No announcement yet.

Extended Facebook Online Subsystem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will we be seeing this for Windows anytime soon?

Comment

Originally posted by RealAero View Post
      Will we be seeing this for Windows anytime soon?
      Hello,

This already supports Windows... This is plugin for all possible platforms in UE4 Including VR, Windows, Linux, macOS, consoles, etc.
      Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

Extended Facebook 2.8.1 released!

We've just released update for Extended Facebook Online Subsystem plugin.
        You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

CHANGELOG:
        • Google Play Services updated to 12.0.1

If you haven't owned it yet, you can buy now on Sellfy or UE4 Marketplace.
        Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

does this work with facebook analytics?

Comment

Originally posted by DonFrag View Post
            does this work with facebook analytics?
            It supports automatic events tracking for Facebook Analytics. More specific functions we have plans to add in the next updates.

Comment

Will this work on Oculus Go ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                Will this work on Oculus Go ?
                Yes, it can show Facebook content in VR using 3D widget but things like virtual keyboard to type data you should do on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by gameDNA studio View Post

Yes, it can show Facebook content in VR using 3D widget but things like virtual keyboard to type data you should do on your own.
                  Apparently Oculus Go has no Google Services (or anything like that - it has bare bones Android 6 I believe) and I am wondering if this plugin uses any functionality of Google Services or anything Facebook related that might be pre-loaded to a smartphone.

Also wondering if Facebook has Cloud Storage where savegame files can be stored and if so, does this plugin support it ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Apparently Oculus Go has no Google Services (or anything like that - it has bare bones Android 6 I believe) and I am wondering if this plugin uses any functionality of Google Services or anything Facebook related that might be pre-loaded to a smartphone.

Also wondering if Facebook has Cloud Storage where savegame files can be stored and if so, does this plugin support it ?
                    Facebook doesn't rely on Google Services and Facebook doesn't have Cloud Storage.

Comment

We recently bought this module...as we want some FB integration for our project. However most of the features are failing because facebook new app creation no longer providing 'publish_actions' permission...while the module rely on it like the sharing features. So we can not use it for our project. Anything we can do about it. Please let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by susanta3d View Post
                        We recently bought this module...as we want some FB integration for our project. However most of the features are failing because facebook new app creation no longer providing 'publish_actions' permission...while the module rely on it like the sharing features. So we can not use it for our project. Anything we can do about it. Please let us know.

This is a problem due to Cambridge Analytica scandal. Facebook changed their policy and removed publish_actions permissions. It means that Share Post and Share Image functions no longer works. You can still use other functions (for sharing for example Share Link Content and Share Photo Content). Please understand this is not our fault, Facebook simply changed API... Currently we are working on updating documentation and adding new functionality to the plugin.

Comment

Extended Facebook 2.8.2 released!

We've just released update for Extended Facebook Online Subsystem plugin.
                          You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

CHANGELOG:
                          • Implemented changes for new GDPR law in European Union (General Data Protection Regulation)
                          • Google Play Services updated to 15.0.1

If you haven't owned it yet, you can buy now on Sellfy or UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

Hey,

since Facebook has removed some permissions, what functions of this plugin still work, and what doesn't? And what functionality do you intend to add in the future? (I'm intending to buy several of your plugins but am unsure if the Facebook one is still on my list), thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowSnake141 View Post
                              Hey,

since Facebook has removed some permissions, what functions of this plugin still work, and what doesn't? And what functionality do you intend to add in the future? (I'm intending to buy several of your plugins but am unsure if the Facebook one is still on my list), thanks.

Hello,

Yes, we are aware about this problem. Facebook due to Cambridge Analytica scandal removed some functions. But you can still use most of the functions: Facebook Login, Facebook Logout, Request New Permissions, Query Users, Download User Avatar, Query Friends, Invite Friends, Share Link Content, Share Photo Content.

We have plans to implement all possible functionalities but we don't have any ETA yet (update will be free for current customers of course).

Comment

Hello gameDNA Studio,

Like many others here I understand Facebook's latest decision to deprecate "publish_actions" is having a huge impact. I also am aware that they suggested in their dev blog to use Share Dialogs, which you guys have working in this ExtendedFacebook plugin.

Unfortunately, the game I'm working on is in VR, so I'd have to go the Web route (3D Widget), which means I cannot use iOS or Android for the Share Photo Content, correct?

I took a look through the code for ExtendedFacebook Android's "SharePhotoContent" and I wasn't able to figure out how one would make this functionality work for Web. It looked to me like it was all just image manipulations. Does Facebook allow for Web games to use "SharePhotoContent" or "ShareLinkContent"? Could I make such a thing work on my own, and if so, do you have any information or pointers for me?

Thanks for your time,
                                Jacob S

Comment

Working...
                                X