Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character Stats Kit - Over 40 nodes to power your Skill point, Exp, Reputation and stats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by behrtron View Post
    *EDIT**
    i was able to get my Stats to Show once i Called the "Local Force Refresh" node, so it all works now.

Hello, i have recently purchased this and i love it, your work is always clean and easy to use, i am however having trouble with the class defaults, i have created a list of defaults for a "Mage" Class, but when i test it, the stat box does not show any of the stats. when starting as a mage i tried changing the ID number to create a fresh file to start with and still no luck, the Ranger Class However works perfectly so i tried to basically mirror the class defaults to see if it were something there and still no luck, I am wondering if there's something I am missing?
    thanks,
    Cole
    Hey Cole,

Glad you got it working. We'll see if we can reproduce this issue ourselves and check if it's an issue in the pack or not
    If you have other questions or issues, let us know!
    Marketplace Asset - Economy Kit; Marketplace Asset - Notification Kit; Marketplace Asset - Achievepedia; Marketplace Asset - Player Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Photomode;
    Marketplace Asset - Interaction Kit; Marketplace Asset - Turret Kit; Marketplace Asset - Character Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Smooth Camera Kit; Plugin - Toggl Plugin;
    Hire us here; Panda Studios, Game development company.; Official Unreal Engine Game Jam Sponsor

Comment

Releasing today on the marketplace!
      Marketplace Asset - Economy Kit; Marketplace Asset - Notification Kit; Marketplace Asset - Achievepedia; Marketplace Asset - Player Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Photomode;
      Marketplace Asset - Interaction Kit; Marketplace Asset - Turret Kit; Marketplace Asset - Character Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Smooth Camera Kit; Plugin - Toggl Plugin;
      Hire us here; Panda Studios, Game development company.; Official Unreal Engine Game Jam Sponsor

Comment

We have released!

Comment

CHANGELOG V1.3

Fixed: Issue when having no HP or Mana that the UMG breaks
          Fixed: Issue when not having a Level that the level bar stays
          Fixed: Issue when having a different class than ranger that the skills don't update

ETA till live on own store: Live now
          ETA till live on marketplace: Submitted, no timeframe

Comment

this is awesome, def going to add this to my library

Comment

We're getting some questions lately so we're setting up a F.A.Q. for this kit.

If you have questions, read these first:

1. Where can i change the classes?
              The classes are stored in /Content/CharacterStatsKit/Blueprints/DataTable, in there open the DefaultsTable and change the rows.

2. How do I add classes?
              You can add them by adding a row in the above DataTable, setting the RowName and Class value to the exact same name and by going to Content/CharacterStatsKit/Blueprints/Enums and opening 'classes' and by adding the identical name as the RowName.

3. How do i add types of skills, levels or bars?
              In Content/CharacterStatsKit/Blueprints/Enums you see Bars, Classes, ExpType and Stats,. In there are all the different names/types/classes and stats for you to change and/or add.

4. I Changed defaults values, added a class, etc but it doesn't reflect in my character.
              Delete the save file located in /saved/savegames and delete the save file that holds the info, if the issue still persists contact us.

Comment

Hello, i would like to know if this kit can also be use for enemy ai characters because i am planning to have a few different damage interaction (eg between different type of armors and elemental resist) for my game.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ArifAmirul View Post
                  Hello, i would like to know if this kit can also be use for enemy ai characters because i am planning to have a few different damage interaction (eg between different type of armors and elemental resist) for my game.

Thank you in advance.
                  Hey,

Sorry for the late answer; This should work on AI, however some adjustments might need to be made to ensure it works without the respective UMG too.

Comment

Got this pack from the market place, works great with 1 issue i'm having that I can't seem to remedy. I can't seem to get the level bar to populate no mater what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Holotypes View Post
                      Got this pack from the market place, works great with 1 issue i'm having that I can't seem to remedy. I can't seem to get the level bar to populate no mater what I do.
                      Hey Holotypes,

Thanks for the feedback! This issue might be related to a previous update, we made sure it won't show up if your class has no "Level" bar type. Can you share your playerclass(ranger, warrior, etc) setup in the datatable so we can look at it and see if the issue is there?

Comment

Changelog V1.4

ETA till live on Itch.io: 2 hours
                        ETA till live on marketplace: Unknown

Fix: Fixed bug where when consuming bar value it would check previous value in order to determine empty or not.
                        Add: New node to reset a specific stat back to it's default
                        Add: New node to retrieve max bar value

Click image for larger version

Name:	NewNodes.png
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1112671

Comment

Originally posted by Panda Studios View Post
                          Hey Holotypes,

Thanks for the feedback! This issue might be related to a previous update, we made sure it won't show up if your class has no "Level" bar type. Can you share your playerclass(ranger, warrior, etc) setup in the datatable so we can look at it and see if the issue is there?
                          Ya, I figured that's what it was. Got it all working again, thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

Originally posted by Holotypes View Post
                            Ya, I figured that's what it was. Got it all working again, thanks for the quick reply!
                            Glad you got it fixed!

Comment

Hi can I only use certain things like say Health, XP, Armour, Stealth, Reputation? Just highly interested in this for a stealth game 1-4 Players. This will be a payday 2 type game so if this system will fit perfectly with that type of game I'll buy it in a heartbeat

Comment

Originally posted by frostyshield View Post
                                Hi can I only use certain things like say Health, XP, Armour, Stealth, Reputation? Just highly interested in this for a stealth game 1-4 Players. This will be a payday 2 type game so if this system will fit perfectly with that type of game I'll buy it in a heartbeat
                                Hi,

Nope it's basically limited to your imagination.
                                You have Bars(which is for items like; health, mana, stamina, hunger, thirst), Stats(for items like; Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, etc) and Expierence(for any expierence type you need such as; level, reputation, crafting levels etc)

These however are limited to your imagination and what you can think of to use them for, you can make unlimited amount of different items of each type and what you do with them. Each type has a wide variety of nodes that influence and can change those values in the types.

So short answer; Yes, you sure can! All you got to do is make a class with all the stats, bars and exp you need, then create a UMG for it and use all 40+ nodes to use the system!

Comment

Working...
                                X