X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by rYuxq View Post
    No, I didnt do anything.
    I tested it again. I download the zip from github, replace my old folder with the new one and either build it from Visual Studio or just start the project
    You are the lucky one then, I guess.
    I'll just have to wait for stable release, as my builder highlites same old warnings and errors.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, I didnt do anything.
    I tested it again. I download the zip from github, replace my old folder with the new one and either build it from Visual Studio or just start the project

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rYuxq View Post
    It works for me in 4.17 (I pull from github)
    How? Did you make some fixes?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It works for me in 4.17 (I pull from github)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I downgraded UE to 4.16, and it still won't compile. What is latest compatible version?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wilberolive View Post
    Koderz - Did an update get submitted for 4.17 and we waiting on Epic again? 4.18 is about to land (my guess in next couple of weeks) and we don't have a 4.17 update yet. *sigh*
    haha I feel you bro
    im checking this thread every day - hoping RMC 4.17 got released

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, we're using the RuntimeMeshComponent, and I'm reading that there's a function for saving and loading it, but we can't for the lives of us find it. Could someone please point us in the right direction?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Koderz - Did an update get submitted for 4.17 and we waiting on Epic again? 4.18 is about to land (my guess in next couple of weeks) and we don't have a 4.17 update yet. *sigh*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    Migrated my project from 4.15 to 4.17.1 and there are many errors. Many of which are already listed in the pull request on the github repo for this. I was able to work through most of them except this one -

1>D:\GameDesign\UE_4.17\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject/Class.h(655): error C2280: 'FRuntimeMeshComponentPrePhysicsTickFunction &FRuntimeMeshComponentPrePhysicsTickFunction:perator =(const FRuntimeMeshComponentPrePhysicsTickFunction &)': attempting to reference a deleted function
    1>D:\GameDesign\KoreShanty-4.17\Plugins\RuntimeMeshComponent_v2.0\Source\RuntimeMeshComponent\Public\RuntimeMeshComponent.h(69): note: compiler has generated 'FRuntimeMeshComponentPrePhysicsTickFunction:perator =' here
    1>D:\GameDesign\UE_4.17\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject/Class.h(990): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'bool CopyOrNot<CPPSTRUCT>(CPPSTRUCT *,const CPPSTRUCT *,int32)' being compiled

Any ideas how I can fix this?
    Added
    Code:
    template<>
    struct  TStructOpsTypeTraits<FRuntimeMeshComponentPrePhysicsTickFunction> : public TStructOpsTypeTraitsBase2<FRuntimeMeshComponentPrePhysicsTickFunction>
    {
        enum { WithCopy = false };
    };
    after

FRuntimeMeshComponentPrePhysicsTickFunction structure.

Managed to build without errors, but dunno, am not a programer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey there.
    Trying to use the RuntimeMesh with https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/outliner. This material uses CustomDepth (Render CustomDepth Pass / CustomDepth Stencil Value) to create the outline. It is working with the RuntimeMesh as long as the RuntimeMesh is not fully Occluded (The ProceduralMeshComponent has issues as well, behaves even weirder than RuntimeMesh).

Screenshots out of Editor, not playing.
    Blue Outline = StaticMeshComponent
    Green Outline = RuntimeMeshComponent

Partially Occluded:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PartiallyOccluded.png Views:	1 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	1360011

Occluded but RuntimeMesh (Actor) still selected:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	OccludedSelcted.png Views:	1 Size:	31.3 KB ID:	1360012

Occluded, RuntimeMesh not selected:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	OccludedNotSelected.png Views:	1 Size:	29.6 KB ID:	1360013

Maybe this is related to the issue of Dustums:

Originally posted by Dustums View Post
    Hi everyone. I've been using Runtime Mesh Components for some time, and something has changed in my build (not sure when it changed). I have custom panels created with RMC, but they are not rendering in the Z PrePass (I'm pretty sure they used to, back in the 4.14 days?) I'm on 4.16 now, and using RenderDoc, I can see that they no longer are part of the depth pre-pass, and thus I'm getting a lot of overdraw, which is killing my performance. I have "Render in Main Pass" checked. Any ideas what could be wrong? Anything I should check? This is a VR app, so performance is crucial.
    You can also check this by using the render options with the editor viewport:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BufferVisualization.png
Views:	105
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1360027

A related thread for ProcedualMesh: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...325/index.html

Regards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rumbleball; 09-26-2017, 11:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Skifree View Post

Was this ever resolved? I just switched over from Procedural Mesh Components to RT Components and I have the same problem. Slicing creates new slices as expected, but the original mesh is unchanged...

