Marketplace C++ Plugin work in progress BlueMan_VehicleAI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.C. Smith View Post
    When you follow the Advanced Pathfinding tutorial in 4.19 at least nothing happens. The vehicle sees the points, it just never moves. It's not the vehicle or set up as switching to Deathmatch AI instead on the same blueprint works fine. This has been reported by multiple people now.

The only thing that I've found that fixes it is setting the if (false) to if (true) in the SelectTargetWaypoint() function.
    I'm looking into it, I redid the pathfinding on another project and I'll get the changes into this plugin for selecting the target waypoint. Some things that worked for most people, make sure all waypoints are above the ground and not colliding with anything, same for the central sensor on the vehicle.
    Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
    Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

4.20 support update should be available in a couple of days!
      Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Getting the updates ready now, been sick and I wasn't able to update.

Comment

Hi Blueman. When the AI version 4.20 will be ready please?

Comment

I'm in need of the 4.20 update as well.

Comment

Sorry, submitting tomorrow.

Comment

4.20 update is out.

Thank you, Blue Man!

Comment

Np, it came out today, it took a few days to get through the review process.

Comment

Hello Blueman,

I read a lot of comments here and you said its easy to make position system in Ai racing module, but I wasn't able to accurately make it and this is very important part of the racing so if you can explain how? Thanks

I have some good suggestion - when making AI waypoints, in most cases is one after another (I would say in 100% cases) so it is possible to improve Waypoint system to automatically point one after another, i.e. Waypoint 1 to Waypoint 2 then to 3,4,5,6 and to final Waypoint.

Same track can be used in reverse, so it is reverse bool enabled, the track would start from End Waypoint countdown to the 1st Waypoint.

This would save all users an enormous amount of time since I guess everyone has placed waypoints one after another. In my example, I have 300 waypoints on the track and it's really long (and error possible process) to connect them all manually and then also to make reverse track and to do all again. This can be from code referenced and updated easily right?

With this features - Position System and Automatic Waypoints (also a Reverse option), your AI racing package would be ultimate, I'm sure many users would like that.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Blue man,
                      First off, thank you for this plug in, makes life so much easier, this has the possibility to be a god sent for my Racing game
                      Ive sent an email a few times, but never got a response, might be going into your junk.

I have a few questions that I cant figure out.

I'm also having trouble with the way the AI follows the navigation WayPoints.
                      It seems the AI does not follow the AI points as well as it should, now this may be my settings, but when AI is following the waypoint, it does not seem to follow it correctly , even after adding upto 4 racing lines to the waypoint,

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	2
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	1558878

For instance in this crude paint drawing ive made, the racing line the AI follows is in green.
                      The one I want it to follow is in red.
                      The purple markers are the 4 racing lines ive added, the black is waypoing and the race track walls at the bottom.

I have adjusted the settings for speed, wheel braking, corner braking, error correction.
                      nothing makes a difference.
                      Cause my first though was that the AI was racing too fast to the corner, but I've even adjusted the speed around corners for waypoint to something like 10 and the steering to High and breaking and cornering to almost 0.

So my main question is 1) are all the settings for the above by 0.1 =High and 0.9= Low? ie, if I have steering cornering and AI mistakes? or are they setup differently?

2) Is there a way to adjust the way the AI adheres to the waypoint and racing line , be more strict to the way they are setup?

Could you advise me on what I may be doing wrong? Or how to adjust settings to adhere to the waypoints better.

Is it just a matter of adding more waypoints like this?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.png
Views:	2
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	1558877

I also want the AI to be fast enough so as not to be overtaken easily by a human player withing a few seconds, ( I have adjusted the AI speed and cornering speed but still cant seem to get it to work right. ie, if I make the AI faster, it just ends up crashing into barrier constantly with the settings mentioned above)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as Ive now reworked the AI waypoint 3 times , dont want to do it again if im constantly doing it wrong

Regards
                      Attached Files
                      Portfolio Webpage
                      http://fcsupreme.wix.com/gamedesign

LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/pub/adam-facey/77/a01/61/

Comment

Working...
                      X