CCG Toolkit | Multiplayer Card Game Framework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Prototype6143

First of all nice work! This toolkit is amazing.
    I want to also setup a looting system. Wanted to ask you, where I can find an array of all inluding cards that are available.

greetings
    Last edited by M1nsDev; 12-09-2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I'm just now diving into this and was wondering a few things:

What's the best way to add an ability that the player can choose to trigger when they decide (ie. Click a creature in play to activate its ability)?

What's the best method for having a condition style card (example: +1 to all Warrior cards while in play; this card stays in play and just adds +1 to base attack for warriors in play, that come into play and are in play)?

Where do I look to set that cards cannot attack the player unless there are enemy cards blocking?

Where should I look to add a custom animation when attacking the player or other cards?

Comment

Originally posted by M1nsDev View Post
        Hey Prototype6143

First of all nice work! This toolkit is amazing.
        I want to also setup a looting system. Wanted to ask you, where I can find an array of all inluding cards that are available.

greetings
        Hey
        M1nsDev,

Apologies for the late response.

There isn't a single helper function to do this, but the deck builder has an example on how this can be done. You could easily setup a function library and a custom function that will hold a list of all the active card sets(data tables). From this you can loop through each of the data tables and get the all the row names from the array. You can then append all of the results from each of the sets to give you the full list of cards you want to loot from. This will also allow you to add additional filters for cards or sets you want to include/not include and all the rest.

Originally posted by Rolento View Post
        I'm just now diving into this and was wondering a few things:

What's the best way to add an ability that the player can choose to trigger when they decide (ie. Click a creature in play to activate its ability)?

What's the best method for having a condition style card (example: +1 to all Warrior cards while in play; this card stays in play and just adds +1 to base attack for warriors in play, that come into play and are in play)?

Where do I look to set that cards cannot attack the player unless there are enemy cards blocking?

Where should I look to add a custom animation when attacking the player or other cards?
        Hey Rolento,
        1. To add player triggered abilities, you will need to add an additional input you want to use. This could be a simple mouse input or mouse input to display some custom UI for the card. You could then have this input call to the server and trigger an ability based on a custom ability trigger when this input is pressed. This will tie into the current system without to many additions/changes.

2. The current system doesnt allow for dynamic conditions, a system would need to be built to fully support this. However this could be done by having two abilities, One triggered when it enters the field, another when the card leaves the field. The entering ability can loop through all player cards on the board, and this can modify one of the card stats based on the ability, the leaving ability (sent to graveyard) cold then do the same but in reverse. Now, this wouldn't cater for cards being played after it has already been in play, but you could counter this by having an additional trigger or state that can triggers when a card is played on the board.

3. This would be based on how cards can block the player. The easiest way to do this would be to setup a condition check when the player is attempting it attack the player on interaction. This could be done in the player controller, in the "Run Card Interaction" function or in the "Deal Damage To Player" function.

4. The animation should be triggered and run on the actor which is playing the anim. So if its a card animation, the 3D Card blueprint would be the best place. If its the receiving player, then the Board Player (or your own custom actor) would work the best.

Hope this helps!
        Aaron
        CCG Toolkit | Mutliplayer Card Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Point and Click Adventure Toolkit | Adventure Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Prototype6143 View Post

Hey Rolento,
          1. To add player triggered abilities, you will need to add an additional input you want to use. This could be a simple mouse input or mouse input to display some custom UI for the card. You could then have this input call to the server and trigger an ability based on a custom ability trigger when this input is pressed. This will tie into the current system without to many additions/changes.

2. The current system doesnt allow for dynamic conditions, a system would need to be built to fully support this. However this could be done by having two abilities, One triggered when it enters the field, another when the card leaves the field. The entering ability can loop through all player cards on the board, and this can modify one of the card stats based on the ability, the leaving ability (sent to graveyard) cold then do the same but in reverse. Now, this wouldn't cater for cards being played after it has already been in play, but you could counter this by having an additional trigger or state that can triggers when a card is played on the board.

3. This would be based on how cards can block the player. The easiest way to do this would be to setup a condition check when the player is attempting it attack the player on interaction. This could be done in the player controller, in the "Run Card Interaction" function or in the "Deal Damage To Player" function.

4. The animation should be triggered and run on the actor which is playing the anim. So if its a card animation, the 3D Card blueprint would be the best place. If its the receiving player, then the Board Player (or your own custom actor) would work the best.

Hope this helps!
          Aaron
          Awesome! thanks! I'll give these suggestions a go

Keep up the awesome work <3

Comment

Prototype6143 First off, amazing asset. Pretty rock solid IMO, and for the most part, things make sense just browsing through without needing documentation.

I do have a question however: I'm wanting to build a game with a LARGE variety of effects (not visual, but like draw, set aside, etc). Currently it looks like there's just an ability index and a really large list of possible effects. I feel like that's going to become very unmanageable for my game. Do you have any other suggestions?

Comment

UE4.24 support has been added!

UE4.24 support has been finally added and
              released
              on the Marketplace!

This update has a number of bug fixes for player state and UI initialization on clients, as well as some minor fixes for card interactions on mobile devices.

For any bugs with the update or any questions about upgrading existing projects, feel free to send a support email to
              ccgtoolkit.info@gmail.com

Happy Dev'ing!
              CCG Toolkit | Mutliplayer Card Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Point and Click Adventure Toolkit | Adventure Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Comment

Originally posted by LordZardeck View Post
                Prototype6143 First off, amazing asset. Pretty rock solid IMO, and for the most part, things make sense just browsing through without needing documentation.

I do have a question however: I'm wanting to build a game with a LARGE variety of effects (not visual, but like draw, set aside, etc). Currently it looks like there's just an ability index and a really large list of possible effects. I feel like that's going to become very unmanageable for my game. Do you have any other suggestions?
                Hey LordZardeck,

I have a few suggestions, but the one I would recommend would be the "Ability Object" approach, which would replace the current array of ability structs with an array of Ability Object reference.

You would basically have a base AbilityObjectBase class that includes a bunch of common functionality, such as the Owning Card, Owning Player, Event Trigger Ability Etc that every ability would use. You can then
                derive all abilities from this class, and setup the ability triggers to Construct the Ability Object, set the necessary data and call the Trigger ability event which you could then have run any/all the effects you want to have.

This could also be done through blueprints or C++, and require some but not to many changes to the framework.

Happy to provide some more details if this sounds like a good solution!

Comment

Working...
                X