CCG Toolkit | Multiplayer Card Game Framework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update 1.1 Released!

The CCG Toolkit v1.1 is now live on the UE4 Marketplace! This update features the introduction of the Deck builder and several framework changes to support creating, saving and editing custom decks. The update also includes several framework improvements, documentation updates and minor bug fixes.

Changelist info:

Features:
    • The Deck Builder is an interactive interface that allows users to easily create, customize, and save custom decks.
    Deck Builder Features list:
    • Filter cards in the library by card Set, card type, rarity, and additional special filters
    • Search bar for searching for cards by their name
    • Order cards in the library by Name or Mana Cost
    • Select all or specify card sets to look and filter through
    • Load decks
    • Save limitless custom decks
    • Edit custom decks
    • In-menu screen card preview
    • Dynamic deck mana graph
    • Special data table that allows designers to create developer made decks for players and/or AI. Decks are created and instantly playable in-game after loading the deck builder.
    • Customize the Min and Max number of cards in the player deck
    • Edit custom deck name

Click image for larger version

Name:	DeckBuilder.png
Views:	1
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	1116012
    • Custom 'Deck filters' function library for filtering and collecting data about the deck or input cards array
    • Custom ‘Save’ function library for creating, loading, and saving decks
    • ‘Card Rarity’ can now be set on cards
    • Connect to games Via IP option when joining a game
      Note: This still requires the right router/server setup to successfully connect to players across the internet.

Updates and Changes:
    • Added: Moved from the Card Game Player Controllers’s, the ‘Card Game State’ now holds references to cards which are played on the board for each player. Players can now access their own or opponents cards directly instead of filtering through all cards on the board, using "AddCardToBoard", "RemoveCardOnBoard",and "GetBoardState" functions callable in the game state.
    • Updated: With the introduction of the deck builder, the Card Game Player Controller's "Setup Deck" function has been updated to load all custom and pre-made (developer) decks.
    • Updated: Deck selection widget has been updated (Old Name: "Deck Row widget", New Name:ExpandableDeckSelectionRow) to include a Mana and Card Rarity preview of the deck.
    • Updated: Minor Blueprint optimizations and improvements throughout the toolkit.
    • Updated: Main menu framework and design improvements

Bug Fixes:
    • Fixed: Get Card data will now return any (valid) requested card without needing to specify the card set.
    • Fixed: Card preview would remain on the screen after mousing over UI while the preview is displayed.
    • Fixed: OnDrop card particle and sound effect played every time the card moved back to its home
    • destination. OnDrop effects will only play when the card is placed on the board for the first time.

Documentation Updates:
    • Added: Recommended Editor Setup
    • Added: Out of the box Options
    • Added: Deck Builder Overview
    • Updated: ‘Adding Card sets to the game’ tutorial
    • Updated: ‘Ability Creation and Setup’ tutorial
    • Added: FAQ’s

Note: This update also includes a number of fixes for and has been prepared in the latest UE4.13 engine version. This update is unfortunately not available in UE4.12.5 or below (Unless backwards compatibility becomes available)

The latest documentation can be found at: https://ccgtoolkit.wordpress.com/documentation/

Update 1.2 planning has been already begun, so make sure you vote on the trello page for anything you would like to see in the next update release!

If you find any issues, have any questions, or improvements you would like to see in the toolkit or the next update, please email ccgtoolkit.info@gmail.com!

Thank you to everyone for your patience, and I hope you enjoy the update!
    CCG Toolkit | Mutliplayer Card Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Point and Click Adventure Toolkit | Adventure Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Comment

WOOOHOO!!! The update is finally here!

Instant buy!!!!

Thanks for all your hardwork!

Comment

AWESOME THANK YOU!!! Finally I can start my game

Comment

Hope you can add a simple AI soon.

Comment

Incredible! This is so useful.

Shared!

Comment

How to update to v1.1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Peca92sk View Post
                How to update to v1.1 ?
                Hey Peca92sk!

The update should be downloadable from the marketplace page. If you create a new project under the 4.13 engine version, it should download and create a new project for you to copy/merge your changes into.

If you run into any issues with the update feel free to reach out and I will assist in any way I can. Thanks!
                CCG Toolkit | Mutliplayer Card Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Point and Click Adventure Toolkit | Adventure Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Comment

Forgot to update to 4.13 :/ thanks

Comment

Hey Prototype6143 :-)

This looks amazing!!

I just have some Pre-Buy questions.

Will there ever be something like a matchmaking system where you can enter a Lobby and you will be automatically matched with a player on your skill level (something like a ELO system)?

Is there something like a Login option. So you create Accounts and the cards of the players get saved on a server, maybe a MySQL Database? I think this is important to prevent cheating.

How does the current version save the cards of the User? locally?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
                    Oemmi

Comment

Originally posted by Oemmi View Post
                      Hey Prototype6143 :-)

This looks amazing!!

I just have some Pre-Buy questions.

Will there ever be something like a matchmaking system where you can enter a Lobby and you will be automatically matched with a player on your skill level (something like a ELO system)?

Is there something like a Login option. So you create Accounts and the cards of the players get saved on a server, maybe a MySQL Database? I think this is important to prevent cheating.

How does the current version save the cards of the User? locally?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
                      Oemmi
                      Hey Oemmi!
                      1. Matchmaking is not currently in scope for this project, however it is something that could be implemented within the toolkit by simply changing how games are selected. The toolkit does have access to games which it has found and adding the functionality to find and connect players based on available games would not be hard to do. I can give direction on this if you do choose to pickup the toolkit.
                      2. Adding support/implementing an option like MySQL would definitely be great to have. The toolkit was designed to be accessible and use only blueprints and engine features, this is mainly for accessibility and getting things running as soon as you hit the ground. There is one or a few options on the marketplace (Plugins) which could be used to add a login option to your project, and I'm sure there are many in the works aswell!
                      3. Decks are saved locally. The functions used to save out the deck had been created in function libraries which could easily be changed to load/save decks to a database (blueprint callable) with little changes needed to be made.

Let me know if you have any further questions!
                      Last edited by Prototype6143; 10-09-2016, 07:45 AM.

Comment

In my opinion this is the most awesome thing on the marketplace.

It's like anyone can make a Hearthstone prototype in a matter of days.

Instabought it the day it went out (or few days later to benefit from the promotion) and I just saw this thread.

I wanted to tell you GG, big GG and thanks.

GL HF for your future projects everyone
                        [Released] Multiplayer Combat Editor
                        A-RPG Sacred Swords
                        Auto-Chess Live Development
                        Youtube Tutorials

Comment

anyone figured out how to discard cards from hand and move them to graveyard without messing things up?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CyberMondaySale.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	1118988
                            Hello everyone!

The Cyber Monday Sale on the Unreal Marketplace is less then 48 hours away and the CCG Toolkit will be on sale for a whopping 50% off!

With update 1.2 right around the corner, I am really excited to finally be releasing the Card Game AI framework, new ability examples, and many more framework improvements on top of the already massive list of features. If you play your cards right, now is definitely the best time to pick up the toolkit and beat the price increase by getting the update for FREE once it is released, with 50% off its current price.

If you are on the fence and do not know whether the toolkit is right for your next creative project, email ccgtoolkit.info@gmail.com with any questions and we can see if the toolkit is right for you.

Happy Dev-ing!

Comment

The CCG Toolkit is now on Sale! 50% off for 24 hours only during the massive Cyber Monday Sale event!

Comment

awesome job Prototype6143 !
                                One question: is there the source code with plug-in?

Comment

Working...
                                X