I also only swapped out the basic ingredients and have run into this issue.
    This is the one remaining thing I want to look into before I push the 4.17 release. I hope to get to this tomorrow/Sunday.

Originally posted by a_prototype View Post
    Glad to hear that RMC is still in development!
    Looking forward to the 4.17 release.

As for me, i'd love to see more Mesh creation utilities available in blueprint (cylinder, sphere, capsule etc.).
    Also it would be super helpful to be able to get the index data for a raycast against a face. My current workaround is a bit hacky (each face (or quad) as its own section).
    I'll try to add additional utilities at some point, but I'm more focused on the core features for now. I'm up for submissions for utilities for things like this.
    As for being able to get the face index of a raycast... It's untested but it should be in the github version, as I believe I added the necessary supporting code for that last weekend.
    A section per quad is definitely beyond hacky as that's a draw call per quad.

Originally posted by mflux View Post
    Hi Koderz, excellent work I am currently using your plugin to develop my procedural buildings.

I noticed that generating tangents is very slow. I'm having trouble generating tangents myself in my own proc meshes. Is there a way to trick the material into using the derivative of a given normal to compute the tangent on the shader? Essentially, I want to still have correct looking normal maps without having to run the calculate tangent function.

Yeah, that function is horridly slow. Simply because it's doing common vertex detection the brute force, and therefor exceedingly slow way. It's basically a O(n^2) solution so it grows exponentially slower the larger the mesh. I have a new version in RMCv3. I might try to backport it to v2 until v3 is out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Koderz, excellent work I am currently using your plugin to develop my procedural buildings.

I noticed that generating tangents is very slow. I'm having trouble generating tangents myself in my own proc meshes. Is there a way to trick the material into using the derivative of a given normal to compute the tangent on the shader? Essentially, I want to still have correct looking normal maps without having to run the calculate tangent function.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Koderz, I have an issue with runtime mesh component, I have posted a thread in content creation here : Issue with creating a mesh in run time in UE4 using data from .obj and RuntimeMeshComponent - Unreal Engine Forums. Could you take a look ? If you can provide some comments and insight into the issue that would be great.
    Hello Folks, I am trying to create meshes from point clouds at run time, I can do the pre-processing and create a textured mesh with uvs etc. mapped and create .obj

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Koderz View Post
    So I can prioritize things, I'm curious to know what features you're most interested in?
    Glad to hear that RMC is still in development!
    Looking forward to the 4.17 release.

As for me, i'd love to see more Mesh creation utilities available in blueprint (cylinder, sphere, capsule etc.).
    Also it would be super helpful to be able to get the index data for a raycast against a face. My current workaround is a bit hacky (each face (or quad) as its own section).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chupacabra View Post
    I'm having an issue using the slicing system in the latest marketplace version of RuntimeMeshComponent and I'm not entirely sure how to debug what's going on:

-I'm taking a static mesh (a wall, it's pretty much just a scaled cube), then in BeginPlay I'm using "Copy Runtime Mesh from Static Component"
    -I'm then slicing it down the middle with "Create Other Half" enabled and "Create New Section" selected.
    -When I make the slice I get this error in the log: "RuntimeMeshLog:Error: Section is not of legacy type."
    -The resulting slice seems to have worked for the newly created section, but nothing happens to the original Mesh Component

Pre Slice: (Red line is where I make the slice)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]120045[/ATTACH]

Post Slice: (I've moved the pieces apart to illustrate the problem, the purple slice is the newly create mesh)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]120046[/ATTACH]

I'm using the exact same blueprint logic that I used for using the inbuilt procedural mesh slicing, which visually works as expected but results in a lot of weird collision issues (hence why I'm looking to switch over to your plugin).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    Was this ever resolved? I just switched over from Procedural Mesh Components to RT Components and I have the same problem. Slicing creates new slices as expected, but the original mesh is unchanged...

I also only swapped out the basic ingredients and have run into this issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X