No announcement yet.

Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, i'm very new to blueprints and Unreal Engine, i've bought the sistem is very nice, i've use it with my own models, i just wonder, is there any way to creatre a Flock with this sistem?

Comment

No, Fish doesn't yet implement schooling behavior.

Comment

Hi there.

Looking into a solution for a game i am doing some rnd for at the moment. I am still piecing everything together, so i apologies if i ask some very basic or stupid question. And i understand a lot of this can happen outside of the plug-in on the ai side or elsewhere, i am just trying to get my head around the theory before i cash out.
        • Is it possible to weight preference of fish types to gravitate towards specific areas, like use a volume to make bass hang our around string weed or whatever?
        • Is it possible to create different groups of fish ie. predator/pray and have them react to each other based on their senses?
        • I guess basically it boils down to how much could i control the instances using ai.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Is it possible to weight preference of fish types to gravitate towards specific areas, like use a volume to make bass hang our around string weed or whatever?
          Read through Posts #36- 38 in this thread. Create different groups of fish that look for different Water Target sets.

Is it possible to create different groups of fish ie. predator/pray and have them react to each other based on their senses?
          Yes indeed but there is still much for you to still figure out here. For example you can have the predator fish make the Prey fish their current target (when they see one using senses) instead of a water target, that will work fine, however you need to find a place for the prey fish to go and you don't have navmesh to aid you as there is still no 3D Navmesh, I hope there will be one day.

I guess basically it boils down to how much could i control the instances using ai.
          very doable with custom work on your end. So far it sounds like your mostly just talking about target switching. Switching from water targets to prey targets. the tricky part for you will be figuring out how the prey fish run away from the predators without navigation or Environmental Query. Id love to see what you come up with.
          I hope that was helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Living Systems View Post
            Sweet, thanks for getting back so quickly.
            I think that answers most of my questions. Reckon this should be a fun challenge to tackle ‚Äč.

Cant wait to have some fun with it. Thanks again.
            Last edited by neuk; 05-14-2020, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X