CCG Toolkit | Multiplayer Card Game Framework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pleewpleew View Post
    Cool project. Adding some dice functionality in there would be great, and some grid based movement.
    Thanks pleewpleew! I will add your suggestions to the interest list for possible updates to the toolkit. If there is an example of what kind of game type(s) you are looking for to help give a better context on these ideas, then please to let me know.
    CCG Toolkit | Mutliplayer Card Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Point and Click Adventure Toolkit | Adventure Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Prototype6143 View Post
      Thanks pleewpleew! I will add your suggestions to the interest list for possible updates to the toolkit. If there is an example of what kind of game type(s) you are looking for to help give a better context on these ideas, then please to let me know.
      I think Might and Magic, Duel of Champions is a good example. You have these lanes where you place your creatures, and they can either attach or move to another spot - archers go at the back. I think you'll find interesting abilities in there as well. There are one or 2 games on steam that incorporate some dice functionality into card games. This may not be the standard, but would be great for those who do not want to build typical card games. I look forward to how your project evolves - good luck. I'll probably stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by pleewpleew View Post
        I think Might and Magic, Duel of Champions is a good example. You have these lanes where you place your creatures, and they can either attach or move to another spot - archers go at the back. I think you'll find interesting abilities in there as well. There are one or 2 games on steam that incorporate some dice functionality into card games. This may not be the standard, but would be great for those who do not want to build typical card games. I look forward to how your project evolves - good luck. I'll probably stick around.
        I have actually been keeping an eye on DICETINY which seems to include a simple dice mechanic. Good news, these both shouldn't be to difficult to add to the toolkit. I already have a similar position movement planned, but ive added randomized dice to the features list on the trello page so this will also get in. I will likely look at these both again for update 1.2. Thanks again for the suggestions!
        CCG Toolkit | Mutliplayer Card Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Point and Click Adventure Toolkit | Adventure Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Prototype6143 View Post
          I have actually been keeping an eye on DICETINY which seems to include a simple dice mechanic. Good news, these both shouldn't be to difficult to add to the toolkit. I already have a similar position movement planned, but ive added randomized dice to the features list on the trello page so this will also get in. I will likely look at these both again for update 1.2. Thanks again for the suggestions!
          That was one of those that I was referring to...completely forgot its name there. Having 'buildings' - similar to what you'd find in Duel of Champions would also be interesting. I've been building a physical ccg for a while, and would like to create a digital version in the future, so I'll keep an eye on your project. Looks great so far.

Comment

I love this and bought as soon as I saw it yesterday. I have been working on a project for a bit now and this saves me a lot of time. Great that my art sizes and all were a match! The thing is, yesterday (Windows 10) I did a stand-alone play and it launches with my health in place but the opponent health NULL and no cards populate. It is like the game did not initialize all the way. I just wanted to share that here in case there were missed steps, but I will also email you. Thank you for such a great contribution!
            Mike "Z"
            UI / Game Designer
            LinkedIn

Comment

I have same issue ...did you find a solution ? Have tried so many things to just get the stock blueprint to work and have found no solution. Runs player 2 health doesnt show numbers it says health and no cards are given to players can't end turn ... if someone could help or give me any idea on why it isnt working would be much appreciated. I am using windows 10

when i load the blueprint i get this error

LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object 'Class None.'

When i play the game i get these errors

LogTexture:Warning: Building texture with an invalid GUID: /Engine/Transient.Texture2D_1
              LogTexture:Warning: Texture has no source mips: /Engine/Transient.Texture2D_1
              LogTexture:Warning: Building texture with an invalid GUID: /Engine/Transient.Texture2D_0
              LogTexture:Warning: Texture has no source mips: /Engine/Transient.Texture2D_0

LogStats:Warning: MetaData mismatch. Did you assign a stat to two groups? New //STATGROUP_Threads//FLauncherTask///Thread_3d4_0///####STATCAT_Advanced#### old //STATGROUP_Threads//FLauncherTask///Thread_1108_0///####STATCAT_Advanced####

Am reasonably new to ue4 as i usually use unity so sorry if this seems newb to some . thanks
              Last edited by slimdzl; 08-05-2016, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slimdzl View Post
                I have same issue ...did you find a solution ? Have tried so many things to just get the stock blueprint to work and have found no solution. Runs player 2 health doesnt show numbers it says health and no cards are given to players can't end turn ... if someone could help or give me any idea on why it isnt working would be much appreciated. I am using windows 10

when i load the blueprint i get this error

LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object 'Class None.'

