X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks solution based on this right??
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...am=&viewfull=1

Comment

Hi Theokoles. Can you tell me if the Z < 0 bug have been fixed since june ? (we are under 4.16).

Comment

Hello !

I'm using the plugin to great effect, but i'm coming across something I can't figure out (I'm not even sure it's possible).

I'm currently using a 'wet line' effect on my landscape material to generate a wet effect at sea level, here is my current setup that i sure to lerp regular landscape & wet landscape:

Click image for larger version

Name:	wetline.png
Views:	1
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	1367830

This method generates a fixed wet line that looks OK, but what I'm trying to achieve is having the wetness follow the waves on the WaterPlane. I can't figure out a way to do it.

Is there any way I could use the WaterMotion node (or something else?) to simulate this ? Extra bonus would be having the wet line a little late compared to the waves.

Thanks for the great work

Cheers

Comment

Absolutely stunning Jonathan. Have you checked out the water in Assassin's Creed Origins? I like the way their lake water uses foam only for edges, shoreline, characters, boats, with shoreline waves that roll in, and the water mesh displacement by characters and boats, its amazing ... they create a wake in front of the swimming character and moving ships, and when you are facing the sun you can even get a beautiful SSS effect in the wake displacement. I would think about adding that feature to your shader, an option to turn down or off the wave foam, and a displacement wake with SSS for things moving through the water. Check out Origins, and you will see what I am talking about. I love your work, please offer it again on the market place. I don't understand why Theokoles won't work with you ... together you could quickly Scrum out a great water shader.

Comment

Physical Water Surface is compatible with engine version 4.18. Please let me know if you should encounter any problems.

Comment

Hi, I have added the water surface to my level. The level was almost finished with much work done. But the boat I placed on the water was always flying high as I hit play. The boat was not scaled and I had used the same boat and the water plane in my previous game with no issues. After about one day of trials and errors I found out that if I set the location Z offset of both the water and the boat to 0, the issue is solved. But it makes the water way too high in my level. Moving everything up so the water's height is 0 doesn't appear to be a good idea. The water plane and the boat's Z is -1360 units. Is there any way I can make the boat float normal without changing its location? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tongucci View Post
                Hi, I have added the water surface to my level. The level was almost finished with much work done. But the boat I placed on the water was always flying high as I hit play. The boat was not scaled and I had used the same boat and the water plane in my previous game with no issues. After about one day of trials and errors I found out that if I set the location Z offset of both the water and the boat to 0, the issue is solved. But it makes the water way too high in my level. Moving everything up so the water's height is 0 doesn't appear to be a good idea. The water plane and the boat's Z is -1360 units. Is there any way I can make the boat float normal without changing its location? Thanks.
                This is a known issue that I'm investigating at the moment. It has a high priority for me to fix this bug with the next update. At the moment the only known workaround is to place the water plane at Z=0.

Comment

Just remember workaround is not a fix, we are still waiting for it since May 2017.
                  Nilson Lima
                  Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                  Art is a state of Spirit

Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/QJUb5Wk
                  UE4 Marketplace:
                  Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
                    Just remember workaround is not a fix, we are still waiting for it since May 2017.
                    I have found the solution for this issue, and at the moment I'm doing some final testing before I release the update. You can expect the update very soon.

Comment

What i'd really like to see with this asset is more portability - put the main gerstner/normal functionality in a material function and drive it with a material parameter collection.
                      George Rolfe.
                      Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by duke22 View Post
                        What i'd really like to see with this asset is more portability - put the main gerstner/normal functionality in a material function and drive it with a material parameter collection.
                        Good idea, I'll check if it is possible to do it this way.

Comment

Update 3
                          Released on February 9, 2018

Bugfix for the Buoyancy Blueprint
                          This update fixes the following bug: When the water plane was placed at a height different from Z=0, it could occur that the floating objects wrongly received a large vertical acceleration during the first tick of the game and were sent flying upwards into the sky. Now, the Buoyancy Blueprint performs a special check to make sure this does not happen any more.
                          If you have this problem in your existing game, you just need to replace the Buoyancy Blueprint with the newest version from this update.

Comment

[QUOTE="Theokoles;n767844"] It would be very interesting for me to hear how the performance is on a GPU with minimum VR spec (GTX 970 or AMD 290), so I can make a version of the material optimized for VR.

Have you done any VR optimization since this?

Comment

Originally posted by meuliano View Post

Have you done any VR optimization since this?
                              I did a quick test just now and found that Forward Rendering works with Physical Water Surface. However, I have not done any optimizations yet for Forward Rendering so at the moment I can't tell you about the performance and if there are any limitations.

Comment

With a little tinkering you do stuff like this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUmpbpCbRxE

(Sorry about the horrific bitrate)
                                George Rolfe.
                                Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Working...
                                X