Birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Living Systems View Post
    Do you have your NavMesh volume in place and build navigation? What does the bird do? just stand there or fly away?
    I think I am having the same issue. I have all the pre-reqs in place, sky, ground, and perch targets, nav volume and nav data built, and the crow does fly around but doesn't seem to react to the player char. If I add another actor to the scene and add the tag to him then the crow will land at his feet.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the player char also having the Player tag in the tags array? The other actor only has BirdEnemy in it's tags array... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

J^2

Comment

Originally posted by J. J. Franzen View Post

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the player char also having the Player tag in the tags array? The other actor only has BirdEnemy in it's tags array... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

J^2
      My guess is that you are putting the tag in the wrong spot. The Tag needs to be an Actor Tag not a Component Tag.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ActorTag.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.7 KB ID:	1826239 Click image for larger version  Name:	NotComponent.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.6 KB ID:	1826240
      it shouldn't matter if you have other tags.
      you can test things out by using the "NpcBot_WithEnemyTags" in the (Birds > ThirdPersonBP > Blueprints) folder.
      Let me know if this is the issue you are having, also let me know if things work properly with that "NpcBot_WithEnemyTags"
      If things are not working with that bot then it's not a Tag issue, its something else. Also is the Demo Level working properly for you?
      Last edited by Living Systems; 10-26-2020, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Hi, can we integrate it with existing character? like maybe we can reverse the behavior from running out player to chasing the player. Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

I have several pigeons on the ground currently and they do fly when I get close to them, but I have some questions:

- Currently they fly at the exact same moment, how can I make them wait a bit before flying to get a natural result.
          - They don't walk around when I am far from them, I did set their checkbox of (Starting walking) to true and I did set several ground target points and I did add a nav mesh volume and build paths but they are standing still.
          - Is it possible to play an SFX when they start flying (wing flapping sound).

Comment

Originally posted by Veneno343 View Post
            Hi, can we integrate it with existing character? like maybe we can reverse the behavior from running out player to chasing the player. Thank you.
            You can already do this, in the Birds blueprint set "DoIFearTheEnemy?" to False, and set "ChaseTheEnemy?" to True. You can do this on a per Bird basis or you can globally set it in the Bird parent class.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ChaseEnemy.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1829001
            Originally posted by Semaphore View Post
            Hello,

I have several pigeons on the ground currently and they do fly when I get close to them, but I have some questions:

- Currently they fly at the exact same moment, how can I make them wait a bit before flying to get a natural result.
            - They don't walk around when I am far from them, I did set their checkbox of (Starting walking) to true and I did set several ground target points and I did add a nav mesh volume and build paths but they are standing still.
            - Is it possible to play an SFX when they start flying (wing flapping sound).
            In the fly away section of the Behavior Tree you can put a wait node before the flyaway node like this and use the Random Deviation to get a random number.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	WaitBeforeFly.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	1829002
            you can also play a sound of flapping wings here too with a "PlaySound" node.
            Also look at the Patrol section in the Behavior Tree you might want to use a smaller number in the Wait nodes. The Birds are running away from you- then they wait.
            Hope that helped.

Comment

Hello.
              But what about birds that are already in the sky? I'm going to make a short video of birds suddenly started to fly over some trees (scared by a gunshot, for example). I put them flying close enough to the trees, and the result is good for me. All I need is to make them wait before starting to fly away.

Comment

Working...
              X