Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PerilousJacob View Post
    Hello gameDNA Studio,

Like many others here I understand Facebook's latest decision to deprecate "publish_actions" is having a huge impact. I also am aware that they suggested in their dev blog to use Share Dialogs, which you guys have working in this ExtendedFacebook plugin.

Unfortunately, the game I'm working on is in VR, so I'd have to go the Web route (3D Widget), which means I cannot use iOS or Android for the Share Photo Content, correct?

I took a look through the code for ExtendedFacebook Android's "SharePhotoContent" and I wasn't able to figure out how one would make this functionality work for Web. It looked to me like it was all just image manipulations. Does Facebook allow for Web games to use "SharePhotoContent" or "ShareLinkContent"? Could I make such a thing work on my own, and if so, do you have any information or pointers for me?

Thanks for your time,
    Jacob S

Hello Jacob,

Facebook surprised everyone with their decisions and we need to have more time to implement new features in place of deprecated functions. This plugin definitely will be improved for all platforms including VR (for free of course for all customers). This is not convenient for all of us and we won't leave our customers with this problem. We will do everything we can to replace deprecated functionality. More info we will provide in the following weeks.

Thank you for your patience.

Patrick,
    gameDNA Ltd
    Last edited by gameDNA studio; 06-25-2018, 11:48 AM.
    Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

Extended Facebook 2.9.0 Preview for UE 4.20 Preview 3!

We've just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.20 Preview 3.
      You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab.

If you haven't owned it yet, you can buy now on Sellfy or UE4 Marketplace.
      Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

Extended Facebook 2.9.0 for UE 4.20 released!

We've just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.20.
        You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

CHANGELOG:
        • Added support for UE 4.20

Comment

Can I use the Facebook Leaderboard feature? I bought it because of the leaderboard function, but I can not use the function. Thank you.

Comment

We purchased and connected the ExtendedFacebook plug-in to your project, following the instructions. We put the gameDNA and updated the SDK. The minimum version of the SDK is 16, the SDK = last level API and the NDK = android-19 API. The build for android was successful, but there was an error when launching applications
            08-23 17: 45: 41.736 10993-10993 /? E / AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
            Process: com.Pixonic.DinoSquad, PID: 10993
            java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: the "__aeabi_memmove" symbol referred to "/data/app/com.Pixonic.DinoSquad-1/lib/arm/libUE4.so" can not be found

Comment

hi, which facebook sdk version in the plugin, with engine 4.16 ?

Comment

How long will it be until the update that addresses the recent Facebook API changes?
                HunterGaming
                Facebook
                Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by attu79 View Post
                  Can I use the Facebook Leaderboard feature? I bought it because of the leaderboard function, but I can not use the function. Thank you.
                  Unfortunately, Facebook Leaderboard feature no longer works because of Cambridge Analytica scandal. However, we are working on new version of plugin with new and better functions which will replace outdated things. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Elena Azarenko View Post
                    We purchased and connected the ExtendedFacebook plug-in to your project, following the instructions. We put the gameDNA and updated the SDK. The minimum version of the SDK is 16, the SDK = last level API and the NDK = android-19 API. The build for android was successful, but there was an error when launching applications
                    08-23 17: 45: 41.736 10993-10993 /? E / AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
                    Process: com.Pixonic.DinoSquad, PID: 10993
                    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: the "__aeabi_memmove" symbol referred to "/data/app/com.Pixonic.DinoSquad-1/lib/arm/libUE4.so" can not be found
                    Hello,

Are you sure this is related to the plugin? Could you try to run empty plugin without plugin enabled? On what device are you trying to run your game?

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by ggalt View Post
                      hi, which facebook sdk version in the plugin, with engine 4.16 ?
                      Hi,

Extended Facebook 2.5.3 for Unreal Engine 4.16 uses Facebook SDK version 4.25.0.

Comment

Originally posted by jman2015 View Post
                        How long will it be until the update that addresses the recent Facebook API changes?
                        Hello,

We are still working on this. It takes so long because we are rewriting plugin completely and it will be probably not compatible with previous version because changes are too significant. We will notify everyone when it will be ready. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Extended Facebook 2.10.0 Preview for UE 4.21 Preview 4!

We've just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.21 Preview 4.
                          You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab.

Comment

Extended Facebook 2.10.0 for UE 4.21 released!

We've just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.21.
                            You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

CHANGELOG:
                            • Compatibility updates for Unreal Engine 4.21

Comment

Just to clarify, Facebook has changed their API, and Invite Friends using prerendered dialog is working again and WITHOUT requesting user_friends permissions. This is a good news!

Comment

Extended Facebook 2.10.1 for UE 4.21 released!

We've just released hotfix for Unreal Engine 4.21.

CHANGELOG:
                                • Added improvements for iOS 12, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR
                                • Added improvements for Android 9 (Pie)
                                • Facebook SDK for Android updated to 4.38.1
                                • Facebook SDK for iOS updated to 4.38.0

Comment

Working...
                                X