Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low Entry Plugins

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts


    Originally posted by LowEntry View Post

    Ooh it did? Weird it stopped working, since the code for 4.22 and 4.23 is the same. Maybe something in the engine changed in 4.23 causing it to not work anymore.
    Here a smart solution. It works only, when the user didn't change the default user documents path.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	ue4_winaliasconverter.png Views:	1 Size:	81.9 KB ID:	1670429
    Last edited by Daniel_Scholz; 10-03-2019, 01:47 AM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Daniel_Scholz View Post


      Here a smart solution. It works only, when the user didn't change the default user documents path.

      Click image for larger version Name:	ue4_winaliasconverter.png Views:	1 Size:	81.9 KB ID:	1670429
      Yeah that will work. It's not platform independent though. Btw why do you need the appdata path? Why not store your data in the folder the engine made/makes for user/game data?
      Created blueprints for:
      Network connections | JSON | XML | HTTP requests | Compression | Encryption | File system

      Also accepting freelance work (blueprint, UE4 C++, backend development, web development)
      https://lowentry.com/

      Comment


        Is there a version you're working on for 4.24 that we could grab early and help test?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
          Is there a version you're working on for 4.24 that we could grab early and help test?
          The 4.24 versions of the plugins have already been published to the marketplace right?
          Created blueprints for:
          Network connections | JSON | XML | HTTP requests | Compression | Encryption | File system

          Also accepting freelance work (blueprint, UE4 C++, backend development, web development)
          https://lowentry.com/

          Comment


            Not when I checked last night.

            Edit: yep, still no version available for 4.24.



            If they're on their way then no worries. Might take a week to pass review.
            Last edited by Antidamage; 12-10-2019, 03:17 PM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
              Not when I checked last night.

              Edit: yep, still no version available for 4.24.



              If they're on their way then no worries. Might take a week to pass review.
              That's weird, they should already be available on the marketplace.

              I also tried to install the 4.24 version of the extended standard library plugin and it worked.

              Maybe you need to update the epic games launcher?

              Edit: I just now see the screenshot. I'll try to see if I can install the 4.24 version of the json plugin.

              Edit 2: Yeah the json plugin installed as well, here's a screenshot:

              Click image for larger version  Name:	json_4_24.png Views:	0 Size:	222.2 KB ID:	1696575
              Last edited by LowEntry; 12-10-2019, 03:24 PM.
              Created blueprints for:
              Network connections | JSON | XML | HTTP requests | Compression | Encryption | File system

              Also accepting freelance work (blueprint, UE4 C++, backend development, web development)
              https://lowentry.com/

              Comment


                Man the launcher sucks. Cheers, I'll try clearing its caches or something.

                Comment


                  Hi guys. I'm trying to upgrade my project to 4.24 and having problems with the Low Entry Extended Standard Library:

                  This is the first error I get:

                  Code:
                  2>UnrealBuildTool : error : Unhandled exception: Tools.DotNETCommon.JsonParseException: Missing or invalid 'Type' field (in C:\Users\MattiaAffabris\Code\midgard\midgard\Plugins\LowEntryExtStdLib\LowEntryExtStdLib.uplugin)
                  It seems to refer to the `UncookedOnly` value for the `Type` key entry in the Editor's descriptor. Looking at the docs () indeed the UncookedOnly option isn't mentioned

                  Valid options are Runtime, RuntimeNoCommandlet, Developer, Editor, EditorNoCommandlet, and Program.
                  I can fix it by setting `Developer` instead, but then I get this error:

                  Code:
                  2>UnrealBuildTool : error : Could not find definition for module 'ToolMenus', (referenced via Target -> LowEntryExtendedStandardLibraryEditor.Build.cs)
                  What am I missing here?

                  EDIT: Nevermind, turns out that merging an updated UE4 branch into a non-updated one doesn't work out of the box. I had to regenerate the Visual Studio project files.
                  Last edited by Gliptal; 01-21-2020, 11:57 AM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Gliptal View Post
                    Hi guys. I'm trying to upgrade my project to 4.24 and having problems with the Low Entry Extended Standard Library:

                    This is the first error I get:

                    Code:
                    2>UnrealBuildTool : error : Unhandled exception: Tools.DotNETCommon.JsonParseException: Missing or invalid 'Type' field (in C:\Users\MattiaAffabris\Code\midgard\midgard\Plugins\LowEntryExtStdLib\LowEntryExtStdLib.uplugin)
                    It seems to refer to the `UncookedOnly` value for the `Type` key entry in the Editor's descriptor. Looking at the docs () indeed the UncookedOnly option isn't mentioned



                    I can fix it by setting `Developer` instead, but then I get this error:

                    Code:
                    2>UnrealBuildTool : error : Could not find definition for module 'ToolMenus', (referenced via Target -> LowEntryExtendedStandardLibraryEditor.Build.cs)
                    What am I missing here?

                    EDIT: Nevermind, turns out that merging an updated UE4 branch into a non-updated one doesn't work out of the box. I had to regenerate the Visual Studio project files.
                    Hi yeah, whenever anything in the code changes, whether it's engine or plugin code, you'll have to regenerate the visual studio project files. Sometimes you also have to delete the binaries, build, etc folders. I made and use a script for this which is:

                    Code:
                    echo off
                    cls
                    for /D %%s in ("%~dp0*") do (
                        IF EXIST %%s\*.uproject (
                            echo %%s\
                            rmdir "%%s\Binaries" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            rmdir "%%s\Build" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            rmdir "%%s\Intermediate" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            rmdir "%%s\Saved" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            rmdir "%%s\Resources" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            rmdir "%%s\.vs" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            rmdir "%%s\%%~ns.xcworkspace" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            del "%%s\*.VC.db" >nul 2>&1
                            del "%%s\*.sdf" >nul 2>&1
                            del "%%s\*.sln" >nul 2>&1
                            del "%%s\*.suo" >nul 2>&1
                            IF EXIST %%s\Source (
                                for /f %%f in ('dir /d /b "%%s\"') do (
                                    if /i "%%~xf"==".uproject" (
                                        CALL "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealVersionSelector.exe" /projectfiles "%%s\%%f"
                                        echo off
                                    )
                                )
                            )
                        )
                    )
                    Maybe that will be of use to you. Either way, good luck with your project!
                    Created blueprints for:
                    Network connections | JSON | XML | HTTP requests | Compression | Encryption | File system

                    Also accepting freelance work (blueprint, UE4 C++, backend development, web development)
                    https://lowentry.com/

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X