Physical Water Surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Syed View Post
    1) Foam and transparency around the edge.

2) Scaled object should work too.

3) If it not too much, C++ version as I can see the code is already complex and cpu-intensive. But maybe, with 4.15 nativize asset is stable so no more compilation error?

4) Aside from gradual change of wave height (wind), gradual change of ocean color?
    1) Foam and transparency I will implement in a future update.
    2) I could't reproduce the scaling issue. Could you send me an email to the support address and describe in detail how to reproduce this problem? You can also send me a small example project and I will have a look.
    3) I've reported this compilation error on nativizing Blueprints as a bug to Epic. This is high priority for me because it will significantly improve buoyancy performance.
    4) I think this is trivial to implement for everyone who needs it. The ocean color can be set by writing to a material parameter.

Comment

Great asset. I've been considering it all day for a project I'm working on. One question (and I don't know much about assets in Unreal yet) can I use your asset to create a running river? Just finished mapping out the game design. Thanks.

Comment

This is awesome; but what if I want to leave buoyancy mode and dive in underwater?
        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by Chas2002 View Post
          Great asset. I've been considering it all day for a project I'm working on. One question (and I don't know much about assets in Unreal yet) can I use your asset to create a running river? Just finished mapping out the game design. Thanks.
          Physical Water Surface was created to represent a large open water surface, like an ocean or a lake. There is no option to create a strong directional flow, so it might not be suitable for a running river. Here you can see what a relatively small body of water can look like. As you see, there is no flow in any direction.

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
          This is awesome; but what if I want to leave buoyancy mode and dive in underwater?
          At the moment there's just nothing under the water surface, so this would require some effort on your part to create the underwater environment.

Comment

Does anybody who turn on nativize bp in project settings managed to get the packaging a success? I have not yet investigated, but my project is quite simple. It is 4.13.2.
            The error comes from compiling nativized WaterPlane - and if there are not too many boats around, just avoid bp nativize option as performance-wise, it shouldn't be slow. Otherwise, you will probably need to convert WaterPlane BP to C++ yourself.
            I've found out why packaging Physical Water Surface failed with Blueprint Nativization enabled. The bugfix will be included in the next update of Physical Water Surface which will be releases in a few days. If you want to apply the fix yourself, here is how:
            Open the WaterPlane Blueprint and search for the "Clamp (float)" Node. Change the Max value from 1e100000 to 1e10.
            With this change applied, I've successfully packed Physical Water Surface with the Nativize Blueprint Assets enabled in 4.14 and 4.15 (Preview 3). In 4.12 and 4.13 packaging still didn't work, I suspect because in these versions Nativization was still experimental.
            Last edited by Theokoles; 02-04-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Update 2
              Released on February 7, 2017

This update brings seamless sea state transitions, support for Blueprint Nativization to C++ and support for NavMesh.

Please don't forget to rate Physical Water Surface on the Marketplace if you like these updates!

Seamless Sea State Transitions
              It took some time to implement, but I think the results speak for themselves. With the new ChangeSeaState function of the WaterSettings Blueprint you can trigger completely smooth transitions between different sea states within a given transition time. Check out this video to see what the transitions look like:

All that is needed to trigger a sea state transition is this Blueprint code:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ChangeSeaState.png
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1122731

Support for Blueprint Nativization to C++
              This update fixes a bug that prevented successful packaging with Nativize Blueprint Assets enabled. I've verified that Blueprint Nativization works now with engine versions 4.14 and 4.15. For more information, see here.

Support for NavMesh
              The WaterPlane Blueprint that comes with Physical Water Surface now supports NavMesh. If you place a Nav Mesh Bounds Volume in the map, NavMesh will build on the water surface.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WaterNavMeshSmall.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1122732

Bugfixes
              • Buoyancy Blueprint: PointsOffset was only applied for PointsShape Ellipse, not for PointsShape Rectangular
              • Buoyancy Blueprint: Debug visualization doesn't show an arrow pointing down any more when a point is above the water surface
              • Buoyancy Blueprint: Fixed a bug that caused an error message in the output log each frame

Improvements
              • Performance improvements of Buoyancy Component Blueprint
              • Improved steering when going backwards with the player controlled boat in the example map SteerableBoat
              • Normals of the water material can be faded out in the distance, reducing flickering on the water surface far away. This can be controlled with the new Material Parameters NormalsBlendRadius and NormalsStrengthDistance
              • Increased default movement speed of detail normals to make the water look more fluid
              • Wave parameters have been updated to be more random, resulting in a more natural water motion

Comment

Looks beautiful!

How difficult would it be to add some kind of foaming around floating objects?

Comment

Originally posted by HavocX View Post
                  Looks beautiful!

How difficult would it be to add some kind of foaming around floating objects?
                  It's possible, have a look at this video where the DistanceToNearestSurface node is used to do exactly this: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post549879

Comment

hi, how do i get the new updated version into my map, overwrite the original?

Comment

Originally posted by Architect3D View Post
                      hi, how do i get the new updated version into my map, overwrite the original?
                      I suggest you make some experiments to find out which method works best for your project (so make a backup first!). Simply overwriting the files could work, you should try this first. But every project is different, so I can't give you a definitive answer.
                      Another possibility is to add the updated version of Physical Water Surface to an empty project, and then right clicking on the "Physical Water Surface" folder and selecting "Migrate" to copy the files to your project to a folder called "PhysicalWaterSurface_Updated". Then you delete the old Physical Water Surface assets one by one in your project. In the "Delete Assets" window, there is the option "Replace References", where you should choose to Replace the file with the updated version. This way is a bit more elaborate, but it makes sure that no references are broken during the update process.

Comment

Physical Water Surface is fully compatible with the newly released engine version 4.15. Don't forget to enable the new option "Nativize Blueprint Assets" available in 4.15 to automatically convert the Buoyancy Blueprints to C++!

Comment

Physical Water Surface was just featured as a spotlight project on the Unreal Engine Livestream, check it out here!

Comment

Does the Ragdoll support buoyancy?Whether it can be like a canyon crysis, transparent sea water,can adjust the color, and there are caustics

Comment

Originally posted by Theokoles View Post
                              Physical Water Surface was just featured as a spotlight project on the Unreal Engine Livestream, check it out here!
                              very very well

Comment

Originally posted by wuyukang View Post
                                Does the Ragdoll support buoyancy?Whether it can be like a canyon crysis, transparent sea water,can adjust the color, and there are caustics
                                Ragdoll buoyancy doesn't work automatically at the moment but I'm planning to look into this, since multiple people have requested it. The color can be adjusted, but there are no underwater effects right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X