Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character Stats Kit - Over 40 nodes to power your Skill point, Exp, Reputation and stats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    35% off on the marketplace right now!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...acterstats-kit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kaotix View Post
    Great! Please Explain How to install in a couple minutes with components please.
    Tutorial is here: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...acterstats-kit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Panda Studios View Post
    It's plug and play, installed in a couple minutes with components(which means you get to keep your current character/pawn/controller!)
    Great! Please Explain How to install in a couple minutes with components please.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Changelog V1.5

FIX: Issue where level bar might not have shown up in multiplayer games
    UPDATE: 4.13 compatibility (Change one node that's deprecated)

ETA till live on marketplace: Unknown
    ETA till live on Itch: Now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did, and it is very useful.

It took awhile for me to realize that it was the save file that broke everything when I just started experimenting around with it.
    But it is all good now.

Thank you for your hard work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still on sale!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Our Character Stats Kit is part of the Summer sale! Grab it for 20% off at https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...acterstats-kit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by conFIGured View Post
    I am having this same issue. I converted to source to build a dedicated server, installed substance plugin, made a bunch of new classes for my game, changed the stats around as well. No compile errors, everything works perfect other than I get no stats listed in my stat box. I also get no skills rep stats in the box. I tried pressing K to show/hide to refresh, which works, but still no stats. I also tried to refresh the node in PlayerCharacter and still no stats.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Also note this is a migration into my own personal controller, character. The UI is panda's again, the UI works, just no information in any of the 3 tabs in the stat box.

EDIT: Also note that the migration was done prior to changing to source for server build. It did work prior to going to source.

Thank you

EDIT: Fixed it, I misread your save game issue on stats. So FORWARNING
    """4. I Changed defaults values, added a class, etc but it doesn't reflect in my character.
    Delete the save file located in /saved/savegames and delete the save file that holds the info, if the issue still persists contact us."""""

Fixes your stats in the window if you make any changes.

Thank you!!!
    No problem, if you've got any issues you're free to ask!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rioratt99 View Post
    I figured it out. I didn't have a parent call for Begin Play in my Player Controller. Thanks!
    Ah, yeah that's an important node to call!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, this issue sounds odd. Have you added the save component from the game state?
    another possible issue is that the savefiles of GS and CSK are named the same.
    I figured it out. I didn't have a parent call for Begin Play in my Player Controller. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Cole,

Glad you got it working. We'll see if we can reproduce this issue ourselves and check if it's an issue in the pack or not
    If you have other questions or issues, let us know!

I am having this same issue. I converted to source to build a dedicated server, installed substance plugin, made a bunch of new classes for my game, changed the stats around as well. No compile errors, everything works perfect other than I get no stats listed in my stat box. I also get no skills rep stats in the box. I tried pressing K to show/hide to refresh, which works, but still no stats. I also tried to refresh the node in PlayerCharacter and still no stats.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Also note this is a migration into my own personal controller, character. The UI is panda's again, the UI works, just no information in any of the 3 tabs in the stat box.

EDIT: Also note that the migration was done prior to changing to source for server build. It did work prior to going to source.

Thank you

EDIT: Fixed it, I misread your save game issue on stats. So FORWARNING
    """4. I Changed defaults values, added a class, etc but it doesn't reflect in my character.
    Delete the save file located in /saved/savegames and delete the save file that holds the info, if the issue still persists contact us."""""

Fixes your stats in the window if you make any changes.

Thank you!!!
    Last edited by conFIGured; 08-13-2016, 11:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rioratt99 View Post
    I am having an issue that im sure is project specific. I followed the implementation tutorial and everything seems to be working. The problem is I have a save system setup for my character mesh and weapon load out. Since I added in the stats system it no longer loads my info off my character save game. Im sure it has to do with adding in this save component. Im combining this with Generic Shooter and it wont load my character info. Any help is much appreciated!
    Hey, this issue sounds odd. Have you added the save component from the game state?
    another possible issue is that the savefiles of GS and CSK are named the same.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am having an issue that im sure is project specific. I followed the implementation tutorial and everything seems to be working. The problem is I have a save system setup for my character mesh and weapon load out. Since I added in the stats system it no longer loads my info off my character save game. Im sure it has to do with adding in this save component. Im combining this with Generic Shooter and it wont load my character info. Any help is much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by frostyshield View Post
    Hi can I only use certain things like say Health, XP, Armour, Stealth, Reputation? Just highly interested in this for a stealth game 1-4 Players. This will be a payday 2 type game so if this system will fit perfectly with that type of game I'll buy it in a heartbeat
    Hi,

Nope it's basically limited to your imagination.
    You have Bars(which is for items like; health, mana, stamina, hunger, thirst), Stats(for items like; Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, etc) and Expierence(for any expierence type you need such as; level, reputation, crafting levels etc)

These however are limited to your imagination and what you can think of to use them for, you can make unlimited amount of different items of each type and what you do with them. Each type has a wide variety of nodes that influence and can change those values in the types.

So short answer; Yes, you sure can! All you got to do is make a class with all the stats, bars and exp you need, then create a UMG for it and use all 40+ nodes to use the system!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi can I only use certain things like say Health, XP, Armour, Stealth, Reputation? Just highly interested in this for a stealth game 1-4 Players. This will be a payday 2 type game so if this system will fit perfectly with that type of game I'll buy it in a heartbeat

Leave a comment:

Working...
X