Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi,
    First of all, thank you for this amazing plugin!
    I tried to reproduce your Dynamic Particle Force Point demo found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryWmPyN4hqc.
    I failed to have the thirdPerson character interact with the particles. Is there anything to add in the TPCharacter blueprint?
    Can you upload your project please.
    Thank you.
    Cedric

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wrong thread.
    Last edited by duke22; 11-15-2017, 01:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ahhh well, that explains that then... I guess I'll have another go! Thanks for the quick reply

Out of interest, do you provide source in your plugin or no?

EDIT: Nvm worked it out. Nice! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1_UmN_k80U
    Last edited by TheJamsh; 04-06-2017, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
    Just out of curiosity, I need to add some custom modules to Cascade for a game. I gave up on adding modules that would be detectable in a launcher build of the game, since i was told it wasn't possible.

To save me having to look, would you be able to explain how you added modules via a plugin that are detected by the engine?
    Yeah, before 4.15 it was a bit complex to add a custom particle module. As you noted, the ParticleModule class must be extendet, because Cascade seraches for all subclasses to create the particle editor. The problem is that the API of ParticleModule was declared as "minimal". So you can create a subclass of it, but you are not allowed to use any method of the parent class. This means I had to reimplement the whole ParticleModule class to have an abstract base class from which to create the actual modules.

As of 4.15 they changed the API modifiert so that this is no longer necessary. I still use my custom base class though, because that way I can share some additional functionality between the new modules, e.g. a start delay or loop settings.
    I also added a custom logic module which allows you to create new particle effects in a blueprint, which from the looks of it is what EPIC is trying to do with Niagara

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just out of curiosity, I need to add some custom modules to Cascade for a game. I gave up on adding modules that would be detectable in a launcher build of the game, since i was told it wasn't possible.

To save me having to look, would you be able to explain how you added modules via a plugin that are detected by the engine?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ste1nar View Post
    Hello, love the plugin and I do have one request. In the subUV module, it is possible to set the UV index. If that is done through blueprints, using a parameter, it changes all the paricles UVs.
    What I would like is to have a "only process on spawn" (or something along those lines) checkbox like many other modules have. Is that possible?
    Thank you for the kind words.
    I don't know if what you want is possible. I have not yet found a way to modify existing particle modules that come with the engine, I can only create new ones.

Also, I sent an update for 4.15 with a new module type: particle decals

Here is an example:

I also extended the "custom logic" module a bit to make it more powerful. Here is an example of a moving particle wave:

But wait, there is more
    I added an option to dynamically update particle force points at runtime. For example in this video, the character updates the particle system's force points to its own position, creating a repelling effect:

Last edited by Cultrarius; 02-21-2017, 03:43 PM. Reason: Added video

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, love the plugin and I do have one request. In the subUV module, it is possible to set the UV index. If that is done through blueprints, using a parameter, it changes all the paricles UVs.
    What I would like is to have a "only process on spawn" (or something along those lines) checkbox like many other modules have. Is that possible?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by frogspasm View Post
    Awesome! I just bought it last night at home, and if it works out I'll be asking for one at work I will definitely pass on module ideas.
    Awesome, thank you!

If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to send me an Email: cultrarius@posteo.de

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome! I just bought it last night at home, and if it works out I'll be asking for one at work I will definitely pass on module ideas.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by frogspasm View Post
    This is looking great! Are you still actively developing it?
    Yes, I do! Here is the current documentation: https://cultrarius.github.io/UE4ParticleEditorPlugin/

If you have any ideas for new particle modules I am happy to try and integrate them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is looking great! Are you still actively developing it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update: I updated the mesh location module so it supports dynamic meshes where the triangle data is created at runtime (e.g. from the procedural mesh component).

I also created a "custom logic" module which let's you define your own spawn logic in C++ or blueprints. This way you can quickly iterate over custom algorithms without having to write new editor modules yourself!
    Or maybe you just want to dynamically control your particle data from a blueprint instance - the possibilities are endless

Example screenshot:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CustomLogicScreenshot.png
Views:	1
Size:	757.2 KB
ID:	1111930

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by aureon View Post
    That sounds great.
    The issue with the default Mesh emitter is that it spawns particles only from vertices, requiring pseudo-tessellated meshes.
    If you have that part working, i'd happily pre-buy \ help QA it for early access!
    Thanks!

Until the product is available on the Unreal marketplace, I created an early access version (30% off) on gumroad: https://gum.co/PpRSr/EarlyAccess

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That sounds great.
    The issue with the default Mesh emitter is that it spawns particles only from vertices, requiring pseudo-tessellated meshes.
    If you have that part working, i'd happily pre-buy \ help QA it for early access!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by aureon View Post
    Do you have it on gumroad or something?

If this: Mesh Location: spawn particles on the surface or vertices of a static meshes (without having to use sockets)
    means it can spawn particles on the surface of a mesh, eg. one every <x> units of a triangle, i'll buy it right now.
    No, it is not yet available, but I am working on it

The mesh module spawns the particles randomly distributed across the surface of a mesh (the chance for each triangle is proportional to its area). Optionally, it can add a velocity in the direction of the normal vector of the triangle the particle spawns on. Not sure if that answers your question

Leave a comment:

Working...
X