Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can do this???

Comment

Hi, we bought the asset, very nice work!

We have one major bug. When setting the water plane at position altitude, things are going quite smoothly.

But we need to set it at a negative altitude ( -800 ) and physic is going wrong ( solid are "bouncing" above surface and then after 15s stabilize into water).

All debug functions are messed up also (infinite vertical line)

We are using 4.14.3

Comment

How do I go about syncing the ocean in a server/client relationship? I see it says in the doc where it says replicate the time, but what exactly do I have to change to do this? I have replication movement set on my actors, and they're floating/moving, but the movement is kind of jerky. I assumed syncing the time would fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by Kristof View Post
          Hi, we bought the asset, very nice work!

We have one major bug. When setting the water plane at position altitude, things are going quite smoothly.

But we need to set it at a negative altitude ( -800 ) and physic is going wrong ( solid are "bouncing" above surface and then after 15s stabilize into water).

All debug functions are messed up also (infinite vertical line)

We are using 4.14.3
          Sorry that you're affected by this bug! This as also been reported by other customers, see here.
          I will try to fix this soon. In the meantime, is it possible as a workaround for you to put the water plate at Z=0 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Asusralis View Post
            How do I go about syncing the ocean in a server/client relationship? I see it says in the doc where it says replicate the time, but what exactly do I have to change to do this? I have replication movement set on my actors, and they're floating/moving, but the movement is kind of jerky. I assumed syncing the time would fix this?
            Please send me an email to the support address. I have a more detailed description how to do network replication that I've developed with customers in the past. It is not quite ready to be published, but I can send it to you via email. It will explain what exactly needs to be done for network replication.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan light
              Hi I'm having problems integrating transparency could in this update integrate transparencies?
              Originally posted by 孤岛喂鸡 View Post
              How can do this???
              This could be helpful for you: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post154271

Comment

Originally posted by Theokoles View Post
                Sorry that you're affected by this bug! This as also been reported by other customers, see here.
                I will try to fix this soon. In the meantime, is it possible as a workaround for you to put the water plate at Z=0 ?
                Thanks. We will wait for the fix.

Comment

I have succeeded in integrating transparency into your ocean

Now share how.....its the law
                  Last edited by ambershee; 07-21-2017, 10:40 AM. Reason: deleted size tags

Comment

Nice work on this pack, it looks pretty awesome with the Transparency as well !!!
                    I would love to see a storm example

Comment

Test storm example

Cool!!!!!!
                      Last edited by ambershee; 07-21-2017, 10:40 AM. Reason: deleted size tags

Comment

Hi Theokoles - Thanks for this great water system.
                        I understand you plan to including some transparency features in the future.
                        I've tried myself, and got pretty good results but I've also had to face some major compromising.

I'd like to have stencils(debthBuffer) for masking out the water and have decals for adding wake effects(etc).
                        However, stencils are a feature of 'Translucent' blend mode, and decals are a feature of 'Masked' blend mode...we can't easily use both features together.
                        I started a thread in the Rendering forum...hoping to get some ideas.
                        I'm not sure if it's practical to add these features to Physical Water Surface, but it would very useful for anyone using your shader with boats.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...boats%E2%80%A6
                        Last edited by cake_; 07-11-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Hello, I would like to announce that I am going to open a forum for the integration of transparency in water and many more new features that I have integrated, since I have improved my technique, please those who are interested say below this comment if they vote for the revelation Of my method.

(Physical Water Surface)
                          Aye Aye, Captain!
                          Last edited by ambershee; 07-21-2017, 10:39 AM. Reason: deleted size tags

Comment

interested ;-)
                            www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

Nice! Any chance we'll see some of those upgrades integrated into the retail asset?

Comment

Your work is just amazing! Can't wait to see how you achieve this

Hello, I would like to announce that I am going to open a forum for the integration of transparency in water and many more new features that I have integrated, since I have improved my technique, please those who are interested say below this comment if they vote for the revelation Of my method.

(Physical Water Surface)
                                Last edited by ambershee; 07-21-2017, 10:37 AM. Reason: deleted size tags

Comment

Working...
                                X