When i play the game i get these errors

LogTexture:Warning: Building texture with an invalid GUID: /Engine/Transient.Texture2D_1
                LogTexture:Warning: Texture has no source mips: /Engine/Transient.Texture2D_1
                LogTexture:Warning: Building texture with an invalid GUID: /Engine/Transient.Texture2D_0
                LogTexture:Warning: Texture has no source mips: /Engine/Transient.Texture2D_0

LogStats:Warning: MetaData mismatch. Did you assign a stat to two groups? New //STATGROUP_Threads//FLauncherTask///Thread_3d4_0///####STATCAT_Advanced#### old //STATGROUP_Threads//FLauncherTask///Thread_1108_0///####STATCAT_Advanced####

Am reasonably new to ue4 as i usually use unity so sorry if this seems newb to some . thanks
                Hey slimdzl!

The reason this occurs is because it is waiting on a second player to enter the game. You can set the toolkit to work with a single player, or two players, however to switch between them you will need to enable bIsSingleClientEnabled in the game mode to bypass the minimum player check for the game to start.

Alternatively, if you wish to use the multiplayer side of the toolkit, you can go into the launch properties and set the client to run 2 standalone clients on the same machine.

You can find this information in the documentation as linked in the original post of this thread. If this issue still persists, please let me know here or feel free to use the support email to get in touch!

Comment

This is really cool since I was already creating concept art for my VR game. Well this is a great side project to showcase my art and to think about how units might also be balanced in the final game to.

As a side note I really hope this eventually gets an AI update, it will be difficult to get enough players to use multiplayer. Also here's some samples of my artwork, I have since been drawing like crazy and have created 25 cards over the last week or so.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-08-12_23h59_05.png
Views:	1
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	1113662

Quick Test Screenshot (Without much customisation)
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-08-05_21h32_37.png
Views:	1
Size:	399.2 KB
ID:	1113663
                  Last edited by owenprescott; 08-12-2016, 07:02 PM.
                  Atoms4D - Indie VR Game atoms4d.com *site needs updating(soon)*
                  XAXISvr - A Marketplace for VR Dev's: xaxisvr.com
                  Owen Prescott - Official Concept Art & Design: owenprescott.com

Comment

Originally posted by owenprescott View Post
                    This is really cool since I was already creating concept art for my VR game. Well this is a great side project to showcase my art and to think about how units might also be balanced in the final game to.

As a side note I really hope this eventually gets an AI update, it will be difficult to get enough players to use multiplayer. Also here's some samples of my artwork, I have since been drawing like crazy and have created 25 cards over the last week or so.
                    Really cool artwork, thanks for sharing!

Ai is defiantly something I would like to make available in the near future. I have been working on a massive AI design document to work out the best way to support a wide range of card games as well as making it adaptive and customisable for developers. Keep an eye out.

Comment

Hi Prototype6143.
                      Does CCG Toolkit include "stack system" like MTG?
                      Stack - MTG Salvation Wiki http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Stack

I'm very interested in this project

Comment

Originally posted by john.doe View Post
                        Hi Prototype6143.
                        Does CCG Toolkit include "stack system" like MTG?
                        Stack - MTG Salvation Wiki http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Stack

I'm very interested in this project
                        Hey john.doe!

The Toolkit in its current state does not support this feature right out of the box, however some custom changes and systems can be added to handle this mechanic/type of play. Feel free to reach out if you do pick up the toolkit and I can provide support and direction on how to go about this!

Comment

Hey,
                          first of all is version 1.1 out ?

Comment

Originally posted by Peca92sk View Post
                            Hey,
                            first of all is version 1.1 out ?
                            Hey Peca92sk!

Not just yet! A few engine changes in UE4.13 and some small additional features have delayed the update briefly, but it should be released very soon!
                            Last edited by Prototype6143; 09-14-2016, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Great job in this toolkit!
                              I will pick it up soon!!!

All the best with the progress!
                              Last edited by CEORyze; 09-18-2016, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Once 1.1 comes out I will pick this up!

Comment

Working...
                                X