Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rama's Melee Weapon Plugin, Custom C++ PhysX Coding For You! ♥ Rama

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    "Rama how can we use C++ plugins with a custom Engine Version?"

    Dear Community,

    I got this question recently and figured it would be beneficial to post for everyone's general understanding:

    " Is there any instruction on how to compile the melee plugin with Visual Studio so that it works with the GitHub version?.

    Thanks so much for your amazing plugins, I'm excited to start working with your melee system."

    You're welcome!

    The UE4 Marketplace puts downloaded plugins at the engine level and they are thus available to all projects.

    Plugins are installed to ReleaseEngineVersion/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace.

    To easily re-compile my plugin with a custom engine version, simply move my plugin out of Marketplace at the engine level and into YourProject/Plugins

    Now when you compile your project, it will compile the plugin too!

    I recommend this over moving to your engine/plugins cause then you'd have to recompile your whole engine

    Enjoy!

    Rama
    UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

    ♥ Rama

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by janpec (via pm)
      Hey Rama, i have question in regards to your combat system. I noticed that there is implementation of shield blocking, but i am wondering if your system can be scaled to be using weapon-weapon blocking aswell, similar the way Mount and Blade is handling it.
      Yes in my melee weapon plugin you can specify that weapons can block each other!



      Rama
      UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

      ♥ Rama

      Comment


        #18
        sorry Rama
        You mentioned about Physx, do we need to support Physx in our projects to utilise this ? Or ..does this run with AMD cards

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by duyth View Post
          sorry Rama
          You mentioned about Physx, do we need to support Physx in our projects to utilise this ? Or ..does this run with AMD cards
          If PhysX is working for you in your project than my plugin should work too.

          Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss further

          Rama
          UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

          ♥ Rama

          Comment


            #20
            Dear Community,

            In this video I show you how to set up a two headed axe with two individual parts that do damage, using the UE4 physics asset editor!



            Rama

            UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

            ♥ Rama

            Comment


              #21
              Melee Plugin Update for 4.12 - 4.14 ~ Bug Fix

              Dear Community,

              I've fixed a bug in the Melee plugin where if you did not set a skeletal mesh prior to game start, or changed it to a completely different physics setup during runtime, the component would not trace correctly.

              Now you can call SetSkeletalMesh anytime during runtime and I fully update the inner workings of the Rama Melee Weapon.

              In C++ see RamaMeleeWeapon::UpdateSwingPoseBodies(); in my latest update!

              Enjoy!



              Rama
              UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

              ♥ Rama

              Comment


                #22
                Rama - Just bought your plugin - it is working great! Very easy to use. I had implemented a similar system using just traces from the tip/base of the weapon in the past, but this time around I decided to just use your plugin. Very happy so far....

                But now that I am getting accurate bone/weapon collisions.... my issue is getting the actual weapon animation to hit the target.

                e.g. The arc of my sword swing may be too high or too low depending on the target mesh and character positions involved.

                Do you have any thoughts on this - should I use some kind of IK to adjust the swing at runtime? Perhaps the builtin 2-Bone IK node or maybe something like Ikinema?

                Basically, I want to adjust the swing to aim at a hitbox or bone on the targetmesh.

                Thanks for any thoughts/advice
                https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

                Comment


                  #23
                  Hey Rama - Also - a feature request....

                  When the weapon makes contact, it would be very helpful to get the normal of the swing arc - this is different than the hit normal.

                  eg when hitting a wall, the hit normal is always perpendicular to the wall. But early in the swing the arc normal points more forward, whereas at the midpoint the arc normal points points perpendicular to the forward vector.

                  Ideally, the force to be applied at the contact point is not the hit normal, but rather the swing normal at the point of impact.

                  Thanks again
                  https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Update - For those interested, it is easy to calculate the swing arc normal:
                    1) Add a socket to the tip of all weapon skeletons
                    2) Each frame, the swing arc normal is just the difference between the current tip location and the previous tip location (normalized)
                    3) Store current tip location as last tip location.


                    I have found the swing arc normal to be much more useful than the impact normal, which is just the normal of the surface at the impact point
                    https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by OptimisticMonkey View Post
                      Rama - Just bought your plugin - it is working great! Very easy to use. I had implemented a similar system using just traces from the tip/base of the weapon in the past, but this time around I decided to just use your plugin. Very happy so far....

                      But now that I am getting accurate bone/weapon collisions.... my issue is getting the actual weapon animation to hit the target.

                      e.g. The arc of my sword swing may be too high or too low depending on the target mesh and character positions involved.

                      Do you have any thoughts on this - should I use some kind of IK to adjust the swing at runtime? Perhaps the builtin 2-Bone IK node or maybe something like Ikinema?

                      Basically, I want to adjust the swing to aim at a hitbox or bone on the targetmesh.

                      Thanks for any thoughts/advice
                      I am happy you found a solution you like!

                      I recommend Fabrik (Anim BP node) , or you can use a Blend Space! Then you can do a angle check to target's body center or target body region and pass that angle into your aim offsets and trigger the body to adjust in a nice way, such is the topic of basic Procedural Animation concepts

                      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post160100

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApvYCqSuHTc





                      Rama
                      UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                      ♥ Rama

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by OptimisticMonkey View Post
                        Hey Rama - Also - a feature request....

                        When the weapon makes contact, it would be very helpful to get the normal of the swing arc - this is different than the hit normal.

                        eg when hitting a wall, the hit normal is always perpendicular to the wall. But early in the swing the arc normal points more forward, whereas at the midpoint the arc normal points points perpendicular to the forward vector.

                        Ideally, the force to be applied at the contact point is not the hit normal, but rather the swing normal at the point of impact.

                        Thanks again
                        That is a great point and a great request!

                        I've added it to my to-do list

                        And you're welcome!

                        Thanks for stopping by!



                        Rama
                        UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                        ♥ Rama

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Rama could you please do a quick tutorial on setting this up on pre-existing projects using class BP for multiple weapon types?

                          I fully understood the example video to set this up for one weapon, bound to the character, but that isn't a very likely situation for a multiplayer game.

                          Any help would be very much appreciated!

                          Comment


                            #28
                            I expected more colors in it.
                            Some cool unreal projects you may like!


                            Developer of GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game Buy the game google gladiators of the arena steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/7..._Of_The_Arena/

                            Download the demo Download the demo
                            external link Dropbox DropBox

                            Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Cool, useful stuff as always Rama! Keep it up!

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Old-Crow View Post
                                Rama could you please do a quick tutorial on setting this up on pre-existing projects using class BP for multiple weapon types?

                                I fully understood the example video to set this up for one weapon, bound to the character, but that isn't a very likely situation for a multiplayer game.

                                Any help would be very much appreciated!
                                In a recent patch you can simply use SetSkeletalMesh to change the weapon out for others, and you can associate a set of damaging shape info with each skeletal mesh, it's pretty simple any issues let me know

                                Originally posted by Neongho View Post
                                I expected more colors in it.
                                Hee hee! Nice to hear from you Neongho !

                                Originally posted by HaxO View Post
                                Cool, useful stuff as always Rama! Keep it up!
                                Hey there HaxO ! Thanks for the compliments! Have fun today!



                                Rama
                                UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                                ♥ Rama

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X