Low Entry Plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LowEntry View Post

Ooh it did? Weird it stopped working, since the code for 4.22 and 4.23 is the same. Maybe something in the engine changed in 4.23 causing it to not work anymore.
    Here a smart solution. It works only, when the user didn't change the default user documents path.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ue4_winaliasconverter.png Views:	1 Size:	81.9 KB ID:	1670429
    Last edited by Daniel_Scholz; 10-03-2019, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_Scholz View Post

Here a smart solution. It works only, when the user didn't change the default user documents path.

Click image for larger version Name:	ue4_winaliasconverter.png Views:	1 Size:	81.9 KB ID:	1670429
      Yeah that will work. It's not platform independent though. Btw why do you need the appdata path? Why not store your data in the folder the engine made/makes for user/game data?
      Created blueprints for:
      Network connections | JSON | XML | HTTP requests | Compression | Encryption | File system

Also accepting freelance work (web development, UE4, Java, etc) (just send us a problem or an idea and we'll think it out for you for free, no strings attached)
      https://lowentry.com/

Comment

Is there a version you're working on for 4.24 that we could grab early and help test?

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
          Is there a version you're working on for 4.24 that we could grab early and help test?
          The 4.24 versions of the plugins have already been published to the marketplace right?
          Created blueprints for:
          Network connections | JSON | XML | HTTP requests | Compression | Encryption | File system

Also accepting freelance work (web development, UE4, Java, etc) (just send us a problem or an idea and we'll think it out for you for free, no strings attached)

Comment

Not when I checked last night.

Edit: yep, still no version available for 4.24.

If they're on their way then no worries. Might take a week to pass review.
            Last edited by Antidamage; 12-10-2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
              Not when I checked last night.

Edit: yep, still no version available for 4.24.

If they're on their way then no worries. Might take a week to pass review.
              That's weird, they should already be available on the marketplace.

I also tried to install the 4.24 version of the extended standard library plugin and it worked.

Maybe you need to update the epic games launcher?

Edit: I just now see the screenshot. I'll try to see if I can install the 4.24 version of the json plugin.

Edit 2: Yeah the json plugin installed as well, here's a screenshot:

Click image for larger version  Name:	json_4_24.png Views:	0 Size:	222.2 KB ID:	1696575
              Last edited by LowEntry; 12-10-2019, 03:24 PM.
              Created blueprints for:

Comment

Man the launcher sucks. Cheers, I'll try clearing its caches or something.

Comment

Hi guys. I'm trying to upgrade my project to 4.24 and having problems with the Low Entry Extended Standard Library:

This is the first error I get:

Code:
                  2>UnrealBuildTool : error : Unhandled exception: Tools.DotNETCommon.JsonParseException: Missing or invalid 'Type' field (in C:\Users\MattiaAffabris\Code\midgard\midgard\Plugins\LowEntryExtStdLib\LowEntryExtStdLib.uplugin)
                  It seems to refer to the `UncookedOnly` value for the `Type` key entry in the Editor's descriptor. Looking at the docs () indeed the UncookedOnly option isn't mentioned

Valid options are Runtime, RuntimeNoCommandlet, Developer, Editor, EditorNoCommandlet, and Program.
                  I can fix it by setting `Developer` instead, but then I get this error:

Code:
                  2>UnrealBuildTool : error : Could not find definition for module 'ToolMenus', (referenced via Target -> LowEntryExtendedStandardLibraryEditor.Build.cs)
                  What am I missing here?

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out that merging an updated UE4 branch into a non-updated one doesn't work out of the box. I had to regenerate the Visual Studio project files.
                  Last edited by Gliptal; 01-21-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliptal View Post
                    Hi guys. I'm trying to upgrade my project to 4.24 and having problems with the Low Entry Extended Standard Library:

This is the first error I get:

Code:
                    2>UnrealBuildTool : error : Unhandled exception: Tools.DotNETCommon.JsonParseException: Missing or invalid 'Type' field (in C:\Users\MattiaAffabris\Code\midgard\midgard\Plugins\LowEntryExtStdLib\LowEntryExtStdLib.uplugin)
                    It seems to refer to the `UncookedOnly` value for the `Type` key entry in the Editor's descriptor. Looking at the docs () indeed the UncookedOnly option isn't mentioned

I can fix it by setting `Developer` instead, but then I get this error:

Code:
                    2>UnrealBuildTool : error : Could not find definition for module 'ToolMenus', (referenced via Target -> LowEntryExtendedStandardLibraryEditor.Build.cs)
                    What am I missing here?

