Survivor Vision - Help players explore your world with augmented sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey guys. I just wanted to drop in here and leave a message to inform you that the UE4 forums, in their current form, offer a pretty poor platform for the purpose of support. I have been unable to get response notifications and such to be reliable, and the forums themselves are cumbersome and clunky. As such I will be essentially abandoning the forums and instead concentrating on my own support platforms, which are available here:

Email: support@dapperraptor.xyz
    Support Portal: http://support.dapperraptor.xyz
    Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Fx2B6Q9

All of my products will continue to be updated, and where possible, new features will be added, so please do not take the lack of posts here as a sign that content is dead. I will probably check the forums every few months, but I would strongly recommend utilising one of the above support avenues to contact me for timely and reliable responses. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys. Just letting you know that a short feature overview video, covering the two new features in version 1.3 of Survivor Vision (exclusive xray mode, and dynamic highlighting) was just made public on my YouTube Channel. As always, thanks for the support and be sure to drop me a line via http://support.dapperraptor.xyz with any issues!

Last edited by apoisonedgift; 08-20-2017, 12:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic have informed me that the update for Survivor Vision including the ability to highlight specific focus items (on mouseover or using linetraces) as well as the ability to do exclusive Xray effects (ie. only highlight parts of an item that are hidden) is now live on the launcher I will be publishing a video on YouTube in the next day or two covering the update and how to use the new features, but for those who want to mess with it and experiment themselves, it is now available. Thanks for your patience in this matter

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys. Just letting you know that the Survivor Vision has been tested under 4.17 and appears to run and act entirely as intended without alteration. As such, I have gone ahead and marked it as 4.17 compatible on the marketplace, allowing the creation of 4.17 projects through the launcher (Gumroad and Itch.io have also had 4.17 downloads uploaded). As always, if you run into any issues running under this version, or any other for that matter, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Cheers.

Please note that Epic still have not processed the submitted update mentioned in the prior post. Epic have stated their current response time is between 1 and 2 weeks, so we should hopefully see the update applied sometime this week/early next week. Thanks for your understanding with this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome, very welcome updates.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys. Just an update to let you know that a feature update for Survivor Vision has been uploaded to Gumroad and Itch.io, as well as submitted to Epic Games for processing. This update take the pack to version 1.3 and adds two main functions, both of which have been highly requested lately.

Highlighting ONLY obfuscated edges/items
    This addition to the material settings allows developers to use Survivor Vision to highlight items hidden behind other items, without the visible portions being highlighted. As with all other features, this can be don separately on the outline and fill, so you can have a fill that is visible all the time, with an outline that is only visible behind other objects, or any of the combinations you can come up with. Here's a quick image of some possibilities below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tihwmKLDQruRJDqL01ds_Q.png
Views:	1
Size:	669.0 KB
ID:	1132024

Using the mouse cursor or line traces to highlight items separately
    One use of a system like Survivor Vision that is a little outside it's original intent is that of in a puzzle game, or something where you use the mouse to interact with object. Survivor Vision now has a native system that allows you to specify it to work with mouseover effects. What's more, you can now set it up so items can be highlighted by Survivor Vision with one effect, and a different effect when you mouse over them! This also goes for linetraces from the player's camera, allowing a better interactive prompt similar to that seen in first person shooters and survival games. This should also resolve conflicts between Survivor Vision with other packages as you can now rely on Survivor Vision 100% for your item highlighting needs!

A new video covering these features and how to use them will be uploaded to my YouTube channel in the next few days/week As always, thanks for your time and support!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It ended a few days ago, but I've been afk due to some personal stuff... The sale on Survivor Vision is now over. Thanks to all those who picked up the pack! Look forward to seeing your work with it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a reminder that there is only another 2 days to grab Survivor Vision at 40% off for this sale

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As of today, Survivor Vision is on sale for 40% off (making the current price $14.99) on the UE4 Marketplace, Gumroad and itch.io!

Both the UE4 Marketplace and Itch.io are automatically applied. If you want to purchase it via gumroad, please use the discount code june2017 or purchase via this link: gum.co/ue4sv/june2017

Sale will run until the end of the month! Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just wanted to drop in and let you guys know that I've uploaded ALL of my products to Gumroad as well as Itch.io.

Why have I done this?

A number of customers have expressed that they wanted to be able to support me more than just purchasing my content on the marketplace. I do have a patreon, but that is currently undergoing a bit of a redesign and changing up all the perks and such, and I don't really like pushing that on people because it feels weird haha. However, sites like Gumroad and Itch.io allow me alternative marketplaces to sell my work where I keep a slightly higher percentage of the sale (as Epic take 30%). As such, for those who are looking for a way to support me a bit more, I will be pointing them to these outlets for purchasing my work, as it makes no difference to the user's wallet, but does result in a little more for me to keep. I have no desire to force people onto these alternate marketplaces, and I will continue to release my content via the UE4 marketplace, this simple offers a few difference choices for end users to pick from.

What is different when buying on the other marketplaces?

There are a few differences... Most noticeably, the content you purchase of mine will not appear in the launcher if you go via these marketplaces. Instead you will have ongoing access to a download repository of all versions of the product you purchase that are available. Content will actually be updated more quickly on these alternative marketplaces due to Epic's update procedure (hopefully this will be changing in the future but currently, we have to work with what Epic have). Aside from this, you will receive the same example projects and such as available on the marketplace. In my opinion, as it stands, the UE4 marketplace is an inferior platform to both Gumroad and Itch.io for both sellers and customers, but the UE4 marketplace is far more convenient. So either choice is fine, pick whichever you are most comfortable with!

I've given links below to my content on both sites, as well as updated the OPs of all my products with links to these sites. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask away, either here, via my dedicated support portal, or join my support discord! Thanks for the continued support guys and I look forward to sharing future work with you soon!

Dapper Raptor Development on Itch.io

Dapper Raptor Development on Gumroad

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys. Survivor Vision has been tested under UE4 4.16 which has just released and appears to all be in working order without any changes necessary. As such I have gone ahead and marked the pack as compatible meaning you can now download it as a 4.16 project in the launcher. If you run into any issues with this pack running under 4.16, please let me know and I will be sure to investigate! Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a notice for anyone who's been keeping an eye on Survivor Vision - the pack is currently on sale until April 30th! You can save 40% by purchasing Survivor Vision during this week!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys. So I'm considering releasing a bundle with several of my products together and would love to get some feedback from anyone who has my products, or has considered them. If you have a couple of minutes, I'd really appreciate heading over to the survey linked below and filling it out There is a question asking if you would like to share your email address with me for future release information, however it is 100% optional. No personal information is provided to me from your results, unless you yourself write it in there, but I did set it to require a login to a google account to discourage people trying to submit answers multiple times Anyways, for those that do take the time to fill this out it is very much appreciated!

Survey Link: https://goo.gl/forms/RlYsrnuHchKnflAA3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a little notice to let you guys know that Survivor Vision is now on sale for 30% off until February the 28th! Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kevdotward View Post
    On the subject of 4.15, so you have any plans to use Gameplay tags rather than actor tags? They look like they would be perfect with this system and prevent missing effects due to typos (like I seem to remember happening in one of your tutorial videos ), but with the downside that it would break backward compatibility and be unusable with 4.14 or earlier projects.
    I'll be entirely honest and admit I haven't had a chance to actually look at the upgrades included in 4.15, but I will take a look into them and get back to you Cheers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X