Physical Water Surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Zubenko View Post
    Nice! Any chance we'll see some of those upgrades integrated into the retail asset?
    Originally posted by jonathan light
    Hello thank you very much, I would like to provide all the advances I have made, but it does not depend on me, it depends on Theokoles, it would be great to take a vote for the integration of this content. But it is better to consult him.
    This looks great and is very interesting for me. However, I can't just add content created by other people to Physical Water Surface, it needs to by my own creation. It's great to see what people want and what can be achieved, I will try to implement something similar.
    Jonathan, of course you're invited to share how you've achieved this, people (me included) are very interested what you have done exactly. I could also imagine to add a chapter to the wiki about modifications and how-tos created by customers with interesting content like this.

Comment

Hello, I would like to announce that I am going to open a forum for the integration of transparency in water and many more new features that I have integrated, since I have improved my technique, please those who are interested say below this comment if they vote for the revelation Of my method.

(Physical Water Surface)
      Very much interested

Comment

I have a strange problem. Every time i add the water plane to a level (i even tried to create a stock third person c++ project) and i jump into the water, i keep sliding on the water at VERY fast speeds seemingly at random. It is enough to turn my mouse to change direction and slide away at ludicrous speeds. I'm using UE 4.16.2. Is it related to my UE version or what could be the problem?

Thanks

Comment

So these collections or functions need additional purchase? Such as water cross section?

Comment

Originally posted by 孤岛喂鸡 View Post
            So these collections or functions need additional purchase? Such as water cross section?
            No, I will implement something like this in Physical Water Surface and when that happens you will get the update for free.

Comment

Hello Theokoles do not worry already delete the content is no longer available for if not damage the community or anything like that I dedicate to make my own content and regret the inconvenience

I do not speak English in case I do not understand
              I want to explain what happened here: Jonathan contacted me and asked about a possible collaboration between us with the goal to integrate the transparency feature that he developed on his own into Physical Water Surface. I told him that it is quite difficult to integrate third party content into marketplace assets and that I'm already planning to implement transparency myself instead. But I encouraged him to share his methods for creating the transparency, either in this forum thread or in a dedicated chapter on my wiki page. He did not want to do this, instead his new idea was that he wanted to sell a transparency update to people who had bought Physical Water Surface on the Marketplace. I told him that I was not open to this sort of cooperation.
              I didn't ask him to delete any content. On the contrary, I have and will always encourage him and other customers to share what they have done with Physical Water Surface and how they have modified and improved it.
              Jonathan, my offer is still standing: If you want you can write a section on my wiki page about your transparency modifications. I'm sure that a lot of customers would be very interested to see how you have done it.

Comment

When the pluging will be update for UE4 4.17?

Comment

Originally posted by nadhirmsa View Post
                  When the pluging will be update for UE4 4.17?
                  I've submitted my patch for 4.17 to Epic, but they have not released it yet. Anyways, there is only a small problem in 4.17 that can be fixed easily: If you update your project to 4.17 and the water plane is gray and not moving, please read here how to fix that.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=19217]Theokoles[/MENTION], awesome plugin! Just one thing before purchasing: Does this work with 4.16 custom builds? I'm having 4.16.2 with quite a few of GameWorks tech included, just want to make sure I have no problem with it since I cannot try before hand . Cheers.
                    Animost Studio

Comment

Originally posted by sieumeo View Post
                      Hi [MENTION=19217]Theokoles[/MENTION], awesome plugin! Just one thing before purchasing: Does this work with 4.16 custom builds? I'm having 4.16.2 with quite a few of GameWorks tech included, just want to make sure I have no problem with it since I cannot try before hand . Cheers.
                      I can't say that for sure, I've never tested with custom builds. What I can tell you is that I've never heard of any customer having problems with custom builds. And also, Physical Water Surface is just done with Blueprints (no C++ code), so I'm optimistic that it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Theokoles View Post

I've submitted my patch for 4.17 to Epic, but they have not released it yet. Anyways, there is only a small problem in 4.17 that can be fixed easily: If you update your project to 4.17 and the water plane is gray and not moving, please read here how to fix that.
                        Epic have processed my update, you now can download the version of Physical Water Surface that is compatible with 4.17!

Comment

Hello Theokoles, I am very interested in purchasing. Can you tell me a few things however.

Can I blend the water meshes so that as it gets closer to the land, the waves become smaller. Can I blend them so that when a river meets the ocean its calm and then going into the ocean water.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAvidOwl View Post
                            Hello Theokoles, I am very interested in purchasing. Can you tell me a few things however.

Can I blend the water meshes so that as it gets closer to the land, the waves become smaller. Can I blend them so that when a river meets the ocean its calm and then going into the ocean water.
                            The easiest way to achieve this effect is to scale the amplitude of the water displacement using Mesh Paint. Here is a tutorial where Mesh Paint is used to add foam to the water surface, the concept is very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBudgie View Post
                              I tested some more how to get different waves at runtime and now simply multiply the world position offset during runtime and the height for buoyancy. Never mind the normals at high waves. That kind of works, but only up to moderate offsets. Then the waves go crazy. Better would be to grab the k variables and the other ones that you have and have them exposed as scalar parameters (or some coefficients in front of them) during runtime so that you can grab them with some blueprint by their material instance and change the sea state gradually.

Also faded out the normals with distance by dividing R,G of the normals with screen depth. That gets rid of the noise at distance. Only blue, i.e. Z-normal, left at distance, i.e. all looking up.
                              Also tried depth fade for foam, but it is pretty useless, because it cuts off right at the border of the water-object overlap. I think this is the only UE4 method to get foam, so that's useless. Better do a transparency fade with some slightly different color and overall foam in the sea.

We are just looking into what to do next. The more I look into this, the more it looks like the next game will be Arrr, Matey!

Hi!

Someone know how to make such buatiful "Object Foam with Distance Fields" ??

BlueBudgie write on youtube video short answer:

You enable 'generate mesh distance fields' in the render settings and then use the 'getdistance to nearest surface' node in the UE4 materials editor to lerp stuff in/out around surfaces like foam.

But i did not understand how to insert getdistance to nearest surface right((

Comment

Looks solution based on this right??
                                https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...am=&viewfull=1

Comment

Working...
                                X