Who wants Marketplace AI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who wants Marketplace AI?

Sure game AI is not the simplest content to create, however it's obviously possible (especially for more experienced dev's) and so I wonder why the marketplace doesn't yet have a nice selection of beginner friendly AI to adapt, learn and use as an initial base. Perhaps there is a good reason for dev's to not release AI into the marketplace but considering how little competition and options there is to choose from, I'm sure lots of noobs like me would throw cash at their screen if there were options more available. The universal Ai system for example is pretty much the only choice for general purpose AI, it looks ok but also seems to lack documentation etc. Also yes I realise it's important to learn things through experimentation. I just find dragging in prebuilt content and reverse engineering is usually more efficient for learning (personally), maybe it's just me but I often seem to get half way through game dev tutorials and miss a small detail that breaks everything lol.

I guess the point of my post is just to point out that there's essentially no AI stuff in the marketplace, if you already have something working why not put it up for sale? I would be your first customer, in fact if other people are interested maybe we can pool together a bounty and offer it to a willing dev(job section) to build a general purpose AI?

EDIT:
    I have recently added a poll, votes might encourage dev's to look into Ai for unreal.
    Me! but I can live without it...
    20.00%
    Me too! I'm desperate for an AI system...
    80.00%
    Last edited by owenprescott; 07-22-2016, 08:44 AM. Reason: Poll added
    Atoms4D - Indie VR Game atoms4d.com *site needs updating(soon)*
    XAXISvr - A Marketplace for VR Dev's: xaxisvr.com
    Owen Prescott - Official Concept Art & Design: owenprescott.com

I've considered it and still might, but it's a difficult thing to do generically in a way that could be useful to a variety of projects. Though the use case that you suggest, as a base to learn from and adapt, rather than expecting to be able to use a prebuilt solution, is more feasible for sure.

One other thing that has held me back though is that UE4's AI system, upon which it would make sense to build marketplace content, is still rather incomplete and frequently changing. I didn't want to make something only to find that they rip out a chunk of the existing API and tear it up. On the other hand, if they don't give it a significant overhaul, then it has some limitations that kind of restrict what can be done with it...

Comment

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...rsal-ai-system

This is there, and good; however, it also requires quite a bit of modification to fit into your game. At either rate, it's good and saves a lot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by 2DCAT View Post
        https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...rsal-ai-system

This is there, and good; however, it also requires quite a bit of modification to fit into your game. At either rate, it's good and saves a lot of work.
        this is mostly a template it's not user friendly but the guy that created the template said that he might do a basic version

Comment

After purchasing a bunch of marketplace items my only wish is that dev's would document the basics. As in how to properly migrate content out of their demo/project into the standard UE4 game types,. If the AI is easily migrated and moving around performing basic behaviours in my map, that's a huge step forward as far as getting a basic playable game out to potential fans and to learn from along the way. All that is then required is for noobs like me to reconfigure the BP one bit at a time, as soon as I break something I know it's important, its purpose and try workarounds from a saved working copy.

I think the documentation should be good enough that users only ask very specific questions, not "why isn't my AI moving". If they had it setup correctly to begin with, they would be able to work out what changes have been made to break the original working version. It's a similar issue that seems common with tutorials except with prebuilt stuff, atleast you're not at a dead end if something doesnt work.
          Atoms4D - Indie VR Game atoms4d.com *site needs updating(soon)*
          XAXISvr - A Marketplace for VR Dev's: xaxisvr.com
          Owen Prescott - Official Concept Art & Design: owenprescott.com

Comment

Originally posted by Axxi View Post
            this is mostly a template it's not user friendly but the guy that created the template said that he might do a basic version
            What is in your eye not user friendly? I know, you mailed, about a more basic AI. But a lot users was exactly wishing all the features i add to the pack. Every user can mail for support, and be sure you get it within 24 hours answered. I know, the documentation is lacking, about i really don't find the time to update it, yet. All the main time is spend to upgrade UAIS. Once version 4 is released, i will go trough the documentation, and update also this.

The BPs and code are well documendet, and I think the folders also are well organized. One more, you get this pack really cheap, compared with what it content, and what you get about support. For a such pack you pay normaly more as $ 100. UAIS also get improved all the time, so a lot of man power is invested into it.
            Sorry, if the documentation is not up to date at moment. I'm, only one man and have only 2 hands and one brain for doing all this. So things like documentation needs more time to be done.

The system is split up to have 2 clases in player and bot, this means in most cases you be able just to use the bot class and exchange the player with your own.
            The only rule, you have to use the player class i implemented, otherwise you get casting problems. This means to make a instance of the player in UAIS and override the code you need to override.

