Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character Stats Kit - Over 40 nodes to power your Skill point, Exp, Reputation and stats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having an issue that im sure is project specific. I followed the implementation tutorial and everything seems to be working. The problem is I have a save system setup for my character mesh and weapon load out. Since I added in the stats system it no longer loads my info off my character save game. Im sure it has to do with adding in this save component. Im combining this with Generic Shooter and it wont load my character info. Any help is much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by rioratt99 View Post
      I am having an issue that im sure is project specific. I followed the implementation tutorial and everything seems to be working. The problem is I have a save system setup for my character mesh and weapon load out. Since I added in the stats system it no longer loads my info off my character save game. Im sure it has to do with adding in this save component. Im combining this with Generic Shooter and it wont load my character info. Any help is much appreciated!
      Hey, this issue sounds odd. Have you added the save component from the game state?
      another possible issue is that the savefiles of GS and CSK are named the same.
      Marketplace Asset - Economy Kit; Marketplace Asset - Notification Kit; Marketplace Asset - Achievepedia; Marketplace Asset - Player Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Photomode;
      Marketplace Asset - Interaction Kit; Marketplace Asset - Turret Kit; Marketplace Asset - Character Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Smooth Camera Kit; Plugin - Toggl Plugin;
      Hire us here; Panda Studios, Game development company.; Official Unreal Engine Game Jam Sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by Panda Studios View Post
        Hey Cole,

Glad you got it working. We'll see if we can reproduce this issue ourselves and check if it's an issue in the pack or not
        If you have other questions or issues, let us know!

I am having this same issue. I converted to source to build a dedicated server, installed substance plugin, made a bunch of new classes for my game, changed the stats around as well. No compile errors, everything works perfect other than I get no stats listed in my stat box. I also get no skills rep stats in the box. I tried pressing K to show/hide to refresh, which works, but still no stats. I also tried to refresh the node in PlayerCharacter and still no stats.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Also note this is a migration into my own personal controller, character. The UI is panda's again, the UI works, just no information in any of the 3 tabs in the stat box.

EDIT: Also note that the migration was done prior to changing to source for server build. It did work prior to going to source.

Thank you

EDIT: Fixed it, I misread your save game issue on stats. So FORWARNING
        """4. I Changed defaults values, added a class, etc but it doesn't reflect in my character.
        Delete the save file located in /saved/savegames and delete the save file that holds the info, if the issue still persists contact us."""""

Fixes your stats in the window if you make any changes.

Thank you!!!
        Last edited by conFIGured; 08-13-2016, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Hey, this issue sounds odd. Have you added the save component from the game state?
          another possible issue is that the savefiles of GS and CSK are named the same.
          I figured it out. I didn't have a parent call for Begin Play in my Player Controller. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rioratt99 View Post
            I figured it out. I didn't have a parent call for Begin Play in my Player Controller. Thanks!
            Ah, yeah that's an important node to call!
            Marketplace Asset - Economy Kit; Marketplace Asset - Notification Kit; Marketplace Asset - Achievepedia; Marketplace Asset - Player Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Photomode;
            Marketplace Asset - Interaction Kit; Marketplace Asset - Turret Kit; Marketplace Asset - Character Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Smooth Camera Kit; Plugin - Toggl Plugin;
            Hire us here; Panda Studios, Game development company.; Official Unreal Engine Game Jam Sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by conFIGured View Post
              I am having this same issue. I converted to source to build a dedicated server, installed substance plugin, made a bunch of new classes for my game, changed the stats around as well. No compile errors, everything works perfect other than I get no stats listed in my stat box. I also get no skills rep stats in the box. I tried pressing K to show/hide to refresh, which works, but still no stats. I also tried to refresh the node in PlayerCharacter and still no stats.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Also note this is a migration into my own personal controller, character. The UI is panda's again, the UI works, just no information in any of the 3 tabs in the stat box.

EDIT: Also note that the migration was done prior to changing to source for server build. It did work prior to going to source.

Thank you

EDIT: Fixed it, I misread your save game issue on stats. So FORWARNING
              """4. I Changed defaults values, added a class, etc but it doesn't reflect in my character.
              Delete the save file located in /saved/savegames and delete the save file that holds the info, if the issue still persists contact us."""""

Fixes your stats in the window if you make any changes.

Thank you!!!
              No problem, if you've got any issues you're free to ask!

Comment

Our Character Stats Kit is part of the Summer sale! Grab it for 20% off at https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...acterstats-kit

Comment

Still on sale!

Comment

I did, and it is very useful.

It took awhile for me to realize that it was the save file that broke everything when I just started experimenting around with it.
                    But it is all good now.

Thank you for your hard work.

Comment

Changelog V1.5

FIX: Issue where level bar might not have shown up in multiplayer games
                      UPDATE: 4.13 compatibility (Change one node that's deprecated)

ETA till live on marketplace: Unknown
                      ETA till live on Itch: Now

Comment

It's plug and play, installed in a couple minutes with components(which means you get to keep your current character/pawn/controller!)
                        Great! Please Explain How to install in a couple minutes with components please.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaotix View Post
                          Great! Please Explain How to install in a couple minutes with components please.
                          Tutorial is here: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...acterstats-kit

Comment

35% off on the marketplace right now!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...acterstats-kit

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the link to the tutorial video. It helped a lot.

Now, Is this compatible with Multiplayer? Because, I am getting Runtime errors when I hit Play after I switch multiplayer mode to more than one. I even tried to create a new third person project, then set the game mode to your Example stats gamemode (which sets the controller, character, and gamestate to your stats ones.) and it still gives me the same runtime errors after I switch the multiplayer mode.

Here is a copy of the errors that I get:

Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG from function: 'ExecuteUbergraph_StatsComponent' from node: Construct UMG in graph: EventGraph in object: StatsComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG
                              Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG from function: 'Setup' from node: Set StatComponent in graph: Setup in object: StatsComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG
                              Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None attempting to assign variable on an object from function: 'Setup' from node: Set StatComponent in graph: Setup in object: StatsComponent with description: Accessed None attempting to assign variable on an object
                              Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property StatsUMG from function: 'ExecuteUbergraph_StatCharacter' from node: Add to Viewport in graph: EventGraph in object: StatCharacter with description: Accessed None trying to read property StatsUMG
                              Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG from function: 'ExecuteUbergraph_StatsComponent' from node: Construct UMG in graph: EventGraph in object: StatsComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG
                              Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG from function: 'ExecuteUbergraph_StatsComponent' from node: Force Refresh in graph: EventGraph in object: StatsComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG
                              Last edited by Kaotix; 10-24-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

CHANGELOG V1.6

Asset updated to 4.14

Changes:
                                Bug where you receive accessed none should be resolved now.

Time till live on Itch: Now
                                Time till live on marketplace: Sent mail with files

Comment

Working...
                                X