Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Runtime Mesh Component

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by HOUmmel View Post
    Can somebody explain how to use Tessellation with RMC?
    works out of the box for UE 4.19.
    Is you material working on static meshes? (Tessellation is enabled via the applied material)
    NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | DebugWidget

    Comment


      Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post

      works out of the box for UE 4.19.
      Is you material working on static meshes? (Tessellation is enabled via the applied material)
      It works with static meshes. The Engine crashes with PN Tessellation. Flat Tessellation has no Effect. Maybe because i use 4.22?

      Comment


        Originally posted by HOUmmel View Post

        It works with static meshes. The Engine crashes with PN Tessellation. Flat Tessellation has no Effect. Maybe because i use 4.22?
        Maybe, but can't help ya there.
        NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | DebugWidget

        Comment


          So i tried to get it work in 4.19. but it does not work at all. Can you give a simple setup?
          Edit: Seems like you can't see the Tessellation in Wireframe Mode
          Last edited by HOUmmel; 07-25-2019, 05:06 AM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by HOUmmel View Post
            So i tried to get it work in 4.19. but it does not work at all. Can you give a simple setup?
            Edit: Seems like you can't see the Tessellation in Wireframe Mode
            nope, you can't ^^ not sure why though. Maybe the wireframe shader takes another render path or is not run on the GPU.
            NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | DebugWidget

            Comment


              Since UE4.20 they've added the ability to apply a render target to the landscape as displacement.. without the runtime functionality. How feasible would it be with the RMC?

              Comment


                Originally posted by THEAETIK View Post
                Since UE4.20 they've added the ability to apply a render target to the landscape as displacement.. without the runtime functionality. How feasible would it be with the RMC?
                Take a texture (RenderTarget is a texture), create a plane with subdivisions, read the pixel and displace the vertex Z position depending on the color value, update the vertices to the RMC. Its a bit of coding but not that problematic if you only want a texture that maps to a fixed size plane. Needs C++ tough.
                NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | DebugWidget

                Comment


                  Hello,
                  is it possible to add Collision to a MeshSection which use a different VertexBuffer?
                  I have 2 VertexBuffers the first is for visuals and the 2nd for Collision only, so it does not need to be drawn or need Normals and Stuff.
                  At the Moment i create a 2nd MeshSection with that 2nd Buffer and set it to invisible. But maybe that is slower...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by HOUmmel View Post
                    Hello,
                    is it possible to add Collision to a MeshSection which use a different VertexBuffer?
                    I have 2 VertexBuffers the first is for visuals and the 2nd for Collision only, so it does not need to be drawn or need Normals and Stuff.
                    At the Moment i create a 2nd MeshSection with that 2nd Buffer and set it to invisible. But maybe that is slower...
                    SetMeshCollisionSection or something like that.
                    NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | DebugWidget

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post

                      SetMeshCollisionSection or something like that.
                      Thanks, i will check it out

                      Comment


                        So I'm trying to get the section where a trace hit and having problems. I noticed there is "GetSectionIdFromCollisionFaceIndex" in the mesh component, the issue I'm having is the hit returned from World->LineTraceSingleByChannel always has FaceIndex -1.

                        Comment


                          Oh spoke too soon. Guess I didn't know what FaceIndex was well enough. "The FaceIndex is only set when using a triangle mesh for the query.".


                          So is there a way to get which section was hit with a line trace?

                          Comment


                            Does it make a different in performance how many "sections" you have as long as you use the same material for all of it? Doing one mesh for discrete items and just easier splitting them into sections.

                            Also how does the UV maps work when you define them for each section? Does the plugin piece them altogether into one?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Mctittles View Post
                              Does it make a different in performance how many "sections" you have as long as you use the same material for all of it? Doing one mesh for discrete items and just easier splitting them into sections.

                              Also how does the UV maps work when you define them for each section? Does the plugin piece them altogether into one?
                              Each section is a different material. Each material is a Draw-Call. With 4.23 Unreal changed the rendering by batching together same things. Dunno exactly what that means and how that applies to the RMC.

                              As each section has its own material UV is not connected. Each section can be 0..1 without problems. You can also exceed 0..1 range for UV in Unreal.
                              Last edited by Rumbleball; 10-21-2019, 06:35 PM.
                              NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | DebugWidget

                              Comment


                                I'm still wondering what the sections with DualBuffer are. Anybody any idea?

                                Code:
                                    template<typename VertexType0, typename VertexType1, typename IndexType>
                                    FORCEINLINE void CreateMeshSectionDualBuffer(int32 SectionIndex, TArray<VertexType0>& InVertices0, TArray<VertexType1>& InVertices1, TArray<IndexType>& InTriangles, bool bCreateCollision = false,
                                        EUpdateFrequency UpdateFrequency = EUpdateFrequency::Average, ESectionUpdateFlags UpdateFlags = ESectionUpdateFlags::None)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X