No announcement yet.

Absolutely disgusted by Marketplace refund policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading OP, it sounds like OP's issue. I tend to read description first. If I need something for mobile VR, and description says nothing about it, I double check tris counts and whatnot (should be in the description) and if I don't think it could work for my project, I contact author and ask if they have any plans releasing version for mobile VR. Usually it's either simple no, or some sort of explanation about why it would (not) work on mobile or mobile VR. With all the facts given, I can make a call (right one or wrong one) and either walk away or purchase it. After that, if what I buy matches with what's advertised, but it doesn't work for my project (whether out of the box or after modifications), shame on me. There is no way I can justify asking for refund.

Being an artist myself, I wouldn't not give any refunds to people who can't make right decision given all the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jwatte View Post
      If you buy a movie at Target and watch it and don't like it, you don't get a refund.
      If you buy a book on Amazon and read it and don't like it, you don't get a refund.
      Why would the marketplace be any different?
      Some content is ****. To figure that out, you either wait for the reviews to start showing up, or you take a chance.
      It's just like a book with a cover, or a movie with a plot summary: You don't really know what you're getting, and that's part of the bargain!
      Actually, yes, I can get a refund on the movie. I can get a refund on the Book. Not sure what world you live in, but yeah, both of those are refundable.

Comment

Originally posted by jwatte View Post
        If you buy a movie at Target and watch it and don't like it, you don't get a refund.
        If you buy a book on Amazon and read it and don't like it, you don't get a refund.
        Why would the marketplace be any different?
        Some content is ****. To figure that out, you either wait for the reviews to start showing up, or you take a chance.
        It's just like a book with a cover, or a movie with a plot summary: You don't really know what you're getting, and that's part of the bargain!
        What are you talking about? If you buy a book on amazon and don't like it. You can return it. If you buy a shirt at wal-mart and don't like it, you can return it. Customers have been returning products they haven't liked for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by tcla75
          ;n86893
          Over the last year I have spent many hundreds of euros on the Marketplace. I think
          its an excellent resource for indie devs like myself. Over that
          time I have found a use for nearly every asset I bought from the store until last Saturday. I bought a pack, I won't mention which one because
          thats not the point of this rant and it wouldn't work with the VR project I am working on. I had another similar pack that did so I stuck with that and only a few hours after buying the other pack I requested a refund for the one that wouldn't work for my project. This was the response I got from someone called <removed: violated rules and code of conduct>.

[
          I]<removed: violated rules and code of conduct>

[/
          I]To say that this was a slap across the face is an understatement.
          After all the money I had spent on the marketplace to
          be denied a refund for something
          that was only around €25 made me feel very under valued as a customer. I
          could care less about the money. This is about the fact that I can not in good conscience spend another penny on the marketplace ever again (which I am sure would have been many more hundreds) if this is how Epic treats its customers.

Now before you think this is
          a you will be sorry because I will
          never spend any more money on your services again post then you couldn't be more wrong. I'm not
          naive, I know that Epic could not give a flying
          F*^k if I ever spend another penny on the marketplace ever again. No the only person this
          is going to hurt is me but
          as I said there is no way I could support the Marketplace if this is how little Epic care about their customers.
          You
          are
          absolutely right. And if
          i remember right that you can get refund any product within 14 days purchased on the web. Like steam amazon etc. Unfortunately Epic has no that support for their customers.

Comment

Working...
          X