Runtime Mesh Component

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post

You can try exporting and reimporting the static mesh. Maybe that solves it. I think there is a checkbox on import for adjacency info.
    Wow it worked!! Thanks so much

Comment

I'm having a problem getting overlap events to work with the runtime mesh component, they work with any static mesh, but not with the runtime mesh, is there a way to make it work in blueprints, or is this just not implemented?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabudum View Post
        I'm having a problem getting overlap events to work with the runtime mesh component, they work with any static mesh, but not with the runtime mesh, is there a way to make it work in blueprints, or is this just not implemented?
        they work. There are some checkboxes in the component that need to be adjusted correctly I gues.
        DebugWidget - Helper for debugging in VR
        WidgetBox - Recycle your widgets the smart way
        NotificationBackbone - Send notifications via Feeds
        SteamWorkhop - Blueprint and Cpp
        UnrealPluginBuilder - Package via Drag&Drop
        RuntimeMeshImportExport - Sync and Async

Comment

Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post

they work. There are some checkboxes in the component that need to be adjusted correctly I gues.
          Oh, okay, thanks then, appreciated.

Comment

Version: 4.20
            I followed the instructions here: https://github.com/Koderz/RuntimeMes...MC-from-GitHub
            Added the four dependencies as shown here: https://github.com/Koderz/RuntimeMes...project-in-CPP
            And still, "Cannot open include file: 'RuntimeMeshCore.generated.h' No such file or directory"?
            I put my plugin files to the plugin folder in ue4, along with other plugins

Comment

Update:
              I tried reinstalling, deleting binaries and intermediate files, etc., updating the target.cs of the editor files in RuntimeMeshComponent, still doesn't work, as the error below persists:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
              Error LNK1181 cannot open input file 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Plugins\RuntimeMeshComponent-master\RuntimeMeshComponent-master\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\RuntimeMeshComponent\UE4Editor-RuntimeMeshComponent.lib' DungeonOfTimePaul C:\Users\paull\Desktop\Unreal *****\DungeonOfTimePaul\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LINK 1

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_LTC View Post
                Update:
                I tried reinstalling, deleting binaries and intermediate files, etc., updating the target.cs of the editor files in RuntimeMeshComponent, still doesn't work, as the error below persists:

Error LNK1181 cannot open input file 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Plugins\RuntimeMeshComponent-master\RuntimeMeshComponent-master\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\RuntimeMeshComponent\UE4Editor-RuntimeMeshComponent.lib' DungeonOfTimePaul C:\Users\paull\Desktop\Unreal *****\DungeonOfTimePaul\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LINK 1
                do you manually include the generated.h file in the files where you use the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_LTC View Post
                  Update:

This is probably due to the changes to Plugin include paths in 4.20/4.21.

In your [Project Directory]\Plugins\RuntimeMeshComponent\Source\RuntimeMeshComponent\RuntimeMeshComponent.Build.cs file, comment out the PublicIncludePaths and PrivateIncludePaths lines and replace them with the new ModuleDirectory-relative paths like so:

// PublicIncludePaths.AddRange(
                  // new string[] {
                  // "RuntimeMeshComponent/Public"
                  // // ... add public include paths required here ...
                  //}
                  // );
                  PublicIncludePaths.Add(Path.Combine(ModuleDirectory, "Public"));

// PrivateIncludePaths.AddRange(
                  // new string[] {
                  // "RuntimeMeshComponent/Private",
                  // // ... add other private include paths required here ...
                  //}
                  // );
                  PrivateIncludePaths.Add(Path.Combine(ModuleDirectory, "Private"));

Do the same in RuntimeMeshComponentEditor\RuntimeMeshComponentEditor.Build.cs

This *should* probably cover it for 4.20. For 4.21 you will need to take the "#if ENGINE_MAJOR_VERSION == 4 && ENGINE_MINOR_VERSION < 21" line in RuntimeMeshComponent.cpp and move it from above GetPhysicsTriMeshData() to above CreateNewBodySetup()

I have no idea whether this has any impact on physics in an actual shipping build, but it will get your project compiled and running a Development Editor build for the time being.

Edit: quick update - tried packaging a shipping Win64 build of the default map to which I added a runtime MeshSlicer BP. Works great; slices respond to player and projectile physics as expected.
                  Last edited by Ryvar; 12-03-2018, 08:21 PM.
                  Former Technical Designer @ Irrational Games, gone Indie.
                  Technical Designer for: Bioshock Infinite, Mars 2030
                  Programmer/VFX for: Perception, The Black Glove's Kickstarter
                  Voiceover Editor for: Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite

Comment

Thanks for the tip about moving the #if Ryvar, I was pretty stuck for a moment there...

Comment

When can we expect v4.21 support?
                      Also any new on the extended plugin version?

Comment

Originally posted by wilberolive View Post
                        [MENTION=141752]Koderz[/MENTION] - So I eventually got everything compiling and running. Those warnings from my previous post are still there though. Looks like the build files haven't been updated as needed.

I was so excited to upgrade as I thought I might finally get rid of that annoying bug I have... but to my great devastation, I'm still hitting that same exception breakpoint every time I try to use RMC for the first time. See my other previous post from a while ago about it. It breaks out to VS at some exception breakpoint in the engine code. I then have to click Continue to keep going. Then I can continue using RMC with no problems until I stop the current game and then click play again. Then it happens all over again. So frustrating when you have to click play, let it break to VS, click continue in VS, then go about testing your game... like 100 times a day.

I've tried different engine versions as well as creating new fresh projects. It was all working amazingly for me back in 4.14. Don't understand why I'm seemingly the only person hitting this problem, unless nobody else uses RMC in C++... surely not. If you use it just in BP then there is no issue.

I remember you saying that you fixed this issue... was that for v3 though?
                        I have the same isuue while I resolve it .The erro is I have not createDefaultSubobject ,To make the component in the constructor function . Hope it may help sombody! chinese guy jack!

Comment

Does this still have a marked improvement over Epic's ProceduralMeshComponent for basic, not updating a mesh every frame operations?
                          George Rolfe.
                          Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by duke22 View Post
                            Does this still have a marked improvement over Epic's ProceduralMeshComponent for basic, not updating a mesh every frame operations?
                            I assume as long as Epic didn't do any improvements. It was mentioned that Epic was working on an more performant solution, though I have no clue what happend to that.

Comment

Can somebody explain how to use Tessellation with RMC?

Comment

Working...
                              X