Smart Spline Generator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slavq View Post
    The tool is built purely on Blueprints and (if I'm not mistaken) it's not possible to access/alter mesh vertex color data from Blueprints - so I can't implement any automatic vertex color generation, unfortunately. However, after converting generated asset into a static mesh via UE Merge Actors tool, you can always edit it in 3D app and paint vertex colors there.
    Indeed, I didn't thought about that way.
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    - [Marketplace] Sci-fi and Glitch Post-process
    - [Tutorial] Anamorphic Bloom
    - [Tutorial] True First Person Camera
    - [Tutorial] Realtime Distance Field textures
    - [Tutorial] Seamless Portals

Twitter - Portfolio

Comment

Is it ripoff from one of Unreal Engine stream?

Comment

Originally posted by Sadaleus View Post
        Is it ripoff from one of Unreal Engine stream?
        No, but I guess you mean one of the streams where they showed their internal vine generator used for Paragon that also aligned to surfaces. Well, if making a surface-aware asset generator that also includes vine generation would be considered as a 'ripoff' then something would be wrong You see, surface-aligning generation is nothing new and I even remember a 3dsMax plugin that generated ivy from couple of years ago. ... And to completely soothe your curiosity, I've started working on this tool long before the stream appeared, back in 2015 - originally it was meant to be a part of my previous Dynamic Tree & Plant Generator, as an automatic ivy growing around generated trees - but it evolved into this separate product.

Comment

[MENTION=217297]salad[/MENTION]eus
          Pizza hut is a ripoff of pizza recipe and people buy.
          We buy markplace items for saved times even if they are a tutorials.

Btw. You spline generator look very good i hate put fences by hand.

Does it work in terrains??
          Last edited by DomusLudus; 07-02-2016, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by erWilly View Post
            Btw. You spline generator look very good i hate put fences by hand.

Does it work in terrains??
            Thanks!
            Yes, it works with any collision-enabled surfaces, also with terrains/landscapes. For example, the fences shown in the video were placed on a landscape.

Comment

4.11?

Does this project work with 4.11 or only 4.12? Have not upgraded to 4.12 yet but interested in buying it.

C

Comment

Originally posted by MrMrC View Post
                Does this project work with 4.11 or only 4.12? Have not upgraded to 4.12 yet but interested in buying it.

C
                Only 4.12+. I have some older projects with early WIP versions of this tool, but they're not suitable for distribution (lots of bugs and, obviously, lack of some features) Additionally, the UE Merge Actors tool which is important for the generator came out of experimental phase in 4.12. Also, it's not possible to downgrade a project to previous versions, so unfortunately I can't do anything about this.

Comment

after exit all splines change their form. What i do wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by RockyRock View Post
                    after exit all splines change their form. What i do wrong?
                    To save generated asset, please convert it into static mesh - this is also recommended to have a good performance. It's just a few clicks and you can see how to do it in the Maps\Documentation_Merging level.
                    PS. When you convert it with 'Replace Source Actors' enabled, your generator blueprint will be automatically replaced with static mesh, which can be handy.

Comment

Very useful tool, I'll be getting this soon. =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Originally posted by Slavq View Post
                        To save generated asset, please convert it into static mesh - this is also recommended to have a good performance. It's just a few clicks and you can see how to do it in the Maps\Documentation_Merging level.
                        PS. When you convert it with 'Replace Source Actors' enabled, your generator blueprint will be automatically replaced with static mesh, which can be handy.
                        Thank you a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                          Very useful tool, I'll be getting this soon. =)
                          Thanks, I hope you'll like it! ^^

Comment

cool pack. If we drop the fences in, can we activate spline mode & select/move a particular node around?

Comment

Originally posted by duyth View Post
                              cool pack. If we drop the fences in, can we activate spline mode & select/move a particular node around?
                              Thanks! No, for now it would snap any points back to surface beneath, after trying to operate on them. In most cases, generated spline points are too dense anyway - they need to be, to conform to any terrain by properly detecting sharp edges, corners, etc. Additionally, spline meshes are not distributed from point to point (start mesh point on spline point 0, end mesh point on spline point 1, and so on) but are segmented based on spline time (spline distance 0.0-1.0) to take into account parameters like mesh amount ratio.
                              One way to make adjustments to already generated mesh is to edit it in 3D app after converting into static mesh.

Comment

(A small hotfix is available, it fixes some warnings that were spamming the output log when packaging.)

Comment

Working...
                                X