X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SUPPORT] Generic AI Behavior Toolkit

Youtube Tutorials

Documentation

Vote for AI Behavior Toolkit in Epic's Community Poll. This will help in featuring the Toolkit to the community so more people can try it. Thank you!

Hey everyone! I've been making an AI toolkit for you all.

Generic AI Behavior Toolkit is a plug-and-play, highly customizable, and easy to use AI Behavior system to create believable AI characters.

Features:
    • Easily create and modify dynamic AI Behaviors
    • Includes 10 AI Behaviors ready to use (Idle, Follow, Flee, Patrol, Seek, Attack Melee, Attack Ranged, Defend, Hit, Investigate)
    • Create any type of NPCs ranging from Civilians, to Companions, to Enemies and even Badass Bosses!
    • Easy to integrate with it's plug-and-play nature. Just add a component!
    • Includes 7 Triggers (Sight, Sound, Tags, Delay, WithinDistance, BeyondDistance, Health)
    • High levels of control and flexibility to meet your project's needs
    • Easily extend or create your own AI Behaviors and Triggers
    • Add animations and audio with ease!
    • Create believable and living worlds using Workspaces Actor
    • Blueprints and Behavior Tree based
    • Built-in health and damage system
    • Multiplayer compatible

Tons of options are available to the user for more control and dynamism in your AI.
    Options such as Movement speed, Triggers, Delays, Animations, etc. are readily available to you.

The AI Behaviors are easy to integrate into existing projects. Just add our simple component to any Character to bring it to life!

Interact with the AI using different triggers and easily create your own.

Add your own animations and audio for use by the AI.

Changelists:

Spoiler
    Yes
    97.00%
    No
    5.00%
    Last edited by Jujaswe; 11-29-2018, 12:33 PM.
    Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

It sounds like something i really need - I have done some basic AI tutorials but wanted something like this to build on instead of me reinventing the wheel - would this be easy to build upon? Also, when on the marketplace and how much??

Comment

[MENTION=342984]moody.by.name[/MENTION] yes it is very easy to build upon. I'm making it in a way that the user can easily add and configure specific behaviors and interactions. I'll be polishing it for a couple more weeks then I'll submit it to Epic. No decision yet for the price but I assure you that it's fair.

Comment

Wow looks awesome. Hope this will get into the marketplace, just be sensitive with the price . I wouldn't mind spending 10-15$ for your work.

Comment

Okay sounds good - I look forward to getting it...

Comment

This looks like just what we need at this particular moment.

However,

Is is UE4 multiplayer ( using UE4 dedicated server with 64 players) ready out of the box? Are AI character animations, actions, and states replicated? That is, do all players see the AI characters doing the same things?

What is the load on a local client (or standalone game if no multiplayer available)? How many AI Characters can be active at once without a degrade in performance on a current top of the line PC?

Does it use data tables?

How exposed are the AI character stats? In our game, these and any other data unique to an individual AI would have to be saved to a db and would need be readily accessible.

Are the NPC base types that you mentioned built in?

Does it come with any placeholder animations?

Does it come with AI character examples?

Has it been submitted to the Marketplace? Is it available on another site? When might it be available for purchase? What is the projected cost?
            Last edited by Rhynedahll; 07-27-2016, 07:41 AM.

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
              Is is UE4 multiplayer ( using UE4 dedicated server with 64 players) ready out of the box? Are AI character animations, actions, and states replicated? That is, do all players see the AI characters doing the same things?
              Yes, it is multiplayer compatible and AI animations/actions are replicated.

What is the load on a local client (or standalone game if no multiplayer available)? How many AI Characters can be active at once without a degrade in performance on a current top of the line PC?
              If you exclude rendering load from the sheer number of characters, the AI process itself is actually light. So far I tested it with a 40 vs 40 AI battle. The difference is minimal compared to no AI.

Does it use data tables?
              It features a data table where you can store behavior configs to easily apply behaviors to NPCs by just getting the configs from the table.

How exposed are the AI character stats? In our game, these and any other data unique to an individual AI would have to be saved to a db and would need be readily accessible.
              Most stats are easily accessible and available to the user. It is also very extendable so you can modify or add stats based on your needs.

Are the NPC base types that you mentioned built in?
              The NPCs mentioned and shown are available in the project folder as examples.

Does it come with any placeholder animations?
              Does it come with AI character examples?
              Yes, the animations and characters in the video (except for the "Integration part") are included.

Has it been submitted to the Marketplace? Is it available on another site? When might it be available for purchase? What is the projected cost?
              It has not been submitted yet. I'm still polishing and commenting the blueprints, etc. I'll submit it within a few weeks. I have no idea on the price yet. It would help if I could get input on that regard?

Comment

Ahhh, I would buy this instantly! It looks brilliant. Any chance you'll put it on Gumroad/Sellfy for early adopters?

Comment

Looks great so far, Jujaswe!

Just curious though...it says 'specially made for RPG's'...does this mean that it wouldn't work as expected in say adventure/action/puzzle games a la Tomb Raider?

Will this also work for animals? What other features do you have planned?

Cheers,
                  Chris
                  'Crystals Of Theia' - an adventure/action/puzzle game a la Tomb Raider/Uncharted/Deadfall Adventures

'Crystals Of Theia' on IndieDB - an adventure/action/puzzle game a la Tomb Raider/Uncharted/Deadfall Adventures

Comment

[MENTION=12406]Jujaswe[/MENTION]

Sounds like something I'd use - I need to make AI critters (NPCs) to populate my level (they'd just do their thing like walking/running around, stopping at some "nodes" to play some anims or trigger something, "talk" to each other; some may need to be afraid of player, some to be neutral, some would engage into in-fighting and some attack player) and a friendly NPC that follows player.

I am hoping your system wouldn't require to re-do existing BPs I already have (non-AI)
                    Last edited by motorsep; 07-27-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jujaswe View Post

It has not been submitted yet. I'm still polishing and commenting the blueprints, etc. I'll submit it within a few weeks. I have no idea on the price yet. It would help if I could get input on that regard?
                      Well, from my personal perspective:

As the Marketplace clientele appears to be, for the most part, solo and small group indie developers with mediocre budgets, prices above $100 for any system tend to be prohibitive.

I believe that this particular system might have broad general appeal and could be used for any type of game. For systems with broad general appeal, the sweet spot where return is maximized would be that price point where maximum sales are achieved. I would suggest that that price point tends to be in the low to middle range rather than the high range. The amount of work involved in the creation of a system might best be factored in over the long term as far as price determination -- as in, plan to make your money over a couple of years rather than immediately.

Comparable systems that we have purchased have started around $65, have frequent sales after a couple of weeks, and eventually lower the price to, I believe, spur the natural lag in sales. There is, however a floor price that is generally maintained.

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by itsalwayssummer View Post
                        Ahhh, I would buy this instantly! It looks brilliant. Any chance you'll put it on Gumroad/Sellfy for early adopters?
                        Thanks! Yes, I'm considering on putting it up on Gumroad.

Originally posted by ChrisV View Post
                        Just curious though...it says 'specially made for RPG's'...does this mean that it wouldn't work as expected in say adventure/action/puzzle games a la Tomb Raider?
                        Will this also work for animals? What other features do you have planned?
                        Thanks ChrisV! I put "specially made for RPGs" as the toolkit was built with RPGs in mind but the AI should work with almost any type of AI, as the "Generic" word suggests.
                        Animals are very doable. Say for example you can make the animal AI run away the moment it sees the player or gets to a certain distance from it.
                        I'm currently looking into adding more behaviors out of the box. If you'd like any specific behaviors, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                          Sounds like something I'd use - I need to make AI critters (NPCs) to populate my level (they'd just do their thing like walking/running around, stopping at some "nodes" to play some anims or trigger something, "talk" to each other; some may need to be afraid of player, some to be neutral, some would engage into in-fighting and some attack player) and a friendly NPC that follows player.

I am hoping your system wouldn't require to re-do existing BPs I already have (non-AI)
                          Thanks! Every type of AI you've mentioned is actually already part of the example characters in the project so I think this would really suit your needs.
                          Yes, I've built the system with existing projects in mind. If you want your existing BP's to interact with the AIs, all you need to do is add our component and make use of it

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                          Comparable systems that we have purchased have started around $65, have frequent sales after a couple of weeks, and eventually lower the price to, I believe, spur the natural lag in sales. There is, however a floor price that is generally maintained.
                          Thanks for the input! I'm definitely going to aim for the middle range price point.

Comment

[MENTION=12406]Jujaswe[/MENTION]

Would it be easy to make AI open doors, press buttons, etc. ? (I assume AI would have to trip a trigger that would call an event that would initiate door opening or whatever else)

Does your AI support path nodes? (I am not sure yet how it works in UE4, but in Doom 3, for example, you could make a path for AI using path_corner actors, and as AI would reach a path_corner it would trigger whatever you needed to trigger, on AI itself or on other actors; also it was possible to make AI wander between path_corners randomly)

Also wondering if your AI would work with https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...Auto-Save-Game seamlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                              Would it be easy to make AI open doors, press buttons, etc. ?
                              Yes, such things would be handled by triggers.

Does your AI support path nodes? (I am not sure yet how it works in UE4, but in Doom 3, for example, you could make a path for AI using path_corner actors, and as AI would reach a path_corner it would trigger whatever you needed to trigger, on AI itself or on other actors; also it was possible to make AI wander between path_corners randomly)
                              Currently the patrol behavior uses splines for paths. The AI can follow the spline or randomly go to points on the spline. Path_corner logic could easily be implemented by dropping in triggers along the spline. I'll see if I can include it out of the box.

Also wondering if your AI would work with https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...Auto-Save-Game seamlessly.
                              I haven't tried it but the way the savegame plugin is set up, it should work seamlessly. You just need to mark the AI variables for saving.

Comment

Working...
                              X