Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zerofiftyone View Post
    Hey there,

Do you have any rough indication of when this will get added to the marketplace? I'm wanting to buy this, but I'd prefer not to buy it on gumroad unless a marketplace release is several months away.
    Epic do not gives me any estimative time window of when they'll add it to their catalog;
    They did test project packaging with the Plugin then an internal Epic's engineer helped me out to identify bugs (he found a little mistake I was making with 'container invalidation' in the main FSM class that got fixed) in the C++ source code and improve performance in general.
    After that, they went silent and I still got no news about it.
    | Finite State Machine | Auto-Save Plugin | USQLite Plugin | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Anti-Cheat Plugin | Property Transfer Tool | Magic Nodes |

Comment

Yeah, that's the answer that I was kind of expecting to hear . It's not a huge deal, I'm just not so much a fan of gumroad for game assets/tools. Thanks for the answer anyways!

On a side-note, have you considered putting this up for sale on itch.io? They have a tools/game assets section and it's a really nice ecosystem. Here's an example store page: https://gameappmakerco.itch.io/oldskooler
      Twitter: @zerofiftyone_
      Button Frenzy store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/454630

Comment

I will take a look at it; Didn't even knew that exists, thanks!

Maybe [MENTION=29169]Smarkoff[/MENTION] or [MENTION=36490]Reubitron[/MENTION] could update us on status for this submission...
        | Finite State Machine | Auto-Save Plugin | USQLite Plugin | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Anti-Cheat Plugin | Property Transfer Tool | Magic Nodes |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
          I will take a look at it; Didn't even knew that exists, thanks!

Maybe [MENTION=29169]Smarkoff[/MENTION] or [MENTION=36490]Reubitron[/MENTION] could update us on status for this submission...
          Hi there,

It looks like our review team has the update you sent and you should hear back from them soon! Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Comment

How is it going? I'm really eager to see this plugin!

Comment

Hey over there. It's looking really interesting. In a lot of ways. Thank you for this, looking forward the marketplace release.

Will keep you posted if I make some tutorials about implementing this in a current project but nothing is less sure.

Keep up the great work, thank you!

Gg gl hf to all for your projects
              Last edited by Yun-Kun; 08-27-2016, 01:03 PM.
              [Released] Multiplayer Combat Editor
              A-RPG Sacred Swords
              Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by FuTou View Post
                How is it going? I'm really eager to see this plugin!
                No news yet; Marketplace team is flooded with submissions :s

Originally posted by Yun-Kun View Post
                Hey over there. It's looking really interesting. In a lot of ways. Thank you for this, looking forward the marketplace release.

Will keep you posted if I make some tutorials about implementing this in a current project but nothing is less sure.

Keep up the great work, thank you!

Gg gl hf to all for your projects
                Thanks Yun-Kun!

Comment

Hi Bruno, I'm interested in this plugin, and I have a question that is not related to your plugin itself but the utilization of states machines in this situation:
                  Would you recommend a state machine to store events evolution in a game?

example:
                  1. Player start game (initial state)
                  1.a ->player takes some desitions in game --> (state X)
                  1.a.1 ...
                  1.b->player takes another desitions in game --> (state Y)
                  1.b.2 ...
                  etc

I'm just thinking in a way to store that information and I am wondering if state machines could be a good way.

I'm going to buy this plugin anyway =)

Thanks Bruno
                  pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
                    Hi Bruno, I'm interested in this plugin, and I have a question that is not related to your plugin itself but the utilization of states machines in this situation:
                    Would you recommend a state machine to store events evolution in a game?

example:
                    1. Player start game (initial state)
                    1.a ->player takes some desitions in game --> (state X)
                    1.a.1 ...
                    1.b->player takes another desitions in game --> (state Y)
                    1.b.2 ...
                    etc

I'm just thinking in a way to store that information and I am wondering if state machines could be a good way.

I'm going to buy this plugin anyway =)

Thanks Bruno
                    Yes, before this I would have to store these decisions in the blueprint using common variables, like boolean or enums; that works, but after a while the Character blueprint becomes a mess with a ton of variables and the graph also grows like spaghetti.
                    Now I'm using State Machines for everything when programming Blueprint graphs. My variables in the character blueprint are State Machines only now and every time something is not working, is easy to pick which FSM the issue is and work on it without affect other elements of the character blueprint and without fear that I may be breaking something else...
                    This is for me personally the best decision I've made this year, I'm very very happy with the results so far for switching to State Machine based systems in my Blueprints!

Comment

(1.3.6): Blueprint Enum Support

Hello;
                      I have added support for easier use of Blueprint Enumerators to be used with FSM States.
                      With this update you can easily enumerate a FSM State by Enum instead of switch by name; here's a quick setup info:

Create a Enumerator Blueprint, add named entries as you wish; like this example:

Open your FSM Blueprint graph and in its Details panel you shall see a new "Enumerator" field:

Assign to it your Enum Blueprint from Asset Browser:

The State list will update itself to reflect the list from your Enum Blueprint:

Now from any FSM Event, you can get the 'Current State ID' and cast it to your Enum Blueprint:

From there, you can freely call 'Switch on Enum' blueprint nodes and call your correct State Functions; This is much more scalable and easier to maintain then using Switch on Name nodes:

----------

Note: If you change the items in your Enumerator Blueprint, to update the States list select again the Enum from Asset Browser and in the FSM blueprint click its Enumerator so the States list will be up to date again.
                      Note: If you are using Animation Blueprints as Graph editor, this will be ignored by the Animation FSM!

Comment

I would be interested in this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                          I have added support for easier use of Blueprint Enumerators to be used with FSM States.
                          With this update you can easily enumerate a FSM State by Enum instead of switch by name; here's a quick setup info:
                          Kudos! I think you've created something here that will become much larger.
                          The danger though is that over time 'it itself' becomes somewhat unwieldy.
                          Thinking here of Techlords UDK AI nodes etc. (Can't link as forms still down).

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
                            Kudos! I think you've created something here that will become much larger.
                            The danger though is that over time 'it itself' becomes somewhat unwieldy.
                            Thinking here of Techlords UDK AI nodes etc. (Can't link as forms still down).
                            'unwieldy'... Well, learned a new word today

Comment

Hey there. Does this plugin work on 4.13? Also, will the gumroad version be maintained with updates, or would it be better to wait for the marketplace version?
                              Twitter: @zerofiftyone_
                              Website: zerofiftyone.net - My game development blog
                              Button Frenzy store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/454630

Comment

Originally posted by zerofiftyone View Post
                                Hey there. Does this plugin work on 4.13? Also, will the gumroad version be maintained with updates, or would it be better to wait for the marketplace version?
                                It got updated 2 hours after 4.13 release; so... yep.
                                All Gumroad owners already have 4.13 version.

Still waiting on an EpicGames' engineer to review the Marketplace submission though...

Comment

Working...
                                X