CCG Toolkit | Multiplayer Card Game Framework

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prototype6143 View Post

Easiest way would be to Remove the Card Set from the "Game/CCGToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Gameplay_Enums/CardSet_Enum" This will break any links in most places around the toolkit including the data table references in the GetCardData function where they would have originally been added.

As for Arenas, the same dealio. Remove the unwanted Arenas from the "Game/CCGToolkit/Blueprints/Enums/Menu_Enums/ArenaList_Enum".

Both of these will stop the content from being accessible in-game, but the content will still be available. If you want to completely remove the content aswell, then you will have to follow the above steps then go into the card sets and delete the data table and content, and for Arenas you can go into the maps folder and delete the unwanted level files.

Happy New Year!
    Cheers dude.

Comment

• Hey Prototype, sorry for the rapid fire questions. I'm working full time on it .

I'm trying to implement a new card play condition, for a human Players only. I want to use the HitActor reference in CardGamePlayerController to provide a reference to a 3DCard actor which will be the target of an OnDropped ability for a spell type card. The conditon I have made is called PlayOnSelectedUnit (you can see it below). My problem only occurs in multiplayer (vs another human). It appears that both my client and host reference CardGamePlayerController_0. HitActor is empty for one Player (depending on who started the game).

In order to test I set a continuously print screen for Controller object name / Hit actor. This is the readout.

Client1: CardGamePlayerController_C_0 / HitActor: None
      Server: CardGamePlayerController_C_1 / HitActor: None
      Server: CardGamePlayerController_C_0 / HitActor: None

Both of the CardGamePlayerController_C_0 update correctly with the HitActor. However, I'm assuming that in the ValidateCardPlayConditions inside the Serverside PlayCard function wants to useit's own reference for CardGamePlayerController_C_1 and it's HitActor.

Any ideas?
      Last edited by Benni.Lodge; 01-03-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benni.Lodge View Post
        Hey Prototype, sorry for the rapid fire questions. I'm working full time on it .

I'm trying to implement a new card play condition, for a human Players only. I want to use the HitActor reference in CardGamePlayerController to provide a reference to a 3DCard actor which will be the target of an OnDropped ability for a spell type card. The conditon I have made is called PlayOnSelectedUnit (you can see it below). My problem only occurs in multiplayer (vs another human). It appears that both my client and host reference CardGamePlayerController_0. HitActor is empty for one Player (depending on who started the game).

In order to test I set a continuously print screen for Controller object name / Hit actor. This is the readout.

Client1: CardGamePlayerController_C_0 / HitActor: None
        Server: CardGamePlayerController_C_1 / HitActor: None
        Server: CardGamePlayerController_C_0 / HitActor: None

Both of the CardGamePlayerController_C_0 update correctly with the HitActor. However, I'm assuming that in the ValidateCardPlayConditions inside the Serverside PlayCard function wants to useit's own reference for CardGamePlayerController_C_1 and it's HitActor.

Any ideas?
        All good! In most cases if your server player controller (What the abilities would be referencing) is returning Null, then it could be 1 of two things.

1. The first would be that the reference Is not being set, or its being set and cleared.
        2. The reference is being set on the client, which will not replicate to the server. And/or the server is replicating its Null reference when you've set it on the server.

The ValidateCardPlayConditions function gets the server controller passed though so my feeling is on point 2, where the Hit actor may be getting set on the client. You can either pass through the reference to the actor you want to set to the server OR you can retrace on the server to get the reference and set this in the Play Card function.

Send over some screenshots of where your setting the reference if you want, and Ill take a look to see if anything stands out.
        CCG Toolkit | Mutliplayer Card Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Comment

• Thank dude, I solved it. I don't think I was using the replicated variables properly. I ended up creating a replicated event which passed the HitActor reference and set it.

Comment

• Wondering if this has been addressed before. Having animations or vid files playing after an attack or buff, etc. The data tables include particles and sounds but any advice on implementing either animations or vid files?

Comment

• Originally posted by Canthitcrap View Post
              Wondering if this has been addressed before. Having animations or vid files playing after an attack or buff, etc. The data tables include particles and sounds but any advice on implementing either animations or vid files?

Hey Canthitcrap, Ive had a few quick tests to see how this could be done.

For videos, you should be able to add a "File Media Source" type variable to your card struct (or sub-struct) which then will become available in your data table to assign per card. You can then reference a media (video) file and use this when you want to in the data table.

The same thing should work for the animation files.

Both solutions may have other more suitable option depending on what your after and how unique the animations/videos will be, but at least this should get your started.
              CCG Toolkit | Mutliplayer Card Game Framework: On the Marketplace | Support Thread

Comment

• Hello, i just wanted to ask if there are more updates coming or if 1.2 was pretty much the final release. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScarfaceTheDuke View Post
                  Hello, i just wanted to ask if there are more updates coming or if 1.2 was pretty much the final release. Thanks.
                  Hey ScarfaceTheDuke!

At this stage the toolkit is feature complete at v1.2.

Many features that would be added are available as other great marketplace products already, but If the product picks up and I see additional value in adding other unique features, this may also on the cards.

Comment

• The hover time before enlargement (i.e. when the card is in my hand or in a CardPlacement) is too long for my liking. Where can I shorten this? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by WakaFlockaFlam2 View Post
                      The hover time before enlargement (i.e. when the card is in my hand or in a CardPlacement) is too long for my liking. Where can I shorten this? Thanks!
                      Hey WakaFlockaFlam2!

You can go into the CardWidget blueprint and in the main event graph and on the right column you will find the "On Mouse Enter" event. There is a 0.2 second delay here which you can shorten to something that works better for you.

Comment

• Hey! So I'm messing around with the toolkit and I wanted to ask, if I wanted begin a match with a specific card already in play for both players how should I go about doing that?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3DKP View Post
                          Hey! So I'm messing around with the toolkit and I wanted to ask, if I wanted begin a match with a specific card already in play for both players how should I go about doing that?
                          Hey 3DKP!

The Game Mode would be the best place to do any initial board/ player setup. You can check out some of the card spawning abilities, such as the Clone Card ability as an example of how to go about spawning and having a card played on the board by the game.

Setup a custom function in the game mode which loops through each player, and runs something similar to below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CardSpawning.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1413368

Comment

• Originally posted by Prototype6143 View Post

Hey 3DKP!

The Game Mode would be the best place to do any initial board/ player setup. You can check out some of the card spawning abilities, such as the Clone Card ability as an example of how to go about spawning and having a card played on the board by the game.

Setup a custom function in the game mode which loops through each player, and runs something similar to below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CardSpawning.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1413368
                            Thanks for the reply! I will start there. I also just want to also say thanks for creating such an awesome toolkit!

Comment

Working...
                            X