I'm helping always, if you use my support! In all cases, you also need to get familiar with how to build animation BP's and character and animations, and how to use interfaces, what you always need to learn, if you want build a own game.

It is near impossible, just to make a blank UAIS. It needs some code to have in the player and also in the bots u are using, to work with all stuff into the UAIS.
            Stuff like health, damage, communication with Bot or player BP. This is the reason, why it is comming like a template.

UAIS also have some features like wave event spawn or Dialogue with player and bots and Bot action. All this need to have widgets and code add to player and bot character. it woud not work in a blank, only UAIS BP project.

Basically you can migrate UAIS to your project, and then merge the UAIS player character with your own. You also can use your own player class, but in this case, you then need to fix all the casting from player character to use your own player class and you would need to add some code too.

Ok, hopefully this post is helping a bit, for understand the situation. Sorry for my small English.

Daniel / GAME3D

Comment

I have waited for the beginning of the unreal 4 version, proper Car AI. Maybe someday or maybe not. It is very difficult to do, if it would be easy i may have done it myself

Comment

Originally posted by Axxi View Post
                one of the major issues with BP related assets, good or not is that most complicated systems seem to expect you to use their included player pawn in a brand new fresh project. 90% of the time people dont want to start a brand new project and on top of it a brand new project using your core code. Not to mention if you wanted to integrate multiple systems, like inventory as well then how do you expect to use both pawns from both systems in a single fresh project. In the end its a mess and it takes more time to learn each one from the ground up so you know how to merge them properly than it is to just write your own system.

trying to merge systems like this becomes tiresome because you dont know where all the dependencies are and how it all fits together without learning it well. all BP assets should be built one way or another with integration in mind as the first point. easy integration and use. JCInventory is a good example of a complicated system that is pretty easy to snap into an existing game(since 4.9... prior it was a pain too).
                Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
                | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

Originally posted by thankstipscom View Post
                  one of the major issues with BP related assets, good or not is that most complicated systems seem to expect you to use their included player pawn in a brand new fresh project. 90% of the time people dont want to start a brand new project and on top of it a brand new project using your core code. Not to mention if you wanted to integrate multiple systems, like inventory as well then how do you expect to use both pawns from both systems in a single fresh project. In the end its a mess and it takes more time to learn each one from the ground up so you know how to merge them properly than it is to just write your own system.

trying to merge systems like this becomes tiresome because you dont know where all the dependencies are and how it all fits together without learning it well. all BP assets should be built one way or another with integration in mind as the first point. easy integration and use. JCInventory is a good example of a complicated system that is pretty easy to snap into an existing game(since 4.9... prior it was a pain too).
                  THIS. Coudn't have said it better

Comment

I want to see/buy NPC AI product !!!

Comment

Hi,

I have a working AI for vehicles, I am using it in my game currently.
                      It is more arcade style AI.
                      It supports two Game modes currently: Deathmatch and Race.

You would buy it as a C++ Plugin and you would get a few Actor Components.
                      You would just need to attach that Component to your vehicle and set a few parameters and it would work automatically.

I didn't release it on the Marketplace yet because I am not sure how many people are interested in that kind of AI.

You can see here Racing AI in action, this video is from my game.
                      And it has improved a lot since I made that video.
                      I am not promoting my game here, I am just showing the Racing AI in action

Last edited by Blue man; 06-24-2016, 04:49 PM.
                      Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                      Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                      Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

[MENTION=16963]owenprescott[/MENTION]

I'm creating Side Scroller Shooter Kit for marketplace with pretty advanced human AI. You can checkout some of it in video below. Maybe it will interest you.

This is link to forum thread

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ooter-Template
                        Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

Comment

Hmm.......
                          They broke the signatures so I removed mine thinking it'd be awhile. The signatures work again, but I haven't redone my signature yet.

Comment

My fighting component comes with basic AI that you can learn from.
                            Check out my fighting component https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ting-Component

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                              Hi,

I have a working AI for vehicles, I am using it in my game currently.
                              It is more arcade style AI.
                              It supports two Game modes currently: Deathmatch and Race.

You would buy it as a C++ Plugin and you would get a few Actor Components.
                              You would just need to attach that Component to your vehicle and set a few parameters and it would work automatically.

I didn't release it on the Marketplace yet because I am not sure how many people are interested in that kind of AI.

You can see here Racing AI in action, this video is from my game.
                              And it has improved a lot since I made that video.
                              I am not promoting my game here, I am just showing the Racing AI in action

If this works with blueprints you got yourself a sale. Probably many. If you read the forums there are a lot of people looking for vehicle AI

Comment

Working...
                              X