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out that merging an updated UE4 branch into a non-updated one doesn't work out of the box. I had to regenerate the Visual Studio project files.
                    Hi yeah, whenever anything in the code changes, whether it's engine or plugin code, you'll have to regenerate the visual studio project files. Sometimes you also have to delete the binaries, build, etc folders. I made and use a script for this which is:

Code:
                    echo off
                    cls
                    for /D %%s in ("%~dp0*") do (
                        IF EXIST %%s\*.uproject (
                            echo %%s\
                            rmdir "%%s\Binaries" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            rmdir "%%s\Build" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            rmdir "%%s\Intermediate" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            rmdir "%%s\Saved" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            rmdir "%%s\Resources" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            rmdir "%%s\.vs" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            rmdir "%%s\%%~ns.xcworkspace" /s /q >nul 2>&1
                            del "%%s\*.VC.db" >nul 2>&1
                            del "%%s\*.sdf" >nul 2>&1
                            del "%%s\*.sln" >nul 2>&1
                            del "%%s\*.suo" >nul 2>&1
                            IF EXIST %%s\Source (
                                for /f %%f in ('dir /d /b "%%s\"') do (
                                    if /i "%%~xf"==".uproject" (
                                        CALL "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealVersionSelector.exe" /projectfiles "%%s\%%f"
                                        echo off
                                    )
                                )
                            )
                        )
                    )
                    Maybe that will be of use to you. Either way, good luck with your project!
                    Created blueprints for:

Comment

Hey,
                      can you please update the encryption plugin to 4.25? i see all others are upldated.
                      thanks in advance
                      Hi!

Comment

Just wondering, I was trying to upgrade my skills minute this would be I guess, so took advice of OP and created c++ project added my terrain in later, but anyway point is I did all requrements and far as I could get was with no errors, was no Uplugin created , just a dll for my project which was blahblahPLUSPLUS,any idea going fwd as I'd like to do this more and this plugin always lags new engine versions, what I need to fix to gedt a .uplugin out of this ?

THX
                        Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
                        https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Originally posted by fpcompany View Post
                          Hey,
                          can you please update the encryption plugin to 4.25? i see all others are upldated.
                          thanks in advance
                          The code for that plugin was updated at the same time as the others, but there was a compile warning/error that happened during the build process. I didn't get that error/warning so I was only able to guess what would fix it. I (attempted to) fix it right away and have send the updated code to Epic, you're now waiting for them to build and to publish it. I hope that this time it will build and publish successfully.

Originally posted by neighborlee View Post
                          Just wondering, I was trying to upgrade my skills minute this would be I guess, so took advice of OP and created c++ project added my terrain in later, but anyway point is I did all requrements and far as I could get was with no errors, was no Uplugin created , just a dll for my project which was blahblahPLUSPLUS,any idea going fwd as I'd like to do this more and this plugin always lags new engine versions, what I need to fix to gedt a .uplugin out of this ?

THX
                          You should have the plugin downloaded and unzipped so that [project]/Plugins/LowEntryExtStdLib/LowEntryExtStdLib.uplugin exists. Then you should rightclick your project's .uproject file and click on "Generate Visual Studio project files". Then you should open the generated .sln file with Visual Studio and compile that project. You should then have the DLL for the project be build (check the output log). If this doesn't happen, then I don't know what's going wrong, you might want to post this on the UE4 Answerhub as a bug report then, as you did all the right steps then as far as I know.
                          Created blueprints for:

Comment

I got no errors on compile, but plugin doesn't show up under edit >Plugins, or should it given it was source compile ?
                            Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
                            https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Originally posted by neighborlee View Post
                              I got no errors on compile, but plugin doesn't show up under edit >Plugins, or should it given it was source compile ?
                              If you did all the steps I described above, and you don't see the DLL being build, and you also can't find any of the blueprints of the plugin in the UE4 editor, then you should post a bug report on the UE4 answerhub, as I can't see why it wouldn't be working then.
                              Created blueprints for:

Comment

Working...
                              X