I'll be posting a Workspace video soon.

Comment

Thanks very much for your continued support for this product. On a side-note, would it be possible for you to explain how to fix the nativization/packaging issue? I have far too many AI set up already to be able to just start from scratch at this point so I would like to impliment your updates (mostly just the fixes) to my existing project with this asset in it. I know that's asking a lot but even just a quick write up, or some hint as to what was wrong and how you fixed it. Any help would be appreciated. (I don't suppose it's possible to simply update the pack with existing AI already set up, but if I am wrong please let me know).

Comment

Originally posted by Old-Crow View Post
                      Thanks very much for your continued support for this product. On a side-note, would it be possible for you to explain how to fix the nativization/packaging issue? I have far too many AI set up already to be able to just start from scratch at this point so I would like to impliment your updates (mostly just the fixes) to my existing project with this asset in it. I know that's asking a lot but even just a quick write up, or some hint as to what was wrong and how you fixed it. Any help would be appreciated. (I don't suppose it's possible to simply update the pack with existing AI already set up, but if I am wrong please let me know).
                      I'm also in this boat - would love to nativize my generic ai behavior toolkit BPs, but I've added some custom functionality so a straight update will break features of my game.

Comment

Old-Crow JBernhelm I edited the original post of the patch notes. Basically, you just need to overwrite the file BTT_MoveToBlackboard. If you made any changes to that file, make sure to take note of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jujaswe View Post
                          Old-Crow JBernhelm I edited the original post of the patch notes. Basically, you just need to overwrite the file BTT_MoveToBlackboard. If you made any changes to that file, make sure to take note of it.
                          Great - thanks!

Comment

New workspace tutorial!

Comment

Originally posted by Jujaswe View Post
                              You rock man, thanks for your awesome support! I look forward to customizing this for years to come.

Comment

Will this work well with a open world zombie game?

Comment

Working...
                                X