Physical Water Surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Hi Theokoles, do you maybe have some suggestion on how to achieve something similar to this?

Click image for larger version Name:	dummy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.9 KB ID:	1691414
    Here is how I would approach this:
    • Make your own water plane mesh with a hole
    • Disable the infinite ocean system (otherwise the hole would move with the camera)
    • To get the effect of water flowing into the hole, have a look at this free asset. It has a setup for water flowing down rocks.
    • Add particle systems for the foam falling into the hole, and for the smoke rising in the middle.
    Let me know if you have questions about any of these steps!

The page does not exist, can you point me to a guide, or briefly describe steps, thanks.
    I'll clarify this and let you know when I have more information.

Comment

Originally posted by Theokoles View Post
      Here is how I would approach this:.
      Thanks for your input Theokoles, I actually used a stencil render depth mesh to mask out the ocean layer, and disable the boat buoyancy, and player swim and post process volumes at the hole .. https://twitter.com/LegendsofEpica/s...81224065249280
      Reallusion Unreal Engine Community Manager / LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Thanks for your input Theokoles, I actually used a stencil render depth mesh to mask out the ocean layer, and disable the boat buoyancy, and player swim and post process volumes at the hole .. https://twitter.com/LegendsofEpica/s...81224065249280
        That's also a great method to make the hole in the water surface. Actually, there are many diffferent methods to achieve this. Another method would be to use Mesh Distance fields, similar to how the water can be made invisible inside of boats.

Comment

So I'm still having trouble with reflection probes showing reflections from my (static) boat all the way on the horizon...

Anyone have any tips for how to get the water to perhaps only reflect the skybox? (Using the default one with the slow moving clouds built into the engine for now.)

Comment

Physical Water Surface is compatible with the latest engine version 4.24. Please let me know if you should encounter any problems.

Comment

Hi,

How to get that nice foamy water around my boat? also is there any good particles I can use for the "waterspray" around my boat?

Really nice plugin though!

BRGRDS

Comment

Originally posted by RMelin View Post
                Hi,

How to get that nice foamy water around my boat? also is there any good particles I can use for the "waterspray" around my boat?

Really nice plugin though!

BRGRDS
                A particle system is a very good way to create form around a boat. Have a look at this video for example.

If you want to add a foam texture to the water surface around the boat, then you need to find out if a pixel on the surface is close to the floating object. For this I suggest one of the following methods:
                • Using DepthFade to find out if a floating object is close, see here.
                • Using Mesh Distance Fields (they are already used in Physical Water Surface to mask out water inside of the boat). See here for more information.

Comment

Hi, I have this ocean a while ago, I have seen that it is compatible with NavMesh, I was wondering why there is no basic example of artificial intelligence? I have tried to create an Ai to follow my boat but for some reason it stays still, please can you show us an example of how you should configure the Ai in your ocean with physics

Comment

Originally posted by spiriteos View Post
                    Hi, I have this ocean a while ago, I have seen that it is compatible with NavMesh, I was wondering why there is no basic example of artificial intelligence? I have tried to create an Ai to follow my boat but for some reason it stays still, please can you show us an example of how you should configure the Ai in your ocean with physics
                    Please check first if NavMesh is correctly building on the water surface. It should look like this.
                    Another customer once had a similar issue, it was solved by setting the Collision Preset of the boat mesh to Custom. I recommend that you contact me directly for further assistance at therealtheokoles@gmail.com

Comment

Having issues with buyoancy on this pawn. I'm hoping this is compatible with Pawns because if not this is a big issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_45.png
Views:	60
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	1718503

Comment

I have been struggling to get this mesh to work for hours now Can someone take a look at the way I have this ship configured? It is spinning around in place.

Comment

Originally posted by JDCustard View Post
                          Having issues with buyoancy on this pawn. I'm hoping this is compatible with Pawns because if not this is a big issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_45.png
Views:	60
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	1718503
                          The Buoyoancy Blueprint of Physical Water Surface works with Pawns, for example the Boat in the SteerableBoat map is a Pawn.
                          Please contact me at therealtheokoles@gmail.com, I'll help you figure this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tycox94 View Post
                            I have been struggling to get this mesh to work for hours now Can someone take a look at the way I have this ship configured? It is spinning around in place.

Please check that the location of the Center of Mass of your boat is at the correct location. If it's at an unexpected location this could explain the behavior of your ship. Use this node to override the center of mass. If this doesn't solve the problem please contact me at therealtheokoles@gmail.com, I can have a look at your boat and help you get Buoyancy working correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tycox94 View Post

This issue was solved and I would like to provide the solution here for future reference: The problem was that no Collision was defined for the mesh of the ship (Collision is needed for the UE4 physics system to work properly). After creating Collision for the ship mesh (for example Box Simplified Collision), Buoyancy started to work as expected.

Comment

Hi, how is the progress going on the update?
                                Reallusion Unreal Engine Community Manager / LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Working...